Alicante airport to San Javier

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by elganmas Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi there,

I'm off to San Javier for a wedding in just over a month. My partner booked flights to Alicante without really checking what we should do first, and now i'm have trouble finding a cheap way of getting to San Javier. I have checked Resorthoppa . com, and can find a taxi. These are costing more than the flights though. Car hire is not an option.

If anyone could suggest a bus route(I can't find any info online), or cheaper taxi options, I would be very happy!!

Thanks.

Like 0      
21 Mar 2010 8:44 PM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar

Search on Google- transport  from Alicante airport  and you will find info. I don't know but would imagine that you will have to take a taxi into Alicante and then a bus from there.

Best wishes

Daveil

Like 0      
21 Mar 2010 8:57 PM by martrmain Star rating in Nairn, scotland, SC .... 4 posts Send private message

It might be possible to get a train. Basilicas is not that far from where you want  to go presuming there is a station in Alicante.

Might be worth a try anyway, good luck

Martin

Like 0      
21 Mar 2010 11:15 PM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

2 Options

Train Alicante-Murcia-Balsicas/Taxi-Bus San Javier.

Bus Alicante-San Javier

Your choice though depends on your arrival time into Alicante.

Like 0      
22 Mar 2010 1:17 AM by h&d Star rating in San Cayetano. 33 posts Send private message

There is a bus service from the airport into the centre of Alicante - just around the corner from the main bus station itself.  From there you can get the normal service bus that goes to Cartagena - which stops all around the Mar Menor and in San Javier itself. Cost is very cheap.  Around 1.20eurs into Alicante, then about 8 euros from Alicante to San Javier.  The downside is it will take you about 3 hours!!

Really wil depend on your flight arrival time into Alicante as mentioned earlier.

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 12:01 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Just a suggestion

have you checked to see if it will be cheaper to cancel the flights to Alicante and rebook to San Javier

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 12:57 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

The bus from Alicante going south. Could someone post the link to see times and possible stops. Thanks. Kevin

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 3:52 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi Kevin if you go on to yhe costa azul website you will find all the schedule times and stops from Alicante to Cartagena, Regards Pat.

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 4:30 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

here is the link for the Costa Azul bus

http://www.costazul.net/costaingles.htm

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 4:37 PM by auntielinda Star rating in San Miguel de Salina.... 646 posts Send private message

www.costazul.net is the liknk you want as said before you catch the C6 from the Airport into Alicante it takes 30 mins then into the bus station opposite for the bus to Cartagena these go every hour on the hour and it takes 2hrs10mins to San Javier

I would check that you cant change the flights it may be your cheapest option in the long run I have sent you a pm

Great Auntie Linda

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 5:13 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Thanks for the link.  Does anyone know if the bus from Alicante to Cartagena can stop at Playa Flamenca? Its not shown but is passing by. Sorry if I'm being a bit thick about this. Just trying to work out if I could get from the Airport to Playa Flamenca without hiring a car. Kevin

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 6:13 PM by Laird Dave of Lochaber Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 180 posts Send private message

It stops outside the Ayuntamiento you should add on 15 mins from Torreveija

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 11:05 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Thanks Laird Dave, Might give it a go next time we go.

Like 0      
30 Mar 2010 4:37 PM by Lincath Star rating in Irby, Wirral and Alt.... 20 posts Send private message

Hi

I know flamenca cars will collect from Alicante flamencarentacar@hotmail.com might be worth a quote, they have a 9 seater also.

Hope this helps.

This message was last edited by Lincath on 30/03/2010.

Like 0      
30 Mar 2010 6:06 PM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

Hi Elganmas

Just looked at the railway website 1hr 15 mins Alicante- Murcia

Murcia - Balsicas 30 mins.

Still though all depends on connections of flight times etc.

Try this www.renfe.es

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hurry Up - 41 posts
for sale united golf resort la tercia (murcia) - 0 posts
Curtains/Blinds - 4 posts
Thirsty transit van/ Spain - 0 posts
VW POLO WANTED - 0 posts
Endesa Electric Bill - 14 posts
Aureus development - 2 posts
Second Hand Furniture Needed - Orihuela Costa! - 0 posts
Second Hand Furniture Needed - Orihuela Costa! - 0 posts
Night driver - 0 posts
Worldwide weekend of free WiFi with Skype Access - 0 posts
golf holiday - 0 posts
Urgent help required re-Spanish rental law - 5 posts
light garnden work or oddjobs or need a driver - 0 posts
Great News - 56 posts
Various items for sale - 0 posts
Telephone NOT Disconected - 2 posts
Terminal 2 & 3 Malaga Airport - 0 posts
Small Spanish car wanted... - 0 posts
L.I.V.E - Spain Charity supporting Malaga Orphanage needs items - 9 posts
Terra Sana in Fuengirola - 0 posts
Patio doors - replace / repair - 1 posts
Van coming to Spain - 2 posts
Jumilla/Pinoso area - just had villa built - 1 posts
Market Friday April 2 - Hipodromo, Mijas Costa in aid of CUDECA - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x