Update

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Feb 2007 3:25 PM by Emzhops Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Oh god, that's really bad, I mean you didn't HAVE to do the Telefonica thing for the client, that was an extra added touch and you're right, sometimes I wonder whether clients were taught any manners, to avoid you is just plain rude. Sometimes it's like being an on-call doctor! Well Telefonica are rubbish, that was totally not your fault.

I find that an absolute mystery, some clients just disappear after you have given an excellent service, I always e-mail the clients after they have bought to congratulate them etc and some just don't reply, some people are just such a strange breed.

My boss once had a call from a long-standing client of his who called him at 10.00 in the evening because him and his friends had locked themselves out of their apartment in a state of drunkeness and as my boss was a keyholder he put his suit back on and met them and let them all in!!!!!!!

Therapy.....great idea it amazes me that some people think that agents drive round in BMW's rolling in cash for doing no work, in my experience it's the opposite, I've never had such a demanding job but I do enjoy the challenges, one client invited me to their apartment and they made me a cake and tea, that was the smallest sale I ever had but without doubt the most rewarding, it was a permanent move and so much work involved, they had to sell up first and I helped them with removals/storage/getting a mobile organised/bank account organised and I am office based and it took over a year for them to buy but so worth it in the end.

I think if any potential buyers are reading I would say, please just be honest with us, it helps us do our job and this will ultimately help you, would you agree Gillespie? Any pearls of wisdom or requests to potential buyers?

Emz

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 3:31 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 3:45 PM by Emzhops Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Janice,

Your experience sounds absolutely terrible, I really feel for you with the illness you incurred, it's supposed to be one of the happiest experiences of your life and we try to make it that way for clients.

I am glad you are much better now. We NEVER deal with any vendors or developers that want 'B' money....it's illegal!!!

Keep smiling now you have your lovely place in Guadamar

Emz

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 3:48 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Enzhops you are right on it when you said "clients should be more honest with us" It saves so much time and grief all round. Mind you, eating tea and cake with clients sounds very civilised, I can just see you sitting there with your cuppa PG, little finger pointing in the air (he he) Most of the time I have to eat humble pie alone!!

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 4:47 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Justin,

Why are these post so big that they won't fit on my computer screen!?

I have to scroll from side to side too see all the words, but I think it's only this thread that's like this.

Help, I am getting a neck ache and don't want to miss any of the story!

Rgds,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 4:50 PM by Emzhops Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

He he now you've got me laughing about that, 'Oh yes darling but I do prefer Tetleys to PG' can't be doing with all that Earl grey or camomile mind! I remembered also the lady client of the couple was a dressmaker and she offered to make me a dress, I lost contact with them, I think I will try to find their number as they were truly lovely, genuine people. Oh don't eat humble pie, Gillespie, you sound like a tru trooper, grafting hard and being one of us honest people...apple pie and custard much nicer, yum!

Come on, anyone any more funny/raging stories?

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 4:56 PM by Emzhops Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Sorry Fibby, that might be because I've rambled on for so long.

It fits on my screen?

Keep scrolling across, hopefully you will like my tale!

Emz

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 5:09 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
OK last one before I head off home for me apple pie and custard. I had a famous actress looking at a rather tasty villa with enticing pool. I was chatting away to the owner and just heard her say oohh it looks so inviting, she then ripped her kit off and leaped into the pool totally starkers. We all stood around in amazement not knowing where to look. She bought the house and invited our entire office staff to her house warming. Mrs gillespie said I could not go as I had dog pooh to collect at home. Next day the office staff said she spent the whole afternoon naked in the pool and the neighbours tell me they have never seen her with her clothes on. I hope she nevers sells on cos Mrs Gillespie will not allow me to go with my camera to spec the house!

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 5:18 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 6:14 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Sorry Gillie Costa Calida area is too vague - us red blooded boys need the address and directions to the villa please - it would be helpful as well if you could let us know when she is in residence - perhaps run a flag up the pole like the queen does or something

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 7:45 PM by san miguel Star rating. 288 posts Send private message

san miguel´s avatar

Hi Justin

Just noticed your reply on 18th following my post saying many of the posts were appearing "frivilous", you said;-

"Why do so many people want to be so serious all the time?  It's fine to have a laugh.  I would hate it if this was just another boring forum!

I think the members inject the necessary fun into this forum.

I for one am not complaining".

Fair enough, we all like a "laugh" but I for one find trawling through some of the juvenile posts tedious and time consuming. Maybe it's just me out of step, but then again there doesn't appear to be many new members posting (I may be wrong).

Oh well we all make our own choices so I will stick to posting on the 'development' part of the site in future. Thanks to everyone for the help and information I have got from their postings.

Adios.  

STOP CYBER-BULLYING 

AND PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 8:02 PM by Emzhops Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Hi Brian,

Your comments don't seem to be about this thread? Perhaps you should post this on the 'What would you like to see on EOS?'

Emz

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 11:37 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Nice one Emz'

Gina

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 9:02 AM by Emzhops Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Thanks for the cake and refreshments Janice, that gateau look delicious, Gina I hope Brian found some use in some of the posts on here I think we have to be light hearted, especially if people read mine and Gillespie's stories!!!

And Gillespie, although your naked lady client story seems like a fib, I can honestly believe it, I know someone that did a viewing and the owner forgot to mention that he had tenants in there so when he opened the front door, in the bedroom were two ladies, shall we say getting acquainted with one another!!! Imagine that, HOW embarrassing! I bet Smiley can after his red flag flying comment

I can't believe it's just Gillespie and I holding the fort on this thread, there surely must be some other fellow comrades that have funny stories or tales of clients totally giving us the run around?

