Update

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Feb 2007 7:32 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Oh goddness - what an appalling game for us! And my business partner is Irish so im turning my phone off!!!!!

Lasty time they played we were in the UK at an exhibition in Excell - 2 irish supporters and everyone else english. We got stuffed and two very happy paddys dancing around the place with a spray of champagne!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
26 Feb 2007 10:20 AM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar

So Rixxi - dining with the press ehh!!! - I hope you poured a glass of red wine over that nasty Piers Morgan

Never watched the rugby so my weekend was not ruined.  I did tune in to the Carling Kick-Boxing cup in Cardiff and a blasted football match broke out!

Well here goes, I had 4 investors out (I call them the Innit Bros.).  They are from Pakistan via Birmingham.  Every time we went into a Pilot, one of them would say "nice in here innit" "posh furniture innit" and "good views innit"!

Anyhow, they were great fun and always taking the michael out of each other.  They all had carrier bags from Mercadonna and constantly picked up bits from the sites, bricks, conduit etc. to take back home as samples.  Boss Innit waxed lyrical at the windows with Persianas, he had never seen anything like them and decided he would make them in his factory in Pakistan.  "Can you arrange a meeting with the suppliers" he asked me.  Well as luck would have it my mate supplies some builders with very high quality double glazed units with built in Persianas.

A meeting was hastily arranged with Keith on a nice boat in the harbour.  When I arrived with the Innit Bros. everything was well laid out with samples of glazed units, expensive colour literate and all elegantly demonstrated by Keiths attractive French assistant.  The Innit Bros were overjoyed and decided there and then to do a deal with a view to making said windows in Karachi.

The Innit Bros. didn´t touch alcohol cos they are Muslims, so a few cans of vintage diet Coke were broken open to celebrate!

Then Boss Innit asked an awkward question - "will the upvc stand up to our hot summers in Pakistan??? I mean it´s hot there innit". Keith was prepared, he tore open his portfolio case to reveal a full colour A3 map of the world.  The northern hemisphere was shown in a cold blue, the middle section containing Spain was a pleasant warm orange and the southern hemisphere with Pakistan, Southern Africa and everywhere else was shown in a deep scorching hot red. The Innits were told how grade 3 upvc would be needed to handle their hot weather, "Great innit" said an innit brother, and more diet coke was ordered.

Highly impressed myself, I dragged Keith to one-side, "very impressive Keith, I must say that map of upvc heat tollerances around the world showed good preparation"....."Oh that" replied Keith slurping the last of his diet Coke, "I got it off the internet last night, it shows AIDs distribution around the world but they won´t know that"!!!!!!!!

Faced with being an estate agent or a double glazing salesman I think I´ll stay as I am!

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
26 Feb 2007 11:01 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Thank you for making laugh so much! Loved it!

No - wasnt with real press, just journalists from London and Scotland, but James Hewitt was at the lunch. I nearly recognized him and when intorduced to me I told him he and I were related! Gave him a shock as he looked at me, then told him mi middle name is Hewitt (by marriage and although I cant think its any relation, they all do have red hair as well!)

Other than that the wine was ok, weather was appalling but yesterday was brill.

Only story I had so far was a supposedly desperate owner deciding not to sell now I have clients agreeing to fly over from UK tomorrow! No idea what Im gonna tell them now.

Bloomin Owners!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
26 Feb 2007 4:08 PM by Juan Pánzon Star rating in Marbella. 156 posts Send private message

Juan Pánzon´s avatar

Gillespie,

Your "innit" story made me laugh my guts out !!!!

Like 0      
26 Feb 2007 5:23 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

26 Feb 2007 9:51 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

You seem to be getting some non-agents posting here which I have to keep deleting.  Would you like me to set this so that only approved users can post here??

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
26 Feb 2007 10:09 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2007 11:35 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi yous lot, just popped in to say hello, remember, me and JeanSis are "allowed"?

Don't know about the post where a client has been ribbed for saying "innit"...........I use that phrase quiet a lot...when we were viewing with Atlas, I must have said that loads of times, just the way I speak I suppose.

Please don't take the mickey out of people in this way, wherever they hail from. Whether they be white, black, coffee coloured, blue, green or whatever, we are what we are.

Being an Agent, does not make you any better than us, in fact, if the truth be known, many of your clients are more than likely richer and more intelligent than you.

What you are saying in this forum is racist and should not be tolerated.

Racism can be classed as anything from taking the rise out of a Londoner, to mimicking an Asian, African, American, Jew, Muslim, Budhist, etc., etc.,

So let's pack it in guys, cos' it ain't worth the hassle, and it will only cause bad feelings throughout this forum, which I thought was just coming nicely back on an even keel.

It's all of our forum innit?

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
26 Feb 2007 11:41 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

This was always going to be a controversial thread, especially titled "Agents fight back".  There have been some interesting posts in here but I understand how some of the posts below could be offensive to some.

This is an open forum and the agents that post here are entitled to post what they think, it helps to balance the forum a bit, we're not always going to like what they say!

I would therefore ask that you just be careful with what you post...please!

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
27 Feb 2007 9:18 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hi Guys, listen Im sorry if any of my comments bought offense - its certainly not meant that way at all. We all have lighter side to ourselves and I guess print does not accurately pass across how a light hearted comment is actually meant - that can only be done by actually hearing the words. Anyone who knows me knows I am lighthearted and have a wicked sense of humour - shame it doesnt come across here

On the other hand one could read all the other threads and I could certainly get shirty by comments made by others - generally I ignore them unless I feel its directed totally at me.

