Rip Off

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by sandiemac Star rating in Ireland/El Barranco .... 22 posts Send private message

Hi all

I have just returned fron spain, i flew in to Alicante and returned the car to Murcia  for four days with Goldcar was stated 80 Euro on my docket and when i got there trhey charged me 180..Euro. They gave me a deisel car full and would not let me bring it back full so when i returned the car it was still nearly full.Because of the deisel taxes and 30 euor for returning it to a different place it went from 80 to 180

So beware

Sandiemac

Like 0      
26 Jun 2010 2:06 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

Read the small print.

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
26 Jun 2010 5:06 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Sandimac

I don't understand why, when you posted on Solmar Car Hire Charges thread 16 Feb 2009 5:15 PM that you felt Goldcar had ripped you off then, that you used them again!

Yes, we all think charging for fuel you can't possibly use plus being charged a very hefty sum for the fuel anyway is wrong but why didn't you use another company AND check T & C's as you should?

Your post in the Solmar Car Hire Charges thread says .....

'We got car for a week with goldcar,booked on the internet befor we went and was quoted 78euro.When we handed in credit card we were chaeged 140. The car was a yarisa nd i dont think it takes 70 euro to fill one.I think it is a money racket for the companies to get as much cash in while the business is quiet.A lot wont give you full full on more than 3/4 days.That way when you bring back the car nearly full it will only cost them 10.00 euro or so to fill it again but they will charge the next person hiring 70 euro again.Its a  Rip off   !!!!!!!! '    

This message was last edited by morerosado on 26/06/2010.

Like 0      
26 Jun 2010 5:24 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

I agree that charging you for a full tank at above pump prices is unfair, but the T & C's of some Car Hire Companies state that it's not just the cost of the fuel....

... but also the charge for refuelling!

Having said that, I got stung for the same thing via Europcar when we hired a car in the UK last April.

So, when I took it back... it was on fumes!!!!

In fact I really did wonder if we were going to make it to the Airport and it did 'cough' as I parked it up!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
30 Jun 2010 10:32 PM by Grover Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

I didn't realise that Goldcar had started charging a supplement for dropping the car off at a different location.  They also now charge for the first extra driver which used to be free.  It is getting so very expensive to hire a car in Spain now.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

pollyanna - 0 posts
Limescale Problems - 9 posts
Area Information Reqired - 4 posts
Administrators in the Costa Blanca & Costa Calida - 0 posts
econorent - 7 posts
Which car hire is best? - 8 posts
information please - 0 posts
JOB FOR HOUSE IN SPAIN THIS SUMMER - 0 posts
Changes to terms and conditions of mortgage - 5 posts
christmas flights from glasgow - 0 posts
christmas flights from glasgow - 1 posts
Rental Contract in Spanish (1 week stay) - 5 posts
Voting at AGM - 1 posts
WHAT HAPPENED TO A THREAD? - 1 posts
sale contract - 7 posts
Light fixtures in Quesada - 7 posts
Watch UK tv on your laptop!! - 14 posts
Has work stopped on your development...Are you trying to recover your deposit? - 9 posts
y Boletín de Instalación de Agua - 1 posts
Plumber > y Boletín de Instalación de Agua costs 700 € ??? - 2 posts
drive to spain - 1 posts
Who's going to win the World Cup - 47 posts
Agents Required - 0 posts
Friend or foe - 5 posts
Denuncia fine for no insurance - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x