The Grace and Style of the Spaniard

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by channing Star rating in Pennsylvania. 8 posts Send private message

This  just makes me smile and confirms why I love the Spanish people inspite of...; no one has more grace or style, whether in soccer, food, or now diplomacy:

The following is a letter from Spanish lawmaker (and former leader of the United Leftist Party) ,Gaspar LLamazares Trigo,to the U.S. Director of the FBI, Robert Mueller - enjoy.

Mr. Director,

As you may have been informed, on the official website of the U.S. State Department, the FBI has used facial features of the undersigned to create a digitally modified image of what Osama bin Laden might look like today.

The FBI has violated domestic and international law and caused irreparable harm to my honor. Even more serious is the deliberate threat to my personal security in the event that I should travel to the United States, since the mentioned announcement lists"a reward up o $25,000,000." Considering the FBI's precedents, especially under the shadowy directorship of J.Edgar Hoover, it is hard to believe that this is a coincidence. As a member of the Congress of the Deputies of Spain, I called for the withdrawal of Spanish troops fromAfganistan and criticized the layovers in Spanish airports of CIA flights on which presumed terrorists were illegally transferred to secret prisons to be interrogated ot tortured. In the unlikely event that the FBI, like amateurs, simple resorted to Google, and my image appeared among the more than six billion inhabitants of the Earth, such primitive methods would only show your agency's incompetence.

In defense of my honor and image, I hereby ask you to open an investigation of this issue. Where did you get my picture? If it was from Google, what were the key words used to find my picture? Does the FBI have foreign leftists on file along with criminals? Can you guarantee that the FBI will revise its procedures so that such shameful events do not happen again? I thank you for your time and look forward to your response.

Sincerely yours, Gaspar LLamazares Trigo

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

casares area - 8 posts
Looking for Work in Spain - 3 posts
Home need for 3 cats - 1 posts
Spanish Inheritance Tax - Chapter 1 by Jose M.Lopez Avalos - 0 posts
Advice on spanish taxes - 4 posts
bank charge, can anyone help ? - 1 posts
"Hello?'the voice from Northeast - 1 posts
Death Of A Tenant - 1 posts
need to put fire inset in fireplace-winter months to keep warm - 3 posts
SELLING A PROPERTY - 3 posts
7.5 Tonne truck has to go. - 2 posts
MOT in Gibraltar - 4 posts
directions from Ikea back to Condado. - 0 posts
2620 - 0 posts
6 Month Rental Request - Advice Please! - 6 posts
A bit of help needed please - 8 posts
Advertising Information - 2 posts
Hola Everyone :) - 1 posts
Gas Plancha required also Coffee Machine - 3 posts
Delivery to UK - 0 posts
Spain flights 2011 - 3 posts
what does "eres una máquinba" mean - 4 posts
Best Tariff = Iberdrola - 14 posts
last two electricity bills have been estimated??!! - 13 posts
Ubiquitous Mortgages - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x