econorent

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by martin o Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

Hi

my Daughter had a car booked for next monday for one week  from econorent when she tried to print of the voucher it came up as cancelled phone calls revealed that they have shut down .

martin o

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 11:51 PM by harley Star rating in West Midlands/ Costa.... 67 posts Send private message

harley´s avatar

Martin O

I have been in contact with hirecarsinspain, and econorent are working as usual.

hcis bosses are in Spain and are now in receipt of the charges up to March 2011.

So we can all heave a sigh of relief.

Thank you econorent and hcis for your quick responce,  we would be lost without you.

Harley

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 1:24 AM by tonynault Star rating in Stockport & Cox!. 88 posts Send private message

tonynault´s avatar

I find this a bit strange! I have used Econorent many times over the last year or so and I have always received the voucher via e.mail as a pdf or word  file. So I am at a loss to understand when you say "when she tried to print the voucher it came up as cancelled" if your daughter has the voucher then it cannot "come up as cancelled" because she has the pdf file to print! I have a voucher for a week in Nov sent to me by Martin at hcis.

Tony.

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 10:02 AM by Mauritius123 Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

I think that has put my mind at rest as I too have a booking with them for  July and was getting worried.

Still not sure what 'hcis bosses are in Spain and are now in receipt of the charges up to March 2011' means?

Harley would you be able to clarify?

Basically I have 2 bokings both of which I can cancel with no charges - one with Carhire3000 and one through HCIS.  The HCIS is £220 for 8 days and Carhire3000 is £275.00 - same car and both full to full.

Am mindful of price but don't want it to go pear shaped!

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 10:35 AM by harley Star rating in West Midlands/ Costa.... 67 posts Send private message

harley´s avatar

Mauritius 123

One of Hire cars in Spain directors is in Spain at the moment,

And have secured car hire prices for July right through till

March 2011.

We always check at least 1 month before we fly just in case the hire

Price has dropped some time it does, we just re book and then cancel

The original booking.

Just to add hire cars are going strong along with econorent, don’t

Know what happened to martin o’s daughter but let’s hope it is now

Sorted out.

Harley

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 11:09 AM by robert1980 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi

Just spoken to Martin at Hire Cars in Spain and he confirmed there is no problem whatsoever and confirmed they have rates right the way through to next March. All my e-mails I get when booking on hirecarsinspain come through with no problems at all and Martin did say that their voucher can't come up with cancelled when trying to print. I have just come back from hiring with them and there was no problems as usual with collecting and returning the car so sounds like everything is fine.

Cheers Robert

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 3:42 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Econorent have shut down their operations at Murcia airport, moving all their cars to Alicante for the summer. As you haven't stated which airport your daughter is flying into, could this be the reason? It was brought up on this forum several months ago and has been referred to a few times since. HCis' website has been reporting the cars as unavailable at Murcia for a while now, maybe if you booked early enough they were still intending to operate from there?

I have just got a good price on a rental using lococar.com, so may be worth a look?

Mark

Like 0      
27 Jun 2010 11:04 AM by martin o Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

Hi

It is Alicante that they fly to the car was booked through Argos the paper work say Traffic econorent maybe they are a different company than econorent . Argos told her they had shut down and they re booked them with another company.

I have used econorent many times myself and found them very good except at easter they gave me a car that looked like someone had shooting practice at it and it was yellow which really showed up every dent but it drove ok and i will use them again if the price is right.

martin o

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Which car hire is best? - 8 posts
information please - 0 posts
JOB FOR HOUSE IN SPAIN THIS SUMMER - 0 posts
Changes to terms and conditions of mortgage - 5 posts
christmas flights from glasgow - 0 posts
christmas flights from glasgow - 1 posts
Rental Contract in Spanish (1 week stay) - 5 posts
Voting at AGM - 1 posts
WHAT HAPPENED TO A THREAD? - 1 posts
sale contract - 7 posts
Light fixtures in Quesada - 7 posts
Watch UK tv on your laptop!! - 14 posts
Has work stopped on your development...Are you trying to recover your deposit? - 9 posts
y Boletín de Instalación de Agua - 1 posts
Plumber > y Boletín de Instalación de Agua costs 700 € ??? - 2 posts
drive to spain - 1 posts
Who's going to win the World Cup - 47 posts
Agents Required - 0 posts
Friend or foe - 5 posts
Denuncia fine for no insurance - 3 posts
Chinese Bazaars (Prices?) - 5 posts
Transferring money to my Spanish bank - 6 posts
Endesa Web Site in English - 3 posts
can anyone recommend a good garage for servicing vehicle around Estepona - 3 posts
Simulsat TV - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x