MORE ARRESTS IN MARBELLA

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
This morning 19 lawyers and Notaries (dont know the split) were arrested in Marbella in connection with a money laundering scam. As yet there are no details as to whether it was property related although there is every chance it was. Nobody seems to have specifics yet as to the Notaries or specific lawyers involved. It has been announced that it was nothing to do with Malaya or White Whale but guess watch this space.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
17 Apr 2007 6:13 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

My lawyers gave me the news this afternoon. He was saying that the swoop included 3 Notaries and that it relates to Dodgy money transfers over a long period. But he was also saying how difficult it is for lawyers .to check out the status of every client has they often they come up lily white(Not Whale) through standard checks? You almost have to be a forensic banker to catch out some these crooks?

By the way Pat Veronika is coming over late Wed pm and we fly back Sunday. Let me know if and when you would like to meet up. Then I´ll call you!...........

Mike T

Like 0      
17 Apr 2007 7:38 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Now I know why you wanted a night out Monday or Tuesday but you were obviously laying bait for members of the fairer sex????

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
17 Apr 2007 8:16 PM by Juan Pánzon Star rating in Marbella. 156 posts Send private message

Juan Pánzon´s avatar

For what I´ve heard on the radio and TV, the Lawyer´s firm raided was Cruz Conde..... it seems they have arrested 19 people including 3 ( three) Notaries, lawyers, etc..... two of them spent some time also inside with the "white whale" affaire.--

Now, Sur says now that the operation was "named" "Hidalgo" and it was on the go for at least two years...... aparently it recalled the atention of the investigation the fact that there were more than 800 companies without activity registered by the same law office most of them with the same address, and with some employees showing as "directors"... and apparently, once again according to "SUR" were involved in some sort of "financial engineering" apparently tending to bleach things coming from other places....

They have "intervenido" properties, cars, bank accounts and so, so, so.....

They have used more than 150 personel to make the de detentions and the operative in itself and apparently the "downtown" Marbella was plenty of cops....

This was Juan Pánzon, reporting from Bagdahd.... let us see what will stand standing after all this.......

Like 0      
17 Apr 2007 11:18 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

If you can't catch something when youre out with an old Crock when can you Mon Amigo? and Yes you are right but I do love being out with V too.......................who wouldn't be?

Mike T

Like 0      
18 Apr 2007 12:43 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Yeah but when you're out with an old crock mate the most youre likely to catch is a cold. Can do a meet if you want before you return but needs to be liaised prior to - got a lot on at the moment

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Atlas international - 21 posts
help!! confused!! - 16 posts
any opinions on Formentera del Segura ? - 94 posts
Removals costs - 14 posts
Great Places to Walk Dogs - 2 posts
When will we have our garage? - 5 posts
Albondon - 7 posts
Albondon - 0 posts
Mosquito Eaters - 20 posts
Lake vinuela - 8 posts
telephone and boardband - 4 posts
Help with route/car - 17 posts
The Smiley & Rixxy (& friends) outlet, go for it .. in here guys. - 54 posts
Tell me the truth. - 5 posts
Urban Leonardo Da Vinci La Zenia Phase 2 - 0 posts
Air Conditioning - 0 posts
Antequera - 1 posts
Nature Caravaca de la Cruz - 0 posts
Mark Bond - 0 posts
NEED A NIGHT OUT SOOOON! - 48 posts
Koi in Spain - 20 posts
early repayment of mortgage - 16 posts
Self Cert Mortgages - 35 posts
Marbella Rugby Championship - proud mum posting! - 29 posts
anyone seen my kids? abducted and taken to porta banus - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x