Electrical Certificate

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by Trocy Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi there,

I have recently bought an apartment in Nueva Andalucia and my conveyancer has tried to change the electricity contract into my name.  However, he is now advising me that I will need an `electricity certificate' before this can be done; apparently it is a new regulation.  He has instructed an electrician to provide a quote and it has come in unexpectedly high as he is saying that, before the certificate can be issued, I would have to have the fuse box replaced as well as the wiring from the meter to the fuse box. 

Is this usual just to secure a contract for the supply of electricity?  The apartment is not a new build.

Thanks, any help would be much appreciated!

Like 0      
20 Jul 2010 8:11 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Yes, I'm afraid so. The certificate referred to is called a "boletín" and basically certifies that the wiring and installation meets current EU specifications. In some cases this could involve a complete rewire! Without a current valid boletín you will not be able to change the contract into your name. For this reason, many contracts in older properties are still in previous owner's names, but unless you can get the person named on the contract to give the electric company your name and address / bank details for billing, you may have no option.

Last I heard, a boletín costs around €150, plus any work needed of course.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
20 Jul 2010 8:24 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Like Roberto says it is correct, we bought an older property last year, we had to have the entire place rewired before we got a boletin

Not cheap I'm afraid

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
21 Jul 2010 10:21 AM by Trocy Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thanks guys, that is really helpful information! 

...So now, my next question is:  Does anyone know of any decent electricans operating in the Nueva Andalucia area??  Think I need to get a second quote at this point.

I have scoured the internet but I am not having much luck...

Like 0      
21 Jul 2010 3:04 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Hi

Do not know any electricians in your area but when we were looking for a plumber to do our water bolletin( similar thing). We went our local friendly bank manager and he gave us details of one in the village. Before this we had tried all over the place and could not find anyone.

Jean

Like 0      
11 Sep 2010 4:28 PM by alcozaso Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

H i I am in the same position , bought an apt 24 years old and now awaiting for the electrician to take the pee,i would have thought if being rented by a proper rental agency they would have made sure everything was previously up to date with regards to regulations, or solicitors would have warned purchasers of this possible extra charge , anyone know a good electrician in calahonda who can certify an electrical instalation certificate thanks

Like 0      
11 Sep 2010 10:42 PM by jacobfranklyn Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

hello i use this guy Keith Smalley  617 700 605 he is a great guy and he is a qualified sparky and he live in al faro near calahonda just let him know andrew west refered him       

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

DACION EL PAGO - 6 posts
Clay search - 0 posts
Clay search - 0 posts
Squatter crisis - 26 posts
New roof on old building... - 2 posts
Choir (coro) /Singing group - 0 posts
how far is Duecasa from Malaga Airport - 4 posts
El Corte Ingles Discount Vouchers..... - 0 posts
Problem President :( - 53 posts
Need an Alarm - Costa Blanca? - 3 posts
car boot sales - 0 posts
putting up curtain poles/pictures worried about electrical wires/pipes - 7 posts
Help with Plumbing - 2 posts
Agents near Mojacar - 3 posts
Getting Insurance Company to settle - 0 posts
reposession of property - 1 posts
CONTACT HELP - 1 posts
CONTACT HELP - 0 posts
Legal advice - 0 posts
Mazarron Country Club - 2 posts
Rock concert in San Javier - 2 posts
QUIZ NIGHTS - 0 posts
transfer from airport - 2 posts
Transfering to Spanish Reg - 4 posts
Architect problems CFO & LFO ,legal proceedings ? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x