Come on......Justin's given us our soapbox,

Emz

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 9:27 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

The latest one we have was an english guy desperate to sell a villa he had built and the adjoining plot of land with planning permission on it.

The villa has no LFO cos he overbuilt on it and is ordered to demolish a tower, so we refused that but took the plot. Of course another agent has it with their board on it but as our price was 60k lower, no worries for us!

After a few weeks and via another agent (spanish) we got the asking price and took a deposit. We kept badgering the owner for the paperwork and plans etc, he kept saying he was coming over fromuk with them and puttin gus off.

Finally we rang him 7 working days after the deposit had been placed, only to be told he had sold it the day before! All that work, advertising and promoting his plit. Well, we wanted to strangle him.

My business partner lost his rag and called him all sorts down the phone - but that wasnt the worst of it. The same afternoon (after trying to limit the damage done by this turn of events) the owner came to the office! i was there on my own and could not beleive his neck when he stood in front of me, told me he 'didnt know it had been bought by a colleague of his' and then proceeded to insist I took him in MY car to another plot of land with the plans about to be approved for the same buyer!!!

I had to keep my arms folded as I told him in no uncertain terms where he could place said plot of land and there is NO WAY we would deal with him again!

So, selling owners are just as bad!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 9:35 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

I think Justin has done a great thing in creating this thread.

It's nice to see "the other side of the coin".

From Rixxy's post, I can see that buyers can be so frustrating for the agents too.

Selling & Buying is a cat & mouse game for both parties isn't it?

They say that selling your home is one of the most traumatic experiences of your life, but they don't mention the agents!

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 9:56 AM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Smiley Says “perhaps run a flag up the pole like the queen does or something” Oh dear, this poor bafta award winning actress, now she´s gonna be stalked by smiley. It´s all going to get very public when the press converge on her house to report “Famouse Actress Eaten By Crocodile In Her Pool”

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 10:11 AM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Or if it were THE SUN - "NAKED THESPIAN GORGED BY ESTATE AGENT IN ALIGATOR COSTUME FRENZY"

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 10:13 AM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
THE GUARDIAN - HOUSE PRICES FALL AGAIN IN COSTA CALIDA AREA

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 10:26 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

I had a couple out on a viewing trip for 4 days,at the start they seemed very positive and were talking about how great it would be to have a holiday home here on the costa blanca.

There bugget was 150,000 euros and were looking for a apartment within a spanish village about 15 mins inland,they arrived on the friday night and we settled them into their hotel and then took them out for dinner to relax them in,everything was looking positive and the following day we took them to see 3 apartments in a beautiful spanish village overlooking the orange groves and mountains,big smiles from everyone and they decided to reserve one,as they were selling rather quickly we asked if they wished to get the ball rolling and pay the builder the reservation deposit,this is where the problems started!

They had to wait untill after the weekend to transfer the money to their account  as it was in a relatives account,we said ok no problem,they then said could they go shopping to furnish the place,again we said fine,then they needed to go shopping for fags,ok again no problem although we thought £1200 on cigs was a bit lavish,as it was the weekend and we had done such a great job they asked to spend some time at the beach on their own and could we pick them up on monday to arrange the finances,so we booked sat and sundays nights restaraunts for them and arranged to meet them on monday.

All through their inspection trip the wife had been doing all the talking and the husband just nodded occasionally and said "its up to her",anyway monday comes and suddenly their is a change of mood,they cannot make any decision without their daughter so they use my mobile for half an hour and she says its ok,then the bombshell,we have done such a great job in showing them Spanish life that they want to live here permanently and give me a revised budget so the apertment is a no no.

I then show them a villa in the same village for 250,000 euros,again they fall in love,this time i have reservations and ask them if they wish to proceed,the husband then pipes up and says he would have to work for the next 100 years to afford the place,considering they had told me they had cash i was confused to say the least.

We agree to go for a coffee and talk through the options,the wife goes to the toilet and i am told by the husband that really they have no money are both unemployed and make a living from selling cheap fags in the UK! They have been all around Europe doing this and it shouldnt really matter to me as i will get paid anyway from my boss and it can be our secret!!!!!!!!!!

4 days of running around on a weekend,we have paid for the hotel,meals drinks,flights and now could i drop them back at the airport!!!

We are a very small company that charge 2% commission and always give 100% for the client and this is how some people repay you.

Needless to say they found their own back to the airport and are probably somewhere in Spain at this moment with 800 silk cut under one arm and an estate agent in the other.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

problems getting in to see a show apartment - 17 posts
The Market - Bottomed Or still more to come??? - 151 posts
UK qualified teachers in Spain - 6 posts
compensation re builders late completion - 40 posts
Estate Agent Shoots Himself!! - 10 posts
Jay White - 3 posts
Invitation to attend meeting of administrators - 8 posts
contract overdue - 2 posts
Licenses - 8 posts
bank guarantees - 14 posts
Qualifications for Spanish Property Lawyers..interesting find !!!!!!! - 8 posts
Are you receiving the newsletter? - 13 posts
Why does eveyone want to sue me? - 19 posts
Spanish builders. - 2 posts
Balsicas and Sucina - 1 posts
Focus,ITV1,February 13th - 7 posts
Grille & door alarms could be a great deterrant. - 36 posts
For TechnoApe - 0 posts
Furnishing in Duquesa, Manilva - 40 posts
almerimar - 1 posts
Getting British Channels on Spanish TV - 8 posts
Happy Valentine's Day - 23 posts
Punta Marina - 5 posts
SPIRIT OF MOJACAR - 0 posts
HELP - ANY ONE WANT TO OR KNOW ANYONE WHO WOULD RENT OUT A 2 BED APARTMENT FOR OF 4-8 MARCH - MOJACAR/VERA - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 415

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x