Update

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | ... | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Apr 2007 9:00 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Yes thats true - they should do the decent thing and get out of the way when I am crawling back! I still got the bruises on my back from the stamps!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
10 Apr 2007 11:11 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
I thought you would fly home - didnt realise you posted yourself - first class or special delivery?

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
11 Apr 2007 11:07 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Well in this current climate one needs to preserve every penny - got the second class freight postal service. Boy what fun and the uniforms are nice.

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
12 Apr 2007 1:54 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

TELE-FLIPPIN-FONICA    

What a shower of useless good for nothing layabout jobsworths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Thats better, now I can calm down. The clever, clever idiots from there didnt tell us until the last minute that we would lose our original number when moving all of 2 miles away. Fine says I, did the lotus position, took deep breaths (did I spell that correctly??) and dealt with it.

Then we are told best not to reduce our 4 lines to two, but keep the complete system (which we are actually buying I now find out - who in their right mind would buy a phone set up with telefonica name/logo embalzoned over it?) as opposed to cutting off the lines and install new ones would be more expensive - supposedly!

OK says I - another half bottle of Brandy to help relieve the stress - and all is moved (oh except for the adsl cos they forgot it!) But no problem, our super duper wizard computer guy sorted that bit out.

Its just that after going though all of that, our 4 line whazzy phone system which means that if the main line is busy the next call goes to the other extensions (5 of them) DEOSNT BLOOMIN WORK . Either the phones ring out OR thre is an engaged tone!!!

SOMEONE GIVE ME STRENGTH PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE - or a shotgun!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
12 Apr 2007 2:00 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
EASY TIGER - you know this is Spain and have to make allowances for things like that - youll give yourself a heart attack!! And then they won!! After so long here you should know that companies such as Telefonica will always live down to their formidable reputation and when they say they will do something you know it aint gonna happen - better than the the UK where they tell you they will do something and you just dont know - it might get done or it might not......at least here you know in advance it aint gonna happen so you can make your complaint in advance or simply go and have a bottle of wine on the day they are expected to turn up to do something because you know it could be ANY time other than that

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
12 Apr 2007 2:42 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

I know I know - just really piddles me off when they say they will do soething then not even bother to check its working! Still I got the guys direct number so he has been totally pestered today IT WILL BE SORTED!

If it were sunny I wouldnt mind so much, I could go for a dip or sit out and top up the tan - with of course a drink or five!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
12 Apr 2007 2:47 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
12 Apr 2007 2:48 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
My god yes I did think I was safe - anyway cant be me as that ones still on her feet!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
12 Apr 2007 2:50 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
12 Apr 2007 2:52 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Fink the feet are the wrong way up!!

Gosh I am giving such a bad impression about myself! Im innocent really

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
13 Apr 2007 12:56 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

13 Apr 2007 8:59 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Cheeky sod!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
13 Apr 2007 1:32 PM by Juan Pánzon Star rating in Marbella. 156 posts Send private message

Juan Pánzon´s avatar

Hi Rixxy,

Only way to go is try to be as nice as possible with the Cotronic guys ( the ones subcontracted by telefonica)..... that´s the only way...... in any case Rixxy, you should know by now that living  in here means a lot of patience....  Do not think that nowadays all works well anywhere....... all those "stupid white men" took among other things from us, the customer service...... is like we are at THEIR service on top of paying for the service...  Anyway... Telefonica is going to kill you, please go VoIP ASAP, ask your IT guy or PM me and I will explain to you how it works.... I think you cut your phone bills by a factor of 4 at least.

Juan.

Like 0      
13 Apr 2007 3:03 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar

Hi Juan,

I use skype both at home and in the office, it saves a fortune.  Our last British Telecom bill for our uk office calls to Spain was 900 GBP.  Now with skype it´s zero.  I can ring any landline in the world for 1.7 cents per minute and any mobile in the world for 22 cents per minute.

If the person at the other end has skype then it is totally free and you can use video as well as conference calls.

Sometimes the call quality is a bit dodgy but hell it´s for free right!

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
13 Apr 2007 3:35 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Thanks Boys, you are totally correct - I do have skype but they are talking about making it a paying service soon! I will have to get used to using it more really.

I love Telefonica really - honest and luckily Maria has the job of beeing nice to them (the buggers!)

Juan - what happend at the job interview - did everything go ok and are you well??

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
13 Apr 2007 4:24 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar

It took me 3 years to get a home phone.  2 lots of neighbours moved in months after us and got theirs straight away.

So after 100´s of calls they told me I will probably not get a phone because my surname begins with W!!!!  That is gospel guys!  Soooo one day when I was getting nowhere I said to the telephonica girl at the call centre that I wished to cancel my application and re-apply in the name of Aaron Aardvark!!, she only slammed the phone down on me, silly moooo.

