good restaurants in Villamartin, Orihuella, San Miguel..?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by lomasgirl Star rating in I'm in Belgium and L.... 24 posts Send private message

We come to Villamartin and are looking for good restaurants (also chinees) in this area?

Like 0      
17 Apr 2009 4:50 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi lomasgirl

Lots in San Miguel that I know of. Prado's, Market Street, Dona Isabel's to name three.

Check out San Miguel community website http://www.san-miguel-de-salinas.com/ SO MUCH on it including restaurants with reviews & where they are on a street plan.

http://www.san-miguel-de-salinas.com/uk/gastronomy.asp

Restaurants | Reviews

This message was last edited by morerosado on 4/17/2009.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2009 7:46 PM by duggy Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Try the Bhudda Tandoori, Via Park 2 Playa Flamenca.  Best curries in region

Like 0      
17 Apr 2009 7:59 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi - I've already raved about my favourite restaurant Asia Chic on the Cabo Roig strip on the "Chinese" thread. 

I can also recommend: 

• Edwardo's at Lomas de Don Juan,
  • a really good Spanish restaurant called Don Marianos on the main road at Playa Golf,
  • the Persian restaurant Aladdin at La Ronda, again at Playa Golf. 
  • There is also El Portalon for a special meal - food is great but pricey although they do have a menu del dia - on the main road from Playa Golf to Campoamor Golf. 
  • Castillo de something or other  (we call it the sand castle) just outside San Miguel on the Rebate road - wonderful food and amazing location

As you can tell I like my food!  I'm sure there are lots more and half the fun is in finding out.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2009 10:16 PM by Brickie Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

San Miguel has some lovely restaurants but my favourites there are Restaurante Galante on the left hand side of the main street almost opposite the Guardia Civil Office. Also Pacos down a street on the right just about opposite the Restaurante Gaante.

Meal of the day in both these is excellent and it is best to book.

The Galante has only one sitting.

egards

Like 0      
17 Apr 2009 10:48 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

We've had two meals at Paco's. One lunchtime MDD we went with another couple & that was pretty awful but, after chatting with many who go regularly, we went again, this time in the evening with different friends. Wished we hadn't as it was worse than before. (We're happy with most food, we're pretty easy going apart from I'm not keen on fish) The San Miguel forum crowd often have a night out there & love it but we've never felt the urge to return.

Galant's just open evenings I believe, isn't it, Brickie ? I'd heard it was excellent.

Have you tried Denicos ? We had planned to try it one lunchtime MDD but were with newish friends & when they saw the menu board outside said they wouldn't eat anything on it so we went to nearby Dona Isabel's & they still were picky. Dona Isabel's is so beautiful inside & who would think a gem like that would be tucked away down that road ?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Rudina web site - 3 posts
Jake Van Kralingen - 1 posts
Tony Gatehouse - 2 posts
our sky box - 8 posts
Accommodation and Conference Facilities - Costa Brava - 0 posts
Vulnerable Adults Charities - Are there any in Spain? - 2 posts
Looking to buy a scooter - 0 posts
Apartment long term rental advice please! - 2 posts
Where are my messeges going???? - 5 posts
Don Juan III - 9 posts
Barcelona Chelsea 28th April - 3 posts
Freesat if old Sky box is playing up? - 28 posts
Does anybody have the direct access number to telefonicas voicemail system? - 2 posts
Party Caterers - 1 posts
How to Hide Caller ID ?? - 3 posts
Changing building insurance - 4 posts
English MOT and English road tax - 61 posts
Globespan No Scottish Winter flights to Alicante - 3 posts
Confused with flight prices... - 6 posts
Tenants belongings - 2 posts
Hello!! Any advice appreciated.... - 6 posts
bad tenants! - 15 posts
Question re contract - 3 posts
returning from south of spain to england with a dog - 1 posts
Hotter in UK than Spain! - 78 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x