Fees payable to Administrator

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

I'm looking for information on the level of fees communities are paying to administrators. I'm not looking for details of your individual quota etc. Have a look at your annual accounts/budget - it should be detailed as Administracion.

I have noticed that on some developer controlled developments whereby the administrator has a close relation with the developer the administration fee and all other costs/contracts are astronomical. Usually there is a family relationship!!

I am not looking for anyone to identify their complex etc just general details.

For example

House on a development of 56 houses with communal pool/garden and community pay Administrataion fees of EUR3,500 per annum.

Apartment on development of 60 units with pools, suana, gym, putting green pays EUR6,500 per annum

Apartment on development of 110 units pays EUR20,000 per annum.

The last one is where the developer is the President and the Administrator is tied in with him.

I have also observed where the development is mostly Spanish then costs are reasonable but where the majority are non resident and foreign then the costs are shocking to say the least.

I encourage all to take time to review your budgets and accounts and compare to other similar developments to see if you are being taken for a ride!!

Also attend your AGM or use your proxy wisely!

Thanking you all for your help.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2010 2:46 PM by Reliant Robin Star rating in Alhaurin Golf, CDS. 19 posts Send private message

Hi Faro

Our develoment of 30 apartments, gardens, pool and underground parking.  Administrator appointed by developer €6,000 per year (only for one) plus expenses.  New Adminstrator appointed by the Community €2,000 per year plus expenses.  The new Administrator provides a better service despite the low fee and has saved us a large amount of money over the last twelve months.  Hope this helps. 

Like 0      
04 Mar 2010 2:59 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Thanks

EUR2,000 per annum is definitely fairly low.

Usually you can shave 1/3 off maintenance contracts without any problem. It's just a matter of getting alternative quotes and then the incumbent will match rather than lose the contract.

In these harsh times every line of expenditure needs to be challenged.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2010 9:05 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I can't quote with any certainty, but I believe that the Colegio or Instituto or whatever of Adminstradores issues guidelines, and they are based on the number of properties making up the community, rather than the type of facilities etc. I did obtain some quotes a while ago when I was Presidente, to check that we're not getting fleeced, and off the top of my head I seem to remember figures of around €5 - €10 per property, per month. Reliant Robin's €2,000pa / 30 apartments obviously falls into the lower of these two figures. The €20,000 / 110 properties is obviously a rip off!

Again, off the top of my head, we currently pay around €120 per month for 12 apartments and one locale; the building around the corner has 21 apartments, and pay €200 per month - proportionally similar therefore.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
05 Mar 2010 9:17 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

The appropriate body in Malaga is the Ilustre Colegio Territorial de Fincas de Málaga www.cafmalaga.com.

But as with all guidelines you still find quite a variation and I am getting results of between EUR3 to EUR15 per property per month.

There does seem to be some very good Administrators who look more at the development and the work involved as a method of charging rather than the number of units.

If the Administrtator on the development where I own a property was to propose EUR10 per month per property I think I could rely on my Spanish neighbours to run him off site because that would double his fee! Quid pro quo he refuses to communicate in English and the meetings are conducted in a very Spanish way but it keeps costs under control.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Parking Ticket - 1 posts
Costs seem very high to change mortgage to interest only for two years - 2 posts
Car Hire costs in Summer - 9 posts
Message for Justin, your Holiday rental listing - 2 posts
Internet Security - 17 posts
Above Ground Pools - 6 posts
Please please help me. - 7 posts
DE COTTA MCKENNA AND SANTAFE LAWYERS V POLARIS WORLD - 3 posts
Lawyer in la Zenia (Orihuela Costa) - 2 posts
Urbaser (Water Fault) - 4 posts
Guadelest restaurant - 3 posts
Posts - 0 posts
Malaga Terminal 3 Opens March 16th...but... - 2 posts
LATEST ON ZODIAC VILLA NIGHTMARES - 1 posts
im looking for a job in alicante - 0 posts
More items for sale - 6 posts
Tips on selling property - 5 posts
Richard_Quest@rocketmail.com - 6 posts
Air conditioning - 9 posts
Hi does anyone live in the costa de le luz - 2 posts
chasing rental enquiries - 4 posts
Resident or fiscal resident? - 6 posts
Working in spain for a while need Broadband? - 19 posts
My hobby - 3 posts
Cheapest beer in Spain? - 27 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x