90% mortgage required

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by kiptic Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi every one 

Can anyone tell me if its possible to get a 90% mortgage froma spanish bank if your buying direct from them i am thinking of moving into the Playa flamenca area who are the local banks in that area..any thoughts would be gratfull...steve

Like 0      
02 Jul 2010 3:59 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Steve,

It all depends on what property....i.e the valuation to purchase price.

I have found that a lot of the banks are giving mortgages on overpriced properties so in essence you end up with instant negative equity.

It clears the bank stock so they see this as a quick fix.

I have just mangaed to get a 91% mortgage for a client, i use a lawyer to get client mortgages, the beauty of this system is that you can get a good price and good percentage mortgage without suffering the banks over inflated prices.

What people sometimes misinterperate is that Bank owned does not always represent good value.

Like 0      
02 Jul 2010 4:02 PM by kiptic Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

many thanks for the info i understand what you are saying about over priced property . i have seen some offer a best offer deal that may be worth bringing the price down by 10% or so will have a look about and see what happens...steve

Like 0      
03 Jul 2010 9:57 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Steve - I agree with Georgia that the banks' deals tend to be based on very high valuations.  However, it is possible to negotiate and put in low offers for their repossessions. 

Bancaja are doing some good deals but if you just went by the prices on their website (and the fact they have the wrong descriptions, wrong addresses and no photos for some properties!!) then you would never even look at them.

I don't deal with the local branch so drop me a PM if you want more info.

Happy hunting!

Like 0      
15 Jan 2011 10:30 PM by Rob in Madrid Star rating in Madrid. 274 posts Send private message

Rob in Madrid´s avatar
Just currious by why would you want to buy when you can usually rent for much less?

Decided after all I don't like Spanish TV, that is having compared both.

Like 0      
17 Jan 2011 1:47 PM by kiptic Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

I know what you are saying and since i put my first thread into this site i have now kind of changed my mind about jumping into buying and going for a rental for at lkeast 6 months. we are just like every one else trying with no luck selling our own home in the uk so its fingers crossed and waiting to see what happens...

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Cox apartment ref. SP1176 - 0 posts
Administrator at meeting - 0 posts
Birthday thread - 4 posts
Photovoltaic cells - Feeser income tariff - 3 posts
Cedula de Habitation for an old house - 3 posts
Caba de gato & snorkelling - 1 posts
San Javier information - 1 posts
Advice Please on Schools In/Around Calahonda - 13 posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAN (PITBY) - 5 posts
reposession of my Apt - 2 posts
Problems with the 'Rough Justice again' thread... my previous post has been deleted... !! - 4 posts
moving asap - 10 posts
Erection party. - 2 posts
Driving UK car in Spain - 13 posts
handing keys back - 10 posts
EOS moderators question - 12 posts
Green stuff on chairs - 2 posts
insurance when purchasing. - 3 posts
Warning! - 4 posts
Mexico, no. Any thoughts/advice on considering a move to the Valencia area? - 9 posts
moving furniture - 1 posts
Toll Fees - 5 posts
Water sports activities for teenagers in Fuengirola - Benalmadena - Torremolinos? - 0 posts
OUT OF AFRICA - 8 posts
White paint - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x