Update

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | ... | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Jul 2007 12:23 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Gillespie - Georgia - where are you both??

Out enjoying the sun I guess - or showing loads of properties!

Problem is at this time of the year the holidaymakers are out in force! Im lucky to have not got caught but when working years ago for a larger agency, the guys used to copmplain bitterly about the families who wanted to 'look' at loads of inland properties, which would entail a full day out, half a tank of fuel, 2/3 eventually fed up and miserable kids and money spent on drinks.

All they wanted was to have a drive around near the end of the holiday to fill the time!

Wish I could remember the name they were classified as cos it was well recognized what they were - dont think the name was too flattering!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
31 Jul 2007 2:51 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Rixxy,

I am so busy at the moment,hardly get any time to look at the froum let alone contribute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,slump in the market!,where?????!!!!

Have you been away?!

I am off on holiday for 2 whole weeks from monday!! yipee!!!!!!!!!!!

I might nip back to the UK just to experience rain again!!!!!!!!!!!

regards

Georgia

Like 0      
31 Jul 2007 3:03 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Georgia

Definitely missing you

Rixxy's been in Italy with Tiddler, haven't you, Rixxy   

Hey, I found a pic of Rixxy at work, look, telling them how it is !  

Have a safe & enjoyable trip to the UK, where we suddenly are experiencing beautiful weather after so much rain. Will you be online in the UK, Georgia ?  Hope you'll be able to stay in touch.

Lots of fondest

Like 0      
31 Jul 2007 3:13 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Morerosado,

I am only thinking about goin to the uk at the moment,i might very well stay here and see what everyone else does on holiday!!?

The forum has alaways been a refreshing release from work but at the moment i cannot seem to get 5 mins to myself!! shouldn't moan really,the only reason i am on now is that my clients are late!!!

As Arnie Says "i'll be back"

x

Like 0      
31 Jul 2007 3:30 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi Georgia the rain has finally stopped and the  sun is out, well l think its the sun,glad to here you are busy and the market is not as dead as the gloom merchants would have us believe,are he prices holding up,ps thanks for replys.Regards Pat

Like 0      
31 Jul 2007 3:46 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Pat,

If it's quality and the right location people are still paying near enough the full price.

You will alaways get offers because nobody wants to pay the full price for anything anymore.

Usually July/August are our quitest months but this year for some reason we are very busy.

So maybe not such doom and gloom after all?!

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
31 Jul 2007 3:51 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hola Georgia! Glad to hear you are busy. Its quieter down here but maybe cos Im not ground floor with window so dont have walk ins (thank goodness!)

Reasonably busy but mainly serious buyers not browsers so can get time away with fone on divert. Agree that location will always command high price but people making offers all the time.

Morerosado - yes was in Italy but NO not with Tiddler!!! You will be getting me a bad name!

Just back from lunch - too hot for a full bottle so 3/4 had to do!

Back to work (?) for a bit then off again to enjoy the weather.

Enjoy your hols G!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
31 Jul 2007 3:56 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Methinks you gotta bad case of mistaken identity Morerosado???? The plot thickens but I assure you that you are most definitely wrong!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
19 Sep 2007 7:14 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

WHY oh WHY do owners pester you to take their property on desperate to sell cos they cant afford it, havent paid the community fees for a while etc etc etc, and then after all your running around taking instructions, descriptions and photos, placing it on the web, calling all likely interested clients and then finding a buyer - all within 2 HOURS do they turn around and say well actually were not sure now!!!   

BE SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all for listening, I love you really!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
19 Sep 2007 7:30 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

The same reason buyers get cold feet the day before exchange  .

Not having a good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Like 0      
20 Sep 2007 10:54 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Oh yeeeessssssssssssssss! Tahts a fun one - I have known it happen to colleagues of mine!

Hope today is a better day for you!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
20 Sep 2007 10:57 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Ahhh following on from the other thread I started titled lawyers - the same wonderful lawyer has now just informed us that we cannot set a date for next week as there seems to be a problem with the community fees!

Quite a surpise considering he has power of attorney for the owners and was dealing with everything! He is based in Gibraltar and his cousin is based in Spain as the administrator of the company owning the property

Who says nepotism makes anything easier!!!

