Something a little diffrent!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

Galaxy Evolution

Galaxies emit light at all wavelengths from X rays to radio. The dominant energy sources are stars. Starlight is emitted at ultraviolet, optical and near-infrared wavelengths, but may be absorbed by dust (stellar ash) mixed in the gas in the disks of galaxies, and it is then re-emitted at longer wavelengths, at mid-infrared, far-infrared, or sub-mm wavelengths. One of the important discoveries of the past 20 years has been the recognition that approximately half the light emitted by stars comes out at these longer wavelengths. Black holes, especially very massive black holes in the nuclei of galaxies, are also an important source of energy, in the form of light emitted from the hot accretion disks surrounding the black holes, and mechanical energy input from jets. A full understanding of galaxies requires an explanation of how the structures we see today came about. The goal of observers is to compile a detailed description of galaxies at all wavelengths, and at different stages in cosmic history (by looking further away). Work in this area is concentrated on two aspects. First, using the Herschel telescope to study the reprocessed light re-emitted at far infrared wavelengths. Second studying the Universe at early times, when it was only a few % of its current age, by identifying quasars of very-high redshift.

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
26 Jun 2010 4:11 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

A little different!!!! lol

Actually, I am a budding astronomer myself, as when there is a full moon I can never sleep, so instead I stare gaze during these warm, barmy nights here on the Costa Del Sol.

Since I was a little boy, I have been fascinated by our Universe we live in, and how it was created, how the Galaxies, Stars, Solar systems and Planets came into existence. I still remember watching Carl Segan's Cosmos. Since then I have read much literature on the subject and am still fascinated to this very day!

I have a decent beginners Telescope, and after the usual 'train it and to moon and shout to everyone wow! come look at this' bit, I have started further research on my new hobby.

It is so peaceful at night here.

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 26/06/2010.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
26 Jun 2010 4:22 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

Not sure who is the dafftest here techNoApe, dumb for posting or dumber for responding!!.....could it be the heat??

Like 0      
26 Jun 2010 4:39 PM by peteha Star rating. 110 posts Send private message

Hi techno

Sounds like a good telescope.

Can you see Uranus.

Like 0      
26 Jun 2010 4:48 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Redsam,

If you had started this thread:

"And now for something completely different" then I would have twigged it was a gag!

But I honestly thought you were starting a thread where the likes of those who 'dis' Spain in there every post (not naming names... N and G - ahem!) would not be able to do so.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
26 Jun 2010 4:50 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Peteha,

Yes!

I can see Uranus.....

.... and boy! is it horrible!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
26 Jun 2010 4:56 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

Peteha lol

tec..If only it where that easy!!

Like 0      
26 Jun 2010 5:11 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Yeah!

I agree!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ryanair announce new Malaga routes - 0 posts
Rip Off - 4 posts
pollyanna - 0 posts
Limescale Problems - 9 posts
Area Information Reqired - 4 posts
Administrators in the Costa Blanca & Costa Calida - 0 posts
econorent - 7 posts
Which car hire is best? - 8 posts
information please - 0 posts
JOB FOR HOUSE IN SPAIN THIS SUMMER - 0 posts
Changes to terms and conditions of mortgage - 5 posts
christmas flights from glasgow - 0 posts
christmas flights from glasgow - 1 posts
Rental Contract in Spanish (1 week stay) - 5 posts
Voting at AGM - 1 posts
WHAT HAPPENED TO A THREAD? - 1 posts
sale contract - 7 posts
Light fixtures in Quesada - 7 posts
Watch UK tv on your laptop!! - 14 posts
Has work stopped on your development...Are you trying to recover your deposit? - 9 posts
y Boletín de Instalación de Agua - 1 posts
Plumber > y Boletín de Instalación de Agua costs 700 € ??? - 2 posts
drive to spain - 1 posts
Who's going to win the World Cup - 47 posts
Agents Required - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x