Anyway a few moths later a little telefonica man arrived at my gate with a piece of card to insert in my wall socket (yes I had the fittings already there when I moved in but no line) He fitted the cardboard bit in the box and wrote a phone number on it, "So does this mean I can now make calls" I asked, "NO" he replied "you have no line, but if you get one this will be your number!!"  I was flabbergasted.

About 6 month´s later the phone that had sat dormant for 3 years suddenly rang and YESSS we had a phone.

I was straight on to telefonica to get broadband, "Oh you can´t have that"  It will be a year or two before we upgrade the exchange.

Guess what appeared on my first bill???? charges for broadband can you beleive??

Took me several months to get a refund.  I got on to a company called Iberbanda and they installed a little dish within a week and I got broadband for the same price as telefonica.

Best thing is, the phonelines are always going down in the area yet because of my Iberbanda connection and skype, we are the only people in the area to have continuous connections.

I would get rid of my telefonica land line tomorrow except my house is up for sale and the prospective buyers will no doubt whinge if it´s cut off.

But yes Iberbanda is an alternative, I hope they do well and bankrupt telefonica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like 0      
13 Apr 2007 4:32 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Reminds me of the story when I fist came to spain. Parents had a villa in Campo Mijas just behind Fuengirola. Once it was built and finished they asked about a phone line only to be met with the answer 'why, no one else has one so who you gonna call?'

I moved there 12 years ago (still no line) and requested one. It took 4 weeks - not bad - for telefonica man to arrive and connect it. EXCEPT he only connected to the little exchange box at the end of the road - WE had to run the cable 200m along the shared road to our villa where THEN Tman would connect the actual phone!

Well obviously the neighbours were used to this cos there was conduit 6 inches below the grassy surface next to said road. So a whole load of us dug it up, bought the cable, ran it up and into the house.

Another 10 days and Tman comes back and connects YEEHA thinks I we have phone and yes it was working.

SO down to Sur in English to place advert for work - childrens entertainer at the time but thats a whole other story - and sat by the phone.

Sod all happened for 2 weeks before the first call! In the UK I would get 20 odd calls over a weekend when the ad went in.

So it didnt really matter anyway!!!

Oh the good old days!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
13 Apr 2007 4:38 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar

Trench digger, Childrens entertainer, Property magnate - there is just no end to your tallents Rixxi

Like 0      
13 Apr 2007 4:42 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Nope and theres a few more besides I couldnt possible explain on EOS!! 

A gals gotta do what a gals gotta do!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
13 Apr 2007 5:21 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar

I had a few strange careers myself.

Back in the late 70´s I worked as a part-time soft drinks barman in one of Slimming magazines prestigeous health farms (as they were called in those days).

There were loads of celebs there all the time.  One night after all the staff had gone home (10pm) I got fed up of entertaining them with charades and had the night porter go out and buy loads of egg and bacon.  We fired up the kitchens and sold all the starving guests sarnies at 3 quid a time, they loved it and this went on for weeks. Bill the night porter and I trippled our wages every week and the guest weighed out a good 10lbs more than when they arrived much to the bewilderment of the therapists!!

Anyhow, one night I borrowed the staff mini-bus and took about 15 celeb guests to a local night club, they all got rat-ar*sed and filled up with scampi in a basket.  I Got them back at six the next morning and went home.  That night I arrived at work and got fired on the spot... it was Roger Moore who grassed on me!  Won´t play charades with him again., and guess who stood up for me??? Good old Joan Collins, she told my boss she would never go back again unless he re-instated me.  earlier that week I had named a soft drink cocktail in her honour and after that she wouldn´t leave me alone...I always made sure the night porter was around!!

I reckon childrens entertainer is less dangerous than entertaining celebs any day.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | ... | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

problems getting in to see a show apartment - 17 posts
The Market - Bottomed Or still more to come??? - 151 posts
UK qualified teachers in Spain - 6 posts
compensation re builders late completion - 40 posts
Estate Agent Shoots Himself!! - 10 posts
Jay White - 3 posts
Invitation to attend meeting of administrators - 8 posts
contract overdue - 2 posts
Licenses - 8 posts
bank guarantees - 14 posts
Qualifications for Spanish Property Lawyers..interesting find !!!!!!! - 8 posts
Are you receiving the newsletter? - 13 posts
Why does eveyone want to sue me? - 19 posts
Spanish builders. - 2 posts
Balsicas and Sucina - 1 posts
Focus,ITV1,February 13th - 7 posts
Grille & door alarms could be a great deterrant. - 36 posts
For TechnoApe - 0 posts
Furnishing in Duquesa, Manilva - 40 posts
almerimar - 1 posts
Getting British Channels on Spanish TV - 8 posts
Happy Valentine's Day - 23 posts
Punta Marina - 5 posts
SPIRIT OF MOJACAR - 0 posts
HELP - ANY ONE WANT TO OR KNOW ANYONE WHO WOULD RENT OUT A 2 BED APARTMENT FOR OF 4-8 MARCH - MOJACAR/VERA - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 415

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x