Hotter in UK than Spain!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

.............well today anyway, according to this mornings news. House sales up 4% also last month, so things looking up a bit here. Lets hope it spreads across EU?

Like 0      
15 Apr 2009 9:31 AM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

I suppose it depends where you are. At the moment, here in Terreros, we have 17c in the shade but in the sun it's 25c and rising.

Another positive is that the £ : € rate seems to be creeping a little better. I have a rate indicator on my desktop and noticed it's at the highest since well before Christmas. Every increase helps pay the bills.1 : 1 has been tough.

This message was last edited by J&N on 4/15/2009.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
15 Apr 2009 9:42 AM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar

No way hotter in Scotland! Temp. here between 6 deg. cent. and 11!

Can't wait to make our permanent move to Murcia this Summer. 

Good to see you on again J&N. The lovely picture of your dogs and your blog take me down memory lane. Sadly we will have no K.Ch. this year as we lost both of them with bad heart problems after just 6 years.We have lots of lovely photos of them though.

Daveil

Like 0      
15 Apr 2009 7:15 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Wow!  Must be really bad in Spain, then.  Here in the midlands, blowy, cold winds and rain.  Definitely overcoat time this morning with surface water hiding the pot-holes on the way to work.  Did pick up a bit this afternoon with 12 deg C and, as I write, sun peeping through the clouds.  Whole Easter weekend was a total washout but the grandkids said it was lovely and sunny in S Wales.  Still, that's the diversity of UK, I suppose.  What would we find to talk about if we didn't have the weather?

Like 0      
15 Apr 2009 7:27 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Yeah, but you know what guys? We get a proper looooong hot summer, guaranteed! SO enjoy the ribbing, its been a bit cold yesterday and today, rain as well and we have the heating on.

Next couple of days sees our summer starting!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 12:53 PM by jedk Star rating in Mar Menor, Spain. 33 posts Send private message

Here in Murcia it has been average of 20 degrees, this week,  with blue skies and sunshine, so not sure where in Spain the weather is so bad that is is colder than England.  Next week it is forecast average 21 to 23 degrees.  My inlaws are returning to the UK in a few weeks and are dreading it.  Hopefully though the nice weather there will stay a bit longer so they don´t freeze

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 1:27 PM by firsteuro Star rating in Hondon de las Nieves. 58 posts Send private message

firsteuro´s avatar

No problem with the weather in the Hondon and Vinalopo Valley. Low 20's all week. Perfect blue skies in the morning and has clouded over a little in the afternoon.

It does feel as though it has been a long winter this year though. From November to present it has been hit and miss, mind you give it another month and there will be no complaints. Mind you I have not had to shovel snow or defrost windscreens like friends back in the UK.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 1:37 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

firsteuro

ok, ok, .......we all know the weather in the UK is hopeless. It's peeing down as I speak! . I  Just started the thread as a micky take at the BBC really . The rare warm day we get in April, and they start spouting about it being warmer than Tenerife and the Costa Brava........for 1 day, big deal!

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 2:28 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Phew! Cant really get around to posting cos its tooooo hot!!!!!! 

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 2:51 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

.........SHUDUP YOU!

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 3:10 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Here in Manilva area it rained this morning, quite heavy too for a few mins.

So I thought I would check the weather forecast and see what is coming our way over the next few days...

Check out the 8 Day forecast for Marbella region.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 3:39 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

It's here in Somerset.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 3:39 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

As At 1636 local time Granada...

Portsmouth...13 C

York...12 C

Granada...12 C

Been like this for days too...Chilly winds, scattered showers, the sun braking through only occasionally

Roll on Summer...

fb 

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 3:54 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Thinking of putting the heating on!

Cold feet and having loads of tea to keep warm

There's no here in Surrey, I would rather be in

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 4:03 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

.........i will be in Spain from this Sunday eve, till Tuesday eve, so looks like I might see the sun for a couple of days?. Not much fun from the court room though!  Hopefully will celebrate afterwards?.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 4:17 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Cos Im tooooo 'ot to answer individually, Im summonng up the energy afetr getting off the sunbed for a long cool drink, to answer!

Techno - the weather forcasts are usually totally wrong. Can be raining in Matbella, a few km down the road blue sky and sunshine - ive driven through rain before and into brilliant sunshine after a few mins. It will be changeable for a week or so then we will be into our usual summer - we get April showers nearly every year.

More - thats great

FB - what IS a summer in UK?????

Fibby - gosh!

Goodstitch, the very best of luck to you, dont  let the b******s grind you down!!! If all goes well and you are up this end, give us a buzz to celebrate!!

Back to bed!!!!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 4:34 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Rixxy;

quote; FB - what IS a summer in UK????? unquote

Usually about one day sometime during May as I recall...

Fibby;

quote; Thinking of putting the heating on! unquote

Haven't been able to turn ours off yet and still using leccy blanket at night...

Only concession we have made so far is not to use the woodburner for the last couple of weeks but giving it serious re-consideration!

fb

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 4:38 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Rixxy

thanks for good luck wishes. We are in court  and a hotel in Malaga.  Nearly 7 years since our Spanish nightmare started, so really hoping for justice at last.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 4:41 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Foxbat quote:

Haven't been able to turn ours off yet and still using leccy blanket at night...

Crikey and you are in Spain?!

We were there (Costa Blanca) just a week ago and it was glorious, no heating or leccy blankey!

You must be up in them thar mountains...........!!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 4:48 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Fibby;

You got it right:

2000' up the side of a mountain in a tiny village; really must moan though because if the last two years are anything to go by in a month or so we will be seeing 40+C every day for weeks on end, village kids up til 2am and the bar doing a roaring trade 24/7!

fb

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bank Guarantee - 3 posts
Searching for....... - 2 posts
With Ref to ADH - 3 posts
POLARIS WORLD VICTIM SUPPORT - 2 posts
Tracing a lawyer - 1 posts
golf courses in and around murcia - 11 posts
moving to spain - 0 posts
insurance needed - 5 posts
SUNDAY DINNER IN OR AROUND MANILVA - 1 posts
Visa electron - 9 posts
Forum signatures need sorting - Your input please - 48 posts
Any recommend a good chiropractor between Gibraltar and Marbella? - 7 posts
Looking for Paul Tobias - 1 posts
how bad is the market? - 9 posts
West Highland White Terrier Puppy wanted - 1 posts
Wireless Internet - 10 posts
Passport validity - 8 posts
How to access the online form for Resident Income Tax 2008 - 9 posts
Vandalism! - 4 posts
Can I delay my completion based on a lack of insurance underwriting of my rental scheme? - 1 posts
Spanish 'Highway Code' - 1 posts
Is there a time limit to issue the LFO and is a back-dated LFO legal? - 5 posts
Chinese - 15 posts
Size of Pump - 2 posts
Chanel+, do not adjust your set - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 79

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x