At the end of the day this is an open forum and we should, within reason, be able to post what we like providing there is no swearing etc.

A bit like the TV, one can always look at another thread as opposed to this one. There are many threads I do not like - I choose not to look at them, post on them or read them.

Thanks Justin, we will all carry on as we are and I suppose as we are labelled as agents, we are reviled in any case, guilty of everything short of murder!

Oh, and I disagree with most of our clients are better than us - we are all born the same and I have wonderful clients and I have others I wont let back in the door - no matter How much money they have.

Even I have standards.

Keep up the good work Justin

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
27 Feb 2007 9:41 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

I am with Rixxy - think it is pretty well balanced and demonstrates a lot of levity - many other people get pissed off about irrelevant stuff on other threads that is posted by all of us - you all know I am not an agent but I think this is their chance to have their own open forum and I for one appreciate that it is not closed to me and I am freely able to comment - this is a world of freedom of speech and Gillespies story tickled me too - I am not the least racist and didnt think he was being so but I have had personal experience of another branch of the same family and I could relate to what he was talking about. Next we will be hearing we cannot put Irish jokes onthe jokes thread for fear of causing offence.

Rixxy on the basis there is a connection to Mr Hewitt does this mean you are related to the Royal family

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
27 Feb 2007 9:49 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hi Smiley - well if liking having your toes sucked counts then I could be related!   

Only joking but it was a hilarious meeting, poor guys face! If I had known he was going to be there I would have dyed my hair red!!!

I think he is after any pr he can get. Still food was nice and the wine flowed freely. 

Isnt it a beautiful day today. I hope tomorrow the same as looking forward to getting in the sun for the day. Is it forcast good for next week?

Yes, shame we cant do the Irish bit - my business partner is Irish before Im accused of Irishism and after the rugby the other day - which I was praying for an english result - he sent me a text saying and I quote "Gerry Adams to lay a wreath in Croke Park tomorrow after the massacre of 18 englishmen on saturday 24th February"

I also i have some good rental stories I might put up here - or write a book about.

Have a great day everyone!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
27 Feb 2007 10:13 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

27 Feb 2007 10:18 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
So Ive heard!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
27 Feb 2007 10:47 AM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar

Morning everyone.

I´m thinking of starting a new thread called "Beardies with Sandals" for all the Guardian reading politically correct posters who can find something offensivley racist in just about anything.  Their wives needn´t feel descriminated against as they will no doubt match the description anyway!

They can park their Citroen 2CV with thatched roof outside.  For every racist remark they find on our thread we will give them a token for 10 litres of "free range petrol".

Now come on people get real!  -If you want to stand up for anti racism go to some other websites where certain weirdo´s advocate mass murder of all who do not belong to their sect or race, better still go to their countries instead and wagg your fingers at them!!

I´m with Rixxi and smiley -

On a lighter note,  and this is true!I  Iwent into a cake shop one lunchtime and held the door open for a woman, as she passed me she said "Hummpp, that kind of thing is not accepted anymore I am capeable of opening it myself"  I replied "I´m not holding the door open because you are a lady, I´m holding it open because I am a gentleman"!  I got a big round of applause from the girls behind the counter

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
27 Feb 2007 10:51 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Good on you Gillespie - what type of cake did yu get???

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
27 Feb 2007 10:53 AM by Darren Ward Star rating in Lytham St Annes & Ju.... 277 posts Send private message

Darren Ward´s avatar

Nice one Gillespie !!!!

My wife thinks I'm no gent because I don't buy her flowers..........well she ain't dead yet is she?

D

Darren & Michelle R17 - No.54

www.santaana-pm.com

Like 0      
27 Feb 2007 10:56 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Darren - had to laugh when I read your response, but its very anti-flower and wife isnt it - you can get flogged for that!!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
27 Feb 2007 10:56 AM by PAINTS Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Cannot believe I have not found this forum before. It is hilarious.

Go Gillespie, I'm with you.

P.S. There was this Irishman, scotsmans and welshman on a .... opps cant do that either.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2007 10:59 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Yes you can yes yu can - but there is a jokes section you might want to put it in

How about a new thread titled racist jokes - dont look in if you are likely to be offended - or is that too long a title??

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

problems getting in to see a show apartment - 17 posts
The Market - Bottomed Or still more to come??? - 151 posts
UK qualified teachers in Spain - 6 posts
compensation re builders late completion - 40 posts
Estate Agent Shoots Himself!! - 10 posts
Jay White - 3 posts
Invitation to attend meeting of administrators - 8 posts
contract overdue - 2 posts
Licenses - 8 posts
bank guarantees - 14 posts
Qualifications for Spanish Property Lawyers..interesting find !!!!!!! - 8 posts
Are you receiving the newsletter? - 13 posts
Why does eveyone want to sue me? - 19 posts
Spanish builders. - 2 posts
Balsicas and Sucina - 1 posts
Focus,ITV1,February 13th - 7 posts
Grille & door alarms could be a great deterrant. - 36 posts
For TechnoApe - 0 posts
Furnishing in Duquesa, Manilva - 40 posts
almerimar - 1 posts
Getting British Channels on Spanish TV - 8 posts
Happy Valentine's Day - 23 posts
Punta Marina - 5 posts
SPIRIT OF MOJACAR - 0 posts
HELP - ANY ONE WANT TO OR KNOW ANYONE WHO WOULD RENT OUT A 2 BED APARTMENT FOR OF 4-8 MARCH - MOJACAR/VERA - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 415

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x