Confused with flight prices...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by sarah_lee001 Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

I live in Blackpool and looking to visit Duquesa for a few days either this year or next.........I obviously would like to fly from Blackpool to Gibralter but prices seem to be over £300! I have looked at flights from Liverpool and Manchester but flying to Gibralter seems extortionate! Where does everyone find these bargain flights as I cant find any - especially if you want to bring a change of clothes - £30 charge to check in a bag! Looked at flying to malaga but the cheapest flight is from Manchester with BMI baby.....anyone have a cunning plan?

Like 0      
15 Apr 2009 2:11 PM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

Fly to Gibraltar from Gatwick  by Easy Jet with only hand luggage.

We looked at flights  in September / OCt and we could get them from about £66 return .( and that was with 2 suitcases )    If you book early enough then the cost is very cheap.    My daughter who lives in Leeds found that flying from Gatwick is by far the cheapest option even with the train / coach fare .   Last year she flew to Malaga but that is such a hastle if you don't drive or don't need a car .  If you get the afternoon flight it is a bit more expensive .  If you can come back on a Monday it seems to be a very cheap day .

Easy Jet web site is easy to manage and they always give you the cheapest flight price during that particular month . In the past 18 months  ( since EJ has flown to Gib ) we have never  paid more than £100 per flight in fact considerably less and we have gone in March/ June/ August / October and December ( Xmas ) . The trick is to book as far in advance as possible. 

Good luck.  If you can make  the early flight I believe you can make the coach to Sebanillas . Not sure if you can with the afternnon one .

Like 0      
15 Apr 2009 3:22 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Why don't you fly into Malaga, it's only an hour from Duquesa via the Toll Motorway AP-7, which is about 10€ at the moment for both tolls you go through.

Or you could take the Coast Road, which is the A-7 and N-340 mixed together, and this add about 20 mins, on the proviso there isn't a hold up at San Pedro at the time you go through, in which case add at least another 30 mins onto the above.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
15 Apr 2009 5:02 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I think Blackpool shot itself in the foot with the £10 per person development tax at the airport. It was enough to make the budget Irish airline discontinue it's services, I think Easyjet went too didn't they? That said, I did see on the Jet2 website that parking is now free at the airport, so swings and roundabouts.

The smaller regional airports don't seem to get the cheapest prices. I have never seen anything really cheap from Leeds, Doncaster or Tees, but occasionally you can get a bargain if you are prepared to travel. Then you need to take into account how much it will cost to get you to your chosen airport, parking, etc and compare how much you will save when compared to the local airport.

Lastly, of course the prices go up the nicer the weather. It is unlikely you find really cheap prices when schools are on holiday or during the peak seasons. At the end of the day it is all relative. My Wife had to pay £190 for a return train ticket from Leeds to London, compare that to a £100 return ticket to Spain. Ridiculous!!!!

Mark

Like 0      
15 Apr 2009 6:19 PM by sarah_lee001 Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Thanks for your comments. I am not too concerned about getting to Duquesa from Malaga or Gibralter airport as I will have to hire a car in order to travel around and see the area anyway. I was just trying to get from the UK to CDS as cheaply as possible which as not so easy any more! I will look into the price from Gatwick and will also probably go next March when prices should be cheaper. If I also book in advance, may get a bargain!

Like 0      
15 Apr 2009 7:21 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi Sarah

As Mark rightly points out, its all about timing and dates, school holidays, bank holidays will always be the most expensive.If I lived in Blackpool the last possible place I would want to fly from would be Gatwick, it would take at least 5 hrs by coach add the 2hr check in time, the time to meet and board the coach, and you will probably be leaving your home the day before you fly.

If you want to come out in March 2010 check airline websites for spring/summer flights as they come available, around Sept/Oct this year.

We have had some great prices this year from Monarch from Luton to Malaga, we are out again 10th May and paid £89 ea all in, these flights were booked in February.

I would also suggest you might try Birmingham, East Midlands or Coventry.

Like 0      
24 Apr 2010 1:02 PM by Bhavika Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Now a days its quite regularly happens. Many passengers who wnat to travel for their destinations have been confused with these existing flight tickets prices which differs a lot. These tips and suggestions will definately help people like me regarding this confusion thanks a lot.

This message was last edited by Bhavika on 24/04/2010.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Tenants belongings - 2 posts
Hello!! Any advice appreciated.... - 6 posts
bad tenants! - 15 posts
Question re contract - 3 posts
returning from south of spain to england with a dog - 1 posts
Hotter in UK than Spain! - 78 posts
Bank Guarantee - 3 posts
Searching for....... - 2 posts
With Ref to ADH - 3 posts
POLARIS WORLD VICTIM SUPPORT - 2 posts
Tracing a lawyer - 1 posts
golf courses in and around murcia - 11 posts
moving to spain - 0 posts
insurance needed - 5 posts
SUNDAY DINNER IN OR AROUND MANILVA - 1 posts
Visa electron - 9 posts
Forum signatures need sorting - Your input please - 48 posts
Any recommend a good chiropractor between Gibraltar and Marbella? - 7 posts
Looking for Paul Tobias - 1 posts
how bad is the market? - 9 posts
West Highland White Terrier Puppy wanted - 1 posts
Wireless Internet - 10 posts
Passport validity - 8 posts
How to access the online form for Resident Income Tax 2008 - 9 posts
Vandalism! - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x