Developers Gurantee

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Feb 2010 00:00 by Surveyor Star rating in Estepona, Costa del .... 32 posts Send private message

Surveyor´s avatar

From JennieSZ

"In regards to the compulsory guarantee from the developers, would anybody know who is responsible for holding this? We look after houses on a few developments that are all suffering the same damp problem (caused by building defects), owners are asking us to help, but if developers have 'dissapeared' where could we get hold of this guarantee?

They have insurance policies, details of which should have been passed to the original buyer of the property. It should be attached to your escritura/title deed, so check with whoever holds that. Howeveer, most policies are just for structural failure and that is only the concrete foundations, pillars and floors. The walls can fall out and they are not covered as they are not structural. Check with the Community insurance policy. Also try chasing the architect as they have liability for at least 10 years too. The Architecto Técnico was also responsible for supervising the construction on behalf of the developer ir he was not also the building contractor. So you have the promotor, the building contactor, the architect, the architecto técnico, the community insurance company and your own insurance company.

However, sometimes its cheaper in the long run just to pay for the defects repair yourself. Life is short and do you need to spend all your time hassling. may be difficult to swallow, but it lets you get on. Make sure that you have a professional look at the problem so that there is a formal report. 

All Property Matters

Like 0      
25 Feb 2010 07:09 by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9302 posts Send private message

Legal Questions? Speak to Maria Direct

 Developers are the holders and the registration of the " deed of end of work" in the Land Registry is not made till this Insurance is hired and fully paid.

You can consult on who holds the Insurance in the Land Registry.


Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA



El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Parking in Benidorm. - 3 posts
Message for Alex03 - 0 posts
Legal rights of a tenant in Spain - 7 posts
Sky Tv - 4 posts
Checking for car fines - 0 posts
Buganvillas Sol Developer refuses to refund deposit - La Marina - 0 posts
what is position on tax when you sell - 8 posts
tax re diff between what was paid and his valuation - 3 posts
Iberdrola electricity tariffs - 7 posts
Estate Agents and Developers Reviews - 2 posts
Proceeds from House Sale - 10 posts
Somport tunnel - 4 posts
strictly come dancing in the costa del sol - 0 posts
Help/work/driving offered in exchange for accomodation - 3 posts
White goods for sale??? - 1 posts
We Are Going Back the 18th And Coming Back the 24th - 2 posts
Cancellation due to fall of the interest of the contract - 0 posts
Best Fish and Chips - 1 posts
A subversie meeting to change president and/or administrator - 0 posts
Record Go Car Hire - 2 posts
Damask or Heavy Cotton throws - 3 posts
Tumble Drier needed. Catral area - 2 posts
Damp Problem; Advice needed...quickly! - 32 posts
Community problems - 38 posts
Property to rent required - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x