Error on Ryanair booking

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 May 2010 12:00 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

I've just noticed an error on a Ryanair booking. Our surname ends in LL. Mine is correct but I put a single L for my wife. Should I change it, leave it or book another ticket. It is cheaper to book her a new ticket than change the name. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Kevin

Like 0      
13 May 2010 9:44 AM by yeomans Star rating in We live in Leicester.... 152 posts Send private message

I booked a flight with Ryanair and put one friend's name down using the name she is known by but forgetting that was her middle name not the name as written on her passport.  I pondered about what to do but phoned Ryanair and they actually changed the booking free of charge which was a great surprise, but it was only the day after I had made the booking. 

Like 0      
13 May 2010 9:49 AM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

I would imagine the official rule is that it needs changing, or another ticket booked...........but I know what I would do. I would turn up with passport and driving license and plead ignorance. I really can't believe they would turn someone away under these circumstances, if they even noticed. Let us know what you decide and what happens.

Dave

Like 0      
13 May 2010 9:58 AM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

Yoemans, we did a similar thing last year. My daughter's friend gave her surname as her stepfathers, when her passport had her real fathers surname. This was with Monarch, and they wanted to replace her ticket at the current market price, which had a difference of over £100 the cost of the original. They were adamant about this. But as her mother works in the holiday industry, and understood what could be done, she destryed all the officious jobsworths bulls**t about how it could be a different person, and managed to negotiate a £30 admin fee for a simple name change. In the end the result was sort of acceptable, but a lot of pain to get there.

Like 0      
13 May 2010 10:33 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

I've tried contacting Ryanair by phone. After 5 minutes the call cuts out! The call has cut out 3 times! Will try again tomorrow. If that fails I think we might just take the gamble at the airport. We don't travel until October. I've booked the flight from Alicante to London Gatwick and back to Alicante as we are going to drive out  in September and leave the car for 6 months in Spain! My  wife said she is happy to stay on until I get back 10 days later. Kevin

This message was last edited by kev2006n on 13/05/2010.

Like 0      
13 May 2010 10:49 AM by friendly Star rating in North Lanarkshire. 125 posts Send private message

Hi Kev

I booked a flight with ryanair for a friend and forgot to put his middle name on the booking.  Nothing was said to him at the airports. It was ok.  It is only a letter that you have missed out, I would'nt worry about it.

Like 0      
13 May 2010 12:25 PM by tony8297 Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

Kev

Last year I booked flights for mysefl and eight freinds to San Javier with Ryaniar.  Due to the large number of people I needed to confirm they could come initially I lost a cheap flight so on this occasion I rushed the booking so as not to lose out again.

In my rush one of my friends was entered as a Doctor and another as a Reverend, which are on a drop down menu on the booking page.

Neither had any problems even though their passports clearly state MR not DR or REV, I'm only glad no one needed any medical or spiritual help on the flight.

Don't worry about miss-spelling your name you'll be OK

Tony  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Carvajal Campaign - 0 posts
Zapatero Announces Cuts - 12 posts
Euro safe now - 12 posts
Imputed incomeand expenses for non-residents - 0 posts
Council Tax - 2 posts
Win 2 return flights with bmibaby - 3 posts
Advise please - 2 posts
Scenic Driving/Camping route from Manchester Via France to Pinoso Spain - 1 posts
boiler leak - 0 posts
Costs re: IHT and title transfer when spouse dies - 6 posts
leaking boiler - 0 posts
Favourite thing to eat since you moved to Spain? - 12 posts
Wanted - Long term rental in Cantoria - 4 posts
tax for none residents - 13 posts
Car Hire La Marina - 5 posts
Car Insurance renewals - 24 posts
Property sales on the increase in Spain - 13 posts
Supermarkets in Mazarron/Puerto de Mazarron - 2 posts
Garden Furniture - 5 posts
Spanish catholic query - re 'encapuchado de la Santa Cena' - 3 posts
CAR HIRE CHARGES.......yet again!! - 7 posts
9th of May. Europe Day. Costaluz offers a 1 year free service to entrepreneurs - 0 posts
what is the best web site advertising jobs in spain - 5 posts
Pleas join our efforts regarding proffessional liability of Banks regarding off-plan deposits - 1 posts
Any Guitar Players? - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x