Don Juan III

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by ciaron Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Does anyone know anybody who can repair a fridge.It still works but i think it needs a service as it is not cold enough.I am in Torrevieja.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 5:57 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Ciaron

We've used Stewart of Domestic Appliance Repairs (La Siesta, Torrevieja) on either 966 785 451 or 654 939 202. He has sorted our washing machine out. He was really good to us, maybe if he can't help, he can say who can. He doesn't charge a call out fee either.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2009 9:25 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

How old is the fridge, as if the refrigerant gas has started breaking down then you don't want to refill it, just buy a new one as it will be cheaper.

If it's fairly recent, and it has an Ice Box, then when was the last time you defrosted it? You don't want to defrost it too frequently, but once and awhile it should be done.

I'm not an engineer but I used to work for a local indepenent high street electrical retailer back in the UK, and  I learnt these tips from the engineers that we used.

Just worth checking before you call out an engineer.

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 4/17/2009.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
21 Apr 2009 1:16 PM by ciaron Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

The frige/freezer is 9 years old,but it is unplugged most of the time as we only use the apt in the summer.The freezer works perfect but the fridge itself could be colder.

Like 0      
23 Apr 2009 5:46 PM by the toffees Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

We had a similar problem last summer and ended up with the gas being replaced as the fridge/freezer was only 2 years old. 

The weirdest thing is that I was advised not to have it on the highest setting just because the fridge didn't seem cold. I now have it on the middle setting and that seems to work well, in fact some friends stayed at our place before us and turned it up high and we didn't think the fridge was very cold when we arrived, so turned it to a middle setting and it worked better.  I was told it is because it has to work overtime if on high !!

Ours is also switched off when we are not there.

Like 0      
23 Apr 2009 8:53 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Now don't laugh but I'm sure someone asked about this before many moons ago & an engineer said to invert the fridge or maybe it was a freezer, can't recall. After so long turn it right way up. It's not April 1st, can anyone else remember thread ?

Like 0      
24 Apr 2009 7:40 PM by growler Star rating in Birmingham & Benejúz.... 164 posts Send private message

Sounds as simple as adjusting the thermostat to me. Most will be in the range of something like 2 - 8 degrees so set it as low as possible to start with. If it's old enough to have the markings worn off turn the dial fully anti-clockwise or else if it's a slider instead of a knob, slide it fully to left extreme.

Like 0      
25 Apr 2009 5:07 PM by ciaron Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

How much will it cost to refill the fridge with gas?

Like 0      
25 Apr 2009 5:11 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Ciaron

If the fridge-freezer is 9 yrs old I suggest you consider a new one, likely loads cheaper than paying call out fees to an engr plus regassing if that's an option anyway.

Like 0      
25 Apr 2009 10:49 PM by the toffees Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

Ours was under guarantee so don't know how much the replacement gas was sorry.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Barcelona Chelsea 28th April - 3 posts
Freesat if old Sky box is playing up? - 28 posts
Does anybody have the direct access number to telefonicas voicemail system? - 2 posts
Party Caterers - 1 posts
How to Hide Caller ID ?? - 3 posts
Changing building insurance - 4 posts
English MOT and English road tax - 61 posts
Globespan No Scottish Winter flights to Alicante - 3 posts
Confused with flight prices... - 6 posts
Tenants belongings - 2 posts
Hello!! Any advice appreciated.... - 6 posts
bad tenants! - 15 posts
Question re contract - 3 posts
returning from south of spain to england with a dog - 1 posts
Hotter in UK than Spain! - 78 posts
Bank Guarantee - 3 posts
Searching for....... - 2 posts
With Ref to ADH - 3 posts
POLARIS WORLD VICTIM SUPPORT - 2 posts
Tracing a lawyer - 1 posts
golf courses in and around murcia - 11 posts
moving to spain - 0 posts
insurance needed - 5 posts
SUNDAY DINNER IN OR AROUND MANILVA - 1 posts
Visa electron - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x