Estate Agent Shoots Himself!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Well not yet, and before everyone askes for tickets to this attractive event, I need to explain. Yesterday the family from hell arrived in my showroom, normally I would give the parents lots of Polaris world brochures and stick Polaris world baseball caps on the kids as I usher them towards the door. But they insisted on looking through my listings. While this was happening their kids set about dismantleing my office with all the verve of a Pickfords team on a bonus. The parents asked to view 4 properties and I gladly rushed them from my office and into my car - Big Mistake- I´m sure one of the children ate my headrest cos I can´t find it anywhere, and me little Garfields gone too!! I only had him on valentines day. Still, worse was to come, they turned out to be buyers, not of the house I expected, but, would you believe my next door neighbours house, arrggghhhh!!!! B*=¿$$. I only stopped at my house to give them water and they saw my sale boads next door. Completion is set for End of March -GULP! Anyone wishing to buy a nice villa formerly owned by a silly estate agent can contact me at Mrs McDingles Guest house in the Outer Hebrides.

This message was last edited by Gillespie on 2/17/2007.

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
17 Feb 2007 11:26 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
17 Feb 2007 11:36 AM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
I will Janice, and thanx for the hug I feel so much better now. Maybe I won´t need a cool box at Mrs McDingles guest house anyway!!!

Like 0      
17 Feb 2007 3:03 PM by Juan Pánzon Star rating in Marbella. 156 posts Send private message

Juan Pánzon´s avatar

I am very sorry to hear this Gillespie...... but as the "Predator " used to say... shit happens.......... anyway..... keep up with your job as I think that you are one of the few agents that will survive the crisis.... as for me you seem to be fit enough not to go extinct....

As pre your clients..... I would love to see the faces they would put if same thing happens to them..... 

I like your atittude and we should be telling more client´s stories....... ( some of them.... I do not want to remember......)  But lately..... a guy sitting with his family and a mortgage broker produced a passport so details are covered..... the mortgage broker noticed the Passport was "past due renovation"...... they guy said !! No problem... I have another one !!  And he produced another British passport with a different name on it..... same picture......... ( ji, ji.......) .....

But I know...... that is nothing compared to the "genocides" that we state agents/sales people commit every day ...... but sometimes is good to hear the other side of the story..

Cheers,

Juan.

Like 0      
17 Feb 2007 7:59 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Gillespie!

I just love you sense of humour!

I was smiling all the way through reading your post!  Sorry, but I could just imagine the situation - the family from hell!

And to think they might live next door to you.......I am sure Garfield will be displayed from one of the kids bedroom windows when they move in, just to taunt you!

I shouldn't laugh, cos it must be a terrible senario for you, but you brightened up my day, thank you!

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
18 Feb 2007 11:46 PM by woodycurtain Star rating in south wales. 121 posts Send private message

woodycurtain´s avatar

Yesterday the family from hell arrived in my showroom

Still, worse was to come, they turned out to be buyers, not of the house I expected, but, would you believe my next door neighbours house, arrggghhhh!!!! B*=¿$$.

oddball family

I just love you sense of humour

I was smiling all the way through reading your post!  Sorry, but I could just imagine the situation - the family from hell!

It must be lovely for you all being so perfect. As the mother of an Autistic Child, ( we are often viewed as the "family from hell")  I hope you will never have to deal with the predjudice and ignorance we have to on a daily basis. 

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 1:09 AM by Juan Pánzon Star rating in Marbella. 156 posts Send private message

Juan Pánzon´s avatar

"Woodycurtain wrote""It must be lovely for you all being so perfect. As the mother of an Autistic Child, ( we are often viewed as the "family from hell")  I hope you will never have to deal with the predjudice and ignorance we have to on a daily basis. "

Hello Woody,

What are you trying to say.... that families with autistic childs are called "families from hell"?  Certainly not in Spain.... this is the first time I hear that expresion...... Autistic children are very much looked forward over here, I think that receive better treatment and care than in other countries.  Or it is just that you are the soon to be neighbours of Gillespie? I do not really think th expression "family from hell" was refering to any handicaped child...

I think that Gillespie story had nothing to do with an autistic little angel.... just a bit of sense of humour applied to a sort of funny story.... I do not read ANY mention of autism...

Nobody is perfect Woddy as u can see on little childs suffering handicaps, not even God is perfect.....

My best wishes for your kid, I wish him a happy life. My wife is horribly sick.....and no good prognosis.... I know what suffering means... and also prejudism.... none of that over this forum.... Justin would cut the first prejudist/racist/ person´s head which may show up with a rusty sword....

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 9:06 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hello, Woodycurtain,

I did not read in Gillespie's post anything about autistic children either.

Had that inference been in his post, I most certainly would not have posted that I found the story amusing.

As Juan states, Justing would have edited the original post, told us off for responding or at best, banned our membership (quite rightly so).

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 9:47 AM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Hi Woodycurtain, I meant no offence truly when I made my post, and would never ridicule any family in the knowledge that a member of it was ill or suffering. Juan has said it all further down the thread and I thank him for his well worded thoughts which I share 100%. I would like to wish all good things for Juan and his wife, and hope they have good news in 2007. Gillie.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 10:00 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hiya - had to laugh my sock off when I read this. Reminds me os exact same story by business partner had. He ended up showing the clients the house 2 dorrs from his own and they made an offer on it! Boy was he mortified.

The offer fell through in due course and my colleague was oh soooooo pleased, so fingers crossed for you!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 1:05 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Jay White - 3 posts
Invitation to attend meeting of administrators - 8 posts
contract overdue - 2 posts
Licenses - 8 posts
bank guarantees - 14 posts
Qualifications for Spanish Property Lawyers..interesting find !!!!!!! - 8 posts
Are you receiving the newsletter? - 13 posts
Why does eveyone want to sue me? - 19 posts
Spanish builders. - 2 posts
Balsicas and Sucina - 1 posts
Focus,ITV1,February 13th - 7 posts
Grille & door alarms could be a great deterrant. - 36 posts
For TechnoApe - 0 posts
Furnishing in Duquesa, Manilva - 40 posts
almerimar - 1 posts
Getting British Channels on Spanish TV - 8 posts
Happy Valentine's Day - 23 posts
Punta Marina - 5 posts
SPIRIT OF MOJACAR - 0 posts
HELP - ANY ONE WANT TO OR KNOW ANYONE WHO WOULD RENT OUT A 2 BED APARTMENT FOR OF 4-8 MARCH - MOJACAR/VERA - 3 posts
Brown's Restaurant Duquessa - 2 posts
sales jobs wanted - 1 posts
Agents And Property Valuations Done Properly - 17 posts
A smiley for Smiley - 17 posts
How long is an Account Number ? - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x