How do you relax in Spain on a Sunday?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

I was just curious as to how people relax in Spain on a Sunday.

As for me, well today I'm going to watch the European Grand Prix at Valencia and then watch the England v Germany footy game, then have a BBQ and a couple of cervezas, then hit the hot tub!

Bliss!

Another relaxing, lazy, sunny Sunday in Spain!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
27 Jun 2010 1:40 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

We took our dog Lisa for a walk into the town centre so that we could buy La Verdad with all its supplements (to read and improve our Spanish at the same time!).  On the way back we stopped for a coffee at a new bar, sitting outside with Lisa - we will definitely go back there as it only cost 1.70€ for a solo and cortado, and Lisa seemed to like it there too!

We will watch the Grand Prix, however the mother of one of our neighbours is coming over at 4pm for a Spanish-English language interchange so we will have to miss some of the football unless of course we ring and cancel! 

We will take Lisa for another long walk later on, and if we stop again it will be for cerveza and/or vino tinto -  she has agua, by the way, as she is too young to drink alcohol....

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
27 Jun 2010 3:58 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hubby & I get up very leisurely    then, around 11.30am, we stroll across to the market .. held on the edge of our urb .. which is HUGE with many stalls & cafes. We stop for a couple of beers then later eat whatever we fancy from one of the large selection of cafes of all nationalities there. Today we had English breakfasts, egg, bacon, sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms, hash browns, baked beans, a large bowl of chips, orange juice & toast & butter for 8.50€ total. We often bump into people we know & catch up. It's the one day my hubby doesn't drive so he enjoys a few beers.

Currently we're sitting watching TV in the lead up to the England - Germany game. With a few mins to go my OH is almost asleep! Excuse me whilst I elbow him!

Enjoy the game.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 27/06/2010.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2010 7:51 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Normally we go out to the same bar for coffee & tapas, possibly a walk round the market for fruit & veg. then home. depending what time of year it is then rotavating , brushcutting or weedkilling , clean the pool that no one uses, ( 2x a day here ). If it's olive picking time then there's no going out just picking !  Catch up on all the jobs I 've not done during the week as I'm working.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2010 10:49 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

We call and pick up a Sunday Mail on the way to Irish Road Bowling ( yes we still go !! )

Afterwards we call at Jennings or Billies bar for coffee before driving home.

Then it's settle down with the paper, crossword and word wheel, maybe a dip in the pool and just generally wind down after a busy week of activity ( how I found time to work full time I'll never know!! )

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
28 Jun 2010 8:22 AM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

How can you tell when it's Sunday?

This message was last edited by redsam79 on 28/06/2010.

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
28 Jun 2010 3:12 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

We can tell it´s a Sunday as it's the only day we actually buy the La Verdad newspaper.  The rest of the week we read it for free in one of the many local bars when we go for a coffee or vino!

Sue

Sue Walker

Like 0      
28 Jun 2010 3:41 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

I can when it's Sunday morning, as there is a load more traffic around Sabinillas, as this is due to the Sunday Market, or....

There are a load of people on the beach in the morning or late afternoon, as the Spanish are far to savvy to sit and roast in the afternoon sun!

Well. even though Germany won on both occasions, I stilled enjoyed the Formula one, as both our boys came in second and third, and Vettel is a very good driver and he hasn't got a chip on his shoulder, unlike Alonso!

As for the footy, I'm not going to talk about it.... it was a goal... as the lads really didn't get into the game.

The BBQ was great as was the Hot Tub, having said that we are in the Hot Tub nearly ever night! lol

Looking forward to next Sunday, as the family are over and we will probably go down the market and then hit one of the beaches, and I can chill out and get a tan... well, more of a tan....  if that is possible!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
28 Jun 2010 11:07 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Just like Karensun we crucify ourselves every Sunday (and Thursday) playing Irish Road Bowling. Great exercise and a lovely way to meet new friends.

Irene

Like 0      
10 Jul 2010 6:07 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

I know exactly how I will be relaxing in Spain on a Sunday (tomorrow)...

Watching the British Grand Prix out on the terrace, whilst having a BBQ and some cerveza...

Then later on down to Lo de Andres in Sabinillas to watch the Holland vs Spain World Cup Final football match, maybe have some tapa, but will defo have some more cerveza!

Tis gonna be a really good relaxing day, with a big dollop of excitement thrown in!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
11 Jul 2010 12:25 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

......and if Spain win, there'll be no relaxing for anyone until some time Monday morning.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
11 Jul 2010 1:05 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

... of the following week!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
11 Jul 2010 4:45 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Our relaxing Sunday so far.....

11.30 went to watch la Ofrenda de flores, as part of the Fiesta de San Cristóbal

12.30 went to Bodegas Luzón for Música entre Vineo, listening to jazz from The Vogue while sampling wine and aperitivos, stopping for coffees in town on the way back and watching the British Grand Prix.  Good results for Lewis and Jenson!

16.30 now at home watching Le Tour de France.  Go Bradley and Geraint!

Later, after an early dinner, we plan to walk into the town centre to watch the World Cup final.  We have been tasked by our friends John and Lesley (our chauffeurs for the visit to the Bodegas), to find somewhere to watch the football outside.  Our friend Juana María has suggested a couple of places, so we are going to check them out.  Wherever we go, it's bound to be a great evening! ¡Vamos España!

Sue

Sue Walker

Like 0      
15 Jul 2010 4:37 PM by geogeo Star rating in Madrid. 6 posts Send private message

geogeo´s avatar

** EDITED - Spam **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 15/07/2010.

Like 0      
01 Oct 2010 11:03 AM by EllenDavies Star rating in London and Murcia.. 5 posts Send private message

EllenDavies´s avatar

Barbecues when the weather is good, friends for tapas when it is not.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Editing Threads and responses... - 3 posts
Living in Spain, Working P/T in UK - 4 posts
Living in Spain, Working P/T in UK - 6 posts
EasyJet vs Ryan Air - 21 posts
The Senior Driver - 0 posts
Broken LCD Screen on Digital compact Camera - 7 posts
Something a little diffrent! - 7 posts
Ryanair announce new Malaga routes - 0 posts
Rip Off - 4 posts
pollyanna - 0 posts
Limescale Problems - 9 posts
Area Information Reqired - 4 posts
Administrators in the Costa Blanca & Costa Calida - 0 posts
econorent - 7 posts
Which car hire is best? - 8 posts
information please - 0 posts
JOB FOR HOUSE IN SPAIN THIS SUMMER - 0 posts
Changes to terms and conditions of mortgage - 5 posts
christmas flights from glasgow - 0 posts
christmas flights from glasgow - 1 posts
Rental Contract in Spanish (1 week stay) - 5 posts
Voting at AGM - 1 posts
WHAT HAPPENED TO A THREAD? - 1 posts
sale contract - 7 posts
Light fixtures in Quesada - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x