insuring a car on British plates in spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by mgk Star rating in Penthouse 2. 241 posts Send private message

mgk´s avatar

Hi

Is there any problem insuring a British reg car in Spain short term,we are driving over in sept. and our ins.runs out end of oct.

as we intend to buy a Spanish vehicle in a couple of months,would there be any problems?

The vehicle is taxed / MOTed

www.condadoelectricalservices.com        condadoes@live.co.uk

tel.605 832  795

Like 0      
20 Aug 2010 10:01 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 744 posts Send private message

No problem whatsoever.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
23 Aug 2010 5:39 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Why not just renew your UK insurance? I think with a green card your insurance covers you for upto 3 months abroad?

Why bring over car in first place if intention is to buy Spanish car?

I don't believe it's as easy in Spain to cancel one policy and set up a new policy when you buy a spanish reg car partly due to limited number of companies insuring UK reg cars in first place.

If it's really important it might be a good idea to chat to an insurance agent just to be on the safe side.

I remember a few years ago asking a Spanish insurance company at renewal how much it would cost to add my son who would have his licence within one month of renewal and the premium was so high I changed insurance companies there and then.

Like 0      
23 Aug 2010 7:33 PM by steve and anita Star rating in in San Cayetano. 324 posts Send private message

steve and anita´s avatar

Insurance is very dear here compared to the same level of cover for the same vehicle in the UK. Think its compulsary to have breakdown cover here which pushes up the premiums.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

AGM called contrary to the statutes, advice please - 1 posts
Insurance Claim - Damaged Tiled Floor - 1 posts
MOBILE BROADBAND RECEPTION IN IZNAJAR - 4 posts
Telefonica Tip. - 3 posts
IBI increases - 0 posts
Hola Amigo's....Im new to EyeonSpain, come and say hi....:) - 0 posts
Information required - 2 posts
GOLF FEES - 5 posts
Fitting tow bar to car - 1 posts
Mortgage Transfers - 1 posts
spanish property reposessions helppppppppp - 1 posts
La Caixa: Payments of cheques - 10 posts
Flight delay compensation cases put on hold - 0 posts
Kindergarten / School in Fuengirola - 6 posts
Form S1 (E106) registering for Healthcare - Estepona Area - 2 posts
Backing the nature through green buildings - 2 posts
IBI Tax bill for a property I don't own! - 2 posts
I couldn't believe it - 7 posts
renting in medina elvira 23 - 0 posts
Iberdrola - 7 posts
torrestat tv interference - 3 posts
Barcelona in 2011 - 2 posts
Importing a UK registered car that was previously Spanish registered ... - 3 posts
Apparently high catastral value - 2 posts
Open Countryside - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x