Hey ho - might get it through by Christmas!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
20 Sep 2007 11:14 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Why do people offer on a property and then turn there phone off or ignore your call?,especially after i have negotiated a price right down with the vendor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just tell me you don't want it anymore or you have changed your minds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on people get some balls!!!!!!!! i'm a big boy i can handle it!!!! It makes me look stupid with the vendor and most importantly people's hopes get dashed because in their mind they have already sold and moved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGeorgia

Like 0      
20 Sep 2007 11:19 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Oh yes - thats a good one - Ive had it a few times myself, supposed cash buyer desperate to see one on your site, you pull out all the stops hammer the price down then the bugger disappears!

Why do we do it guys???

And it looks like rain today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
20 Sep 2007 4:56 PM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar
Rixxy maybe you guys are now entering the real world after years of having it easy. There are never any hassles selling in a rising market but when the market is down or flat that's when you really get hassle.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2007 5:14 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Oooooh now I just know the sort of answer that is going to provoke......... time to batten down the hatches!!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
20 Sep 2007 5:18 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Tinto - I have always lived in the real world!

From running a small agency in North London in 1987 through various fields connected to property and now here 12.5 years ago - I purposely did not join the rats in the property wars here as I could see even then what the problems were going to be and why.

I started the auctions over 4 years ago - unfortunately it was the owners who would not believe what I was telling them when I was trying to persuade them to drop their prices to secure a quick sale!!!

Its only taken the real world 4 years to catch up with my preachings!

ps - I dont know the meaning of the expression having it easy!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
20 Sep 2007 5:36 PM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar
Rixxy what I mean by easy is in a rising market what takes a day to sell will probably take 5 days or more in a falling market. In a rising market you don't really have to work at it, in a falling market you have to work bloody hard hence the amount of estate agent we hear of disappearing at the moment they are either not used to hard work or not prepared to do it the ones like yourself will always survive.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2007 5:47 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Totally true and sorry if I came across a bit agressive. I havent experienced a rising market myself here - truth be told in one way I would loved to have jumped on the bandwagon but firstly you had to be self employed and with 2 kids thats impossible as unfortunately the (now not so little) blighters need feeding daily , secondly, I cant sell something I dont beleive in and thirdly Im here to live and want to sleep at nights!

So I started a rental business to handle the end product, but after a few years of that and travelling up and down the coast I saw what was happeneing and realized some people would need a way to get out  without being ripped off even further.

Hence the change in direction and to be honest we arent doing too badly. It was touch and go last xmas as many sales fell through once certain licenses got revoked and lately with banks clamping down as well that hasnt helped, but I am impresed at the quality of client coming through now and the Spanish are still buying. Overheads are low so keeping it tight works for the timebeing.

I know to get through the next 3 years will ensure that as the market recovers in this time (personally I think it will be longer except in certain areas) we will become entrenched and part of the landscape - exactly where I want to be.

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
24 Sep 2007 4:12 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
If I get one more mortgage broker contacting me saying he/she has a client ready to buy but its GOTTA VALUE UP with 100% purcahse and costs AND CASH BACK included in the deal, I really will scweam and scweam and scweam!!!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | ... | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

problems getting in to see a show apartment - 17 posts
The Market - Bottomed Or still more to come??? - 151 posts
UK qualified teachers in Spain - 6 posts
compensation re builders late completion - 40 posts
Estate Agent Shoots Himself!! - 10 posts
Jay White - 3 posts
Invitation to attend meeting of administrators - 8 posts
contract overdue - 2 posts
Licenses - 8 posts
bank guarantees - 14 posts
Qualifications for Spanish Property Lawyers..interesting find !!!!!!! - 8 posts
Are you receiving the newsletter? - 13 posts
Why does eveyone want to sue me? - 19 posts
Spanish builders. - 2 posts
Balsicas and Sucina - 1 posts
Focus,ITV1,February 13th - 7 posts
Grille & door alarms could be a great deterrant. - 36 posts
For TechnoApe - 0 posts
Furnishing in Duquesa, Manilva - 40 posts
almerimar - 1 posts
Getting British Channels on Spanish TV - 8 posts
Happy Valentine's Day - 23 posts
Punta Marina - 5 posts
SPIRIT OF MOJACAR - 0 posts
HELP - ANY ONE WANT TO OR KNOW ANYONE WHO WOULD RENT OUT A 2 BED APARTMENT FOR OF 4-8 MARCH - MOJACAR/VERA - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 415

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x