For you men out there

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Apr 2007 11:07 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
S'true - cannot deny it I do stay up longer - except maybe Janice and Fibs when they are both fully fighting fit

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
16 Apr 2007 2:52 PM by hudsey Star rating in Hexham, Northumberla.... 120 posts Send private message

hudsey´s avatar

Grangcanyon.  I am a Geordie, not a Northumbrian lass.  Moved to Northumbria 8 years ago.  Born in Felling, just up the road from the Tyne.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2007 3:43 PM by grandcanyon Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

Hi Hudsey

Well if you were born in Felling you are south of the river and a bit too close to being a Macem(not sure how you spell it) .......sorry only teasing.....

At least it looks as though we will get at least 4 points from Sunderland next year whish may improve on the Toon's poor showing this year.

Cheers

Like 0      
16 Apr 2007 5:02 PM by hudsey Star rating in Hexham, Northumberla.... 120 posts Send private message

hudsey´s avatar
Grandcanyon, what is your location in the UK and Spain????

Like 0      
16 Apr 2007 5:12 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2007 5:19 PM by hudsey Star rating in Hexham, Northumberla.... 120 posts Send private message

hudsey´s avatar
Wow, it is a small world.  Hopefully, we will meet up some time.  You looked like you were having fun on the photos you posted. 

Like 0      
16 Apr 2007 5:40 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Grandcanyon

4 points off Sunderland...don't you think you will beat them twice then?

Regards

John

Like 0      
16 Apr 2007 5:42 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
With Keano at the helm reckon the spoils might be distributed differently

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
16 Apr 2007 8:15 PM by grandcanyon Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

Hi everyone.

With the current players they will not beat anyone away from home.

They need to buy at least 5 new players this summer if they are to start winning away from home and having any chance of bing in the top six.

I have lived in Nottingham for the last 15 years after living in the North East previously for all my life, apart from six years in Sydney in my (much) younger days.

We have just completed on an aprtment in Almerimar in Spain.  (Roughly half way between Malaga and Murcia.)

Like 0      
16 Apr 2007 10:31 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Grandcanyon

I think most teams need at least 6 players to improve ...but that's next seasons problems.

We nearly bought 2 years ago in Almerimar from Ocean Estates at a development centred around a man made lake ..near to the coast...cannt remember its name but wondered if you knew it, It was winter time when we went and it seemed very quiet but i supposed its grown since then.

Do you know if the improvements have been completed on the road to Malaga?  It seemed to take forever to drive it, and there was roadworks all the way along.

Regards

John

Like 0      
17 Apr 2007 9:18 AM by grandcanyon Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

Hi JC1

Yes we have bought where you were taken to by Ocean Estates. Its nearing completion; hopefully all finished by the end of this year. The values increased in the first year but now seem to have stagnated. Where have you bought as I'm not that familiar with most of the Costas? We have travelled the world but never went much to that area till we bought so I suppose we should have spent more time looking around.

Its still a quiet area outside the holiday season so I suppose its not for anyone who wants a busy/noisy resort. There are still plenty of developments going on in the port area and once these are completed they will probably have to start moving westwards aalong the coast  as they are right up to a nature reserve on the east side.

The road to Malaga is still being built and is supposed to be ready soon????? but how long that is is anyones' guess. It can still take ages on the non-motorway road; and recently we went about 100K to the west of Almerimar and it took nearly two hours as we keept getting stuck behind lorries travelling at 50kph.

We fly direct into Almeria so it is only a short drive mostly on the motorway. There are some flights into Granada now; Ryanair from East Midlands which we are going to try next time; and the journey takes about two and a bit hours but it is all on motorway.

This message was last edited by grandcanyon on 4/17/2007.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2007 10:03 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Grandcanyon

It looked a lovely development i have to admit but at the time there were no flights into Almeria from Manchester and we didnt fancy the long drive.

What is it called?  I remenber a great golf course nearby a the marina at Almerima was being developed too.

Good Luck

Regards

John

Like 0      
17 Apr 2007 12:54 PM by grandcanyon Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

Hi JC1

At the time we bought there were direct flights from East Midlands but the stopped the following year which sort of spoiled our plans. Can't blame the Spanish for that!!!!

We have been going with Monarch from Birmingham but it generally takes about 50 minutes to get there as against 10 minutes to East Midlands. Monarcg have also started to get expensive as they seem to be pushing up prices as the planes are pretty full.

Ryanair have just started flights from east Midlands to Granada which is what we are going to try soon. It will mean it is easier this end but longer in Spain but we have to see what its like I suppose. Getting ready for the scrum at boarding!!!!!!!!

The development is called Laguna Beach.

Where abouts exactly  in Spain are you?

Cheers

this message was last edited by grandcanyon on 4/17/2007.

This message was last edited by grandcanyon on 4/17/2007.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2007 2:06 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Laguna Beach...remember it well now...wouldn't mind some pics when you have some.

Was the Ocean View rep a young guy called Matt?

We are in place called La Duquesa in Costa Del Sol...about midway between Estepona and Gibraltar..

This message was last edited by JC1 on 4/17/2007.

Regards

John

Like 0      
17 Apr 2007 4:44 PM by grandcanyon Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

You can register for the Laguna Beach development on this site.

There are quite a few photos with the latest ones being from me this week.

Rep was called Alex (Ocean Estates so this was a different co. unless you have made a mistake) and he was ok, believe he is now back in London.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

A note of caution - 10 posts
Military/Service Pensions - 3 posts
Car Trailer For Sale - 2 posts
Alcaidesa - 3 posts
does anyone know.... - 15 posts
Homefirst Properties - 28 posts
Funniest Client Enquiries - 32 posts
My broken fridge freezer!! - 35 posts
Note of Caution - 26 posts
Aircon info needed, please. - 6 posts
Selling homes abroad Channel 4 - 22 posts
Deposit returned - 18 posts
Power of Attorney and Hague Apostille - 27 posts
40 questions! - 11 posts
Do you want items from over 80 UK high street shops ? - 0 posts
Hacienda Requlme Accomodation - 5 posts
Webcams all over Valencia region - 9 posts
Hacienda Requelme - 1 posts
Floor Safes - 15 posts
Car Needed, second hand, preferably Spanish Plates. - 1 posts
Free healