problem with powder coated railings

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

i had powder coated railings fitted on my raised terrace last july, by paul of " the forge" near camposol urbanisation  they looked nice to begin with, a lovely satin smooth finish, but after september's heavy rain we noticed the surface in some areas on the top were rough, as if going to blister. now,after more heavy rain, some areas looked crazed and scratched and the surface is starting to come off. obviously, it will only get worse and become rusty.  removing the railings is not an option since they are heavily bolted in and it would cause more problems eg. cracking,  getting them out, and a lick of paint won't do the trick either. these  railings should look good for years, the finish is supposed to be durable and superior.i  really need paul to inspect them and decide what can be done.i did phone paul's wife twice when i first noticed it and she said she would let me know when they were coming to see them. since then- nothing. after the second time i texted, e-mailed, and texted someone who knew them, just to make sure they were still in business; again-nothing. i don't want to keep phoning etc., i shouldn't have to!  i am the client, and  have paid a large sum of money;all i am trying to do is get this rectified. paul has done other work for us and it has been very good, so i am sure he would not like any of his clients to be disappointed, and also, his reputation is at stake. has anyone else had a problem with powder coated railings-if so what did you do? has anyone had a problem contacting paul or getting problems rectified? all i want is to get this put right with NO hassle!

Like 0      
07 Mar 2010 8:10 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

Whilst I can't help you with locating this chap or give advice on how to resolve the issue at hand, I visited a business not far from Torrevieja abd looked at having the same fitted to our villa.  We didn't purchase anything on the basis that the company could not guarantee that the coating would last for a good few years. So the donkey work unfortunately has had to be done with the paint/paintbrush.  At least we'll have no one else to blame if the rust returns or the paint flakes off.

This message was last edited by Jimbofinn on 07/03/2010.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Media Markt VAT free day - 8th March 2010 - 3 posts
damage from above - 0 posts
semana santa - 1 posts
Empty Van Returning to UK 26th March - 0 posts
Residency: Pros and cons? - 10 posts
market stall - 7 posts
SKY+ BOX WITH FREEVIEW CARD - 8 posts
Spanish Language Immersion Courses - 3 posts
what is a ferreterias??? - 7 posts
Ryanair Flights to Granada Airport - 1 posts
moving to majorca the end ov April - 0 posts
Moving to Majorca in april ( santa ponsa) - 3 posts
Blogger.com blogs are being redirected to de-player.com - 6 posts
Marbella to England - 0 posts
property to rent - 0 posts
Fees payable to Administrator - 4 posts
Parking Ticket - 1 posts
Costs seem very high to change mortgage to interest only for two years - 2 posts
Car Hire costs in Summer - 9 posts
Message for Justin, your Holiday rental listing - 2 posts
Internet Security - 17 posts
Above Ground Pools - 6 posts
Please please help me. - 7 posts
DE COTTA MCKENNA AND SANTAFE LAWYERS V POLARIS WORLD - 3 posts
Lawyer in la Zenia (Orihuela Costa) - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x