Has work stopped on your development...Are you trying to recover your deposit?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by shepcote1 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi

Having paid a deposit on a property in Spain (off-plan), I am now in the middle of a legal battle to recover my deposit as a result of the builder stopping work on the development, and subsequently going into administration.

I am looking to hear from people in a similar situation - I feel there are lots of you out there and if we get together, maybe we can get some action and support from  - well I am going to try my local MP and the national press.

Basically I think it is scandalous that we have guarantees that our money is safe, but when we try to get it back it is a big legal issue, costing money, time and probably heartache for many.  I am hoping the power of many voices will help us get heard.

Thanks

Like 0      
23 Jun 2010 1:49 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

shepcote21 you need to take time to look through the numerous posts on EOS about property scandals etc etc. There are groups on here you can get together with, there are has been alot of legal action, alot of talk with MP's and the press etc etc. There are so many posts on this subject it's hard to believe you have not noticed them already.

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
23 Jun 2010 2:37 PM by shepcote1 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

thanks redsam79

I have looked, but couldn't find anything apart from one thread....I will look again

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 8:02 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Shepcote:

So... do you have a BankGuarantee or Insurance policy for the refund of your money? Have you tried to execute it?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 9:58 AM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Shepcote

Have a look through the 'my Community Forums' - Almanzora and tabernas Oasis

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 1:41 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Shepcote,

Check out the "rough justice yet again" thread.

Have you joined the Spanish property scandal petition?

This message was last edited by ads on 25/06/2010.

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 2:24 PM by shepcote1 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thanks for your replies.

I do have a guarantee for the initial deposit, however they did not supply one for the stage payments...even though we chased many times.

Our legal claim is currently lodged with the court in Madrid, and we hope to attend a creditors meeting soon to see what is happening...

It would be especially nice to hear from other Tasa buyers

Like 0      
05 Apr 2011 2:49 PM by MTH Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

Tabernas Update.

Another walk on the wild side yesterday revealed  work definitely going on.

It seemed as if the interiors of the front row were being worked on and also the upper part of the buildings.

There were at the time six vehicles parked...

Sales Office was vacant..but sadly looked as if some one had broken into it!

So maybe good news for you all at least there is movement!

Kind Regards.

Like 0      
06 Apr 2011 7:50 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Shepcote:

My advise is for not placing too much expectations on the creditors meeting procedure as these credits are very poorly classified.

I would advise you to use the Guarantee for the recovery of all the amounts you paid. You just need to prove that you made all payments to same account ( the one whose in relation the Guarantee was issued).

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
06 Apr 2011 11:05 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

Shepcote

If your stage payments were paid to the same developers bank account as the original deposit (for which you did get a Bank Guarantee) then you should take legal action against the Bank who issued the Bank Guarantee according to LEY 57/68 Article 1.2

According to Case Law the developers Bank who issued the Bank Guarantee are responsible for the total amount of your deposit/stage payments that they accepted and not just the amount they chose to issue a Bank Guarantee for.

Kind regards

Keith

LEY 57/1968
CLICK HERE FOR THE BANK GUARANTEES IN SPAIN WEBSITE

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

y Boletín de Instalación de Agua - 1 posts
Plumber > y Boletín de Instalación de Agua costs 700 € ??? - 2 posts
drive to spain - 1 posts
Who's going to win the World Cup - 47 posts
Agents Required - 0 posts
Friend or foe - 5 posts
Denuncia fine for no insurance - 3 posts
Chinese Bazaars (Prices?) - 5 posts
Transferring money to my Spanish bank - 6 posts
Endesa Web Site in English - 3 posts
can anyone recommend a good garage for servicing vehicle around Estepona - 3 posts
Simulsat TV - 9 posts
help wanted - 1 posts
Information, please? - 2 posts
Why do we get so many new members wanting to move to Spain? - 29 posts
Playing around! - 0 posts
Calahonda International School - 2 posts
Spanish postal service reliability - 2 posts
New on here and need some good advice... - 15 posts
Jale bankruptcy - 0 posts
HP Laptop For Sale - 2 posts
Horse riding stuff for sale - 0 posts
advice needed please - 1 posts
Speeding Fine UK Registered Car - Advice Needed - 12 posts
England Match - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x