Renewal of Certificate of Ocupacion?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Apr 2010 12:00 AM by meijoo Star rating in La Azohia, Cartagena.... 34 posts Send private message

In Valencia your certificate of ocupacion is valid for 5 years after which you have to apply for the Segunda Ocupacion. In Barcelona, it is renewable after 15 years. In Zaragoza the process alters slightly whereby 2 certificates of occupation are needed.  Many solicitors and architects are advertising to get these certificates or you at a price of anything between 75 to >150 euros.

I was trying to find the valid dates for the regions of Andalucia and Murcia without much success however, I have requested more information from the relevant council offices for clarity on the matter.  If anyone else has information regarding the Segunda Ocupacion I would like to hear from them. 

This has come as a surprise to me as I was under the impression that once you get the Certificate of Ocupacion it is for the duration of the build unless you change the use, add square meters or alter your build/property in any shape or form. 

Like 0      
04 Apr 2010 7:45 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Didn't know anything about this either. Will be watching this thread with interest.

Mark

Like 0      
05 Apr 2010 7:39 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Segunda ocupación license is required in those cases where the "use" ( residential, commercial,  tourism, education...) has changed or works have been carried out which have altered the configuration of the same or the intensity of such uses.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
05 Apr 2010 10:40 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Maria - if the initial Habitation Licence has been lost do you apply for a copy of this or do they issue a Segundan ocupacion licence?

Like 0      
05 Apr 2010 12:00 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Copy.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
05 Apr 2010 12:56 PM by Jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

Our president in our urbanisation has arranged to get copies through the adminestrators and the local town hall.

It is a licence of first ocupancy, I'm told by my solicitor, which is needed to arrange services, so unless you change the use, some properties, where I first looked only had holiday status, 11months of the year residency, so change of status would need a new request.

Again my lawyer, informed me some time ago this would need drawings etc, and would cost around 2500e

Like 0      
05 Apr 2010 12:56 PM by Jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

Our president in our urbanisation has arranged to get copies through the adminestrators and the local town hall.

It is a licence of first ocupancy, I'm told by my solicitor, which is needed to arrange services, so unless you change the use, some properties, where I first looked only had holiday status, 11months of the year residency, so change of status would need a new request.

Again my lawyer, informed me some time ago this would need drawings etc, and would cost around 2500e

Like 0      
06 Apr 2010 11:26 AM by meijoo Star rating in La Azohia, Cartagena.... 34 posts Send private message

Below is a confirmation that the cedula-habitabilidad is valid for 15 years for the Catalunya region only. I am hoping to get more information for the other regions.

RE: Renewal of Cedula de Habitabilidad 5 or 15 years‏
From: Cédula de Habitabilidad (informacion@cedula-habitabilidad.com.es)
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 10:01:28 AM
To: Meijoo

Good Morning,

The Cédula is valid for 15 years, in Cataluña.

Regards,

Garbiñe Muñoz Santos

Arquitecto Técnico

GMS Arquitectura | Cédulas de Habitabilidad

Rambla Catalunya, 60 Atico 2ª A

08007 - Barcelona

Tel. 93 304 34 40

informacion@cedula-habitabilidad.com.es
www.cedula-habitabilidad.com.es 

Like 0      
07 Apr 2010 11:12 AM by meijoo Star rating in La Azohia, Cartagena.... 34 posts Send private message

Apparantly, the law regarding the renewal of the LFO is determined at local and regional levels.  As far as I know Catalunya is 15 years, Valencia is 5 years, Andalucia has not (yet) stipulated. I have no information with regards to other regions.  

If you have more information please share it with us.  Your local planning office may have the information. 

The implication for not having a current  occupation (habitation) license (first or second) is the ability to legally live in or occupy your house. In view of the current climate of demolition of declared illegal houses here in spain, it is advisable to ensure that all paper work are up to date and in accordance with the current requirements of the law.  

We can only do our best to protect our interest and that of others. Kind regards. 

Like 0      
08 Apr 2010 11:02 PM by Jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

My lawyer just told me 10years Alicanti

Like 0      
09 Apr 2010 12:14 AM by jamesyvonne Star rating. 181 posts Send private message

does anyone know when Marbella is going to start handing the licences now the pgou is approved, or indeed will we ever see a form with a legal stamp on it

Like 0      
02 May 2010 3:23 PM by cazb Star rating. 47 posts Send private message

Hi

Does anyone know if the license has to be renewed every time there is a change of ownership ?

Thankyou

Like 0      
02 May 2010 6:54 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi jontymellor, I was told it was FIVE YEARS in Valencian community. I was following a discussion in the La Marina forum some time ago as our friends needed to get a new one in order to sell their over 5 yr old apartment in our area. Barclays in La Marina were posting info too.

Like 0      
02 May 2010 11:20 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Here the Habitation Cert lasts 5 years.

An owner sold her apartment recently ( apartments about 7 yrs old ) and she was told by her Lawyer she could not sell without a new cert. This cost her 450€.

We had never heard of this before and several owners have recently sold without having to have this cert.

We recently bought ( not an apartment ) and the property is 20 odd years old so the cert would have run out and no one mentioned having another one and the notary did not mention it.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
03 May 2010 2:19 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Here in Granada Province, at least in my little corner of it, the LFO is open ended subject to no change in form or use.

Mine was issued within four hours of producing an Architects Certicate of Completion of Obras.

No Town Hall fees were payable for the issue of the Licence.

Looks like Valencia is living up to its reputation again...450 bucks...you gotta be joking

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
03 May 2010 8:30 AM by LEEANNE Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Sounds more like the solicitor made a 'few' extra euros for his services in obtaining the habitation renewel. I used to live & work in Alicante region  (estate agents - also offering this service for only 50 euros - the fee to any town hall should be minimal). 

There used to be people offering services for changing cars to Spanish reg etc for 800€ - it should only cost about 100€!

I have also been quoted about 400 euros myself  by a private company for land registry titling of property which the notary / myself etc would both do for 0!

Be careful. Be vigilant, & always get another quote!

Like 0      
03 May 2010 9:36 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

We recently obtained a Second certificate of habitation for a client - it cost us nothing to get (just a trip to the town hall and a bit of a queue) and we charged nothing for getting it. 

The property was 5 years old and the certificate should last 10 years in Torrevieja but, as the first one was lost, they gave us a second one, rather than a copy of the first.  Confused - I am!!  The seller's lawyer offered to get it but said it would take a month and the client wanted to complete quickly, so the town hall issued a receipt for the application and the Notary accepted this on the day.

As for older buildings, I was told that the scheme only came in about 10 years ago so anything older than that will not have a certificate - or need one.  However, I am learning fast that rules change depending on who you are talking to so there is never a definative answer to anything! 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

My Place in the Sun, but which part of Alicante do I choose? - 25 posts
Process of building a property in Spain: Rustic land (rural land) - 1 posts
New Furniture Package for Sale in Almeria region - 1 posts
Your thoughts, advice and recommendations - 7 posts
I'm off to Spain now! - 6 posts
Legal Advice Please. - 11 posts
Importing a German car to Spain. - 10 posts
leaving spain/van space available to share - 0 posts
Re-negotiate your mortgage rate - 3 posts
wanted long term in ARENAL DUQUESA - 1 posts
New A7 Road Is It Open Or Does It end At Alcoy? - 0 posts
registering children - familia numerosa? - 3 posts
Medina Golf - has anybody successfully claimed on the Bank Guarantee? - 0 posts
Steam Cleaner CBN - 0 posts
I want to buy a "Hot Tub", any suggestions please? - 15 posts
help with proxies - 2 posts
FACUA Spanish consumer organisation - 0 posts
long term rentals - 4 posts
MOT - 0 posts
ITV HD launches full HD channel on SKy and Freesat - 7 posts
So clever! - 9 posts
HIKE IN THE CREVILLENTE MOUNTAINS - 0 posts
Opening a Spanish Bank account in the Los Montesinos/Torreviaja area - any good advice? - 10 posts
La Mairena to La Cala - 4 posts
Legal Informtion - 17 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 17

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x