Problems with Telefonica internet today

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Feb 2010 9:33 PM by Sunrise Star rating in UK. 417 posts Send private message

Sunrise´s avatar

Foxbat...

I'm on landline and i'm in the UK.

Sunrise

Blog De Sunrise

Like 0      
10 Feb 2010 5:06 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I ordered my landline and adsl from Telefonica on Friday 5th, it was installed on Monday 8th . Pretty impressive I thought!! Download speeds in Puerto Rey of 5.25 Mb/s (yesterday) compared to my connection in the UK of 2Mb/s if i'm lucky!!

Mark

Like 0      
10 Feb 2010 5:36 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Seems as if you and Pitby are the lucky ones then!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
10 Feb 2010 5:47 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

I can say that we had the same speedy service with Telefonica - ordered and installed within about four days (weekend inbetween).  Although they did connect up my neighbour's new installation to my line at one point - so I had a completely different landline number!  BUT I phoned as soon as I found out and it was back to normal by the next morning!!  So, again, can't complain about service really!

Yes, looks like we are the lucky ones, Markfish!!

Like 0      
19 Apr 2010 4:51 PM by nickid Star rating in west midlands brough.... 74 posts Send private message

could someone tell me if you can  just have internet in a property an how much does this cost

Thanks nicki

Like 0      
19 Apr 2010 7:06 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

31.50€ per month with free line installation, adsl activation and free wireless router. Contract length is 12 months for an up to 6MB service. Got ours in Feb and it's great, much better than our UK connection.

Mark

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 12:52 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

You must be one of the lucky ones.  I am contracted for 6MB but I don't often get close to 1MB.

I have complained to Telefonica and it did improve for a while but it's rubbish again.

6 years to internet connection issues...when will it end????

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 9:22 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

IMO, Vodafone are worse. Every time I went to the shop to contract the service, the computer was down. I couldn't speak to anyone as the PAYG customer service line had issues, so I emailed their atencion address in January and got no reply. I then went to the Movistar shop on the Friday afternoon and it was all installed the following Monday. Have to say though, I admire Vodafone's optimism as I received a reply to my January enquiry this week!!!

As it was when I left, the TF connection is 3x better than my UK connection and 10x better than the Iberbanda connection I had. Will check (maybe, possibly, perhaps) when I get out on Friday .

Mark

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 4:53 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Has anyone used Direct Telecom for the ASDL & free national & international phone calls using VOIP?  They have agents like Telefonica in English which runs through Movifresh.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 9:57 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

I am working for BT cocoontelecom, Land line adsl 6 mb if you line will carry and mobiles, switch from telefonica, see www.cocoontelecom.com for costs save around 20%.

Like 0      
22 Apr 2010 4:55 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Has anyone used euphony? I'm not sure talkout has taken over the last time I emailed them.

For only € 39,90 /per month! VAT not included
Up to 3 Mb in GIGAADSL y PAI
* Personal Euphony customer service in Spanish and English
* No Contract Commitment

- you get 600mins free international calls & local & national calls are free.

Like 0      
24 Apr 2010 4:10 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

No problems here today :)

Ping test is a bit off though. Just as well i'm not a gamer!!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Entidad ByeLaws - 1 posts
Iberdrola price rise - 7 posts
Problems with developers - 19 posts
Hola the forum - 0 posts
TELITEC INTERNET - 1 posts
2004 Ford Galaxy For Sale - 1 posts
Disturbing video! - 7 posts
NIE certificate - 4 posts
General Elections In Spain - 2 posts
Contacts - 0 posts
Valencia Formula 1 testing underway - 0 posts
letsinthesun - 2 posts
Business Network Group opening new Group on Thursday 4th Feb, Nueva Andalucia - 0 posts
Flights to Reus - 2 posts
TV recommendations - 2 posts
caja murcia mortgage rates - 2 posts
Property Completed. Hab Cert granted BUT still waiting. - 30 posts
All sound? - 3 posts
Utility areas - 0 posts
Hard to understand. - 4 posts
Disconnection of water supply by the Builder - 2 posts
Shower showrooms Fuengirolla - 1 posts
HD Freeview Box - 2 posts
New (currently free) rental site, they even fill out the details for you!! - 6 posts
polarisworld developers website is down - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 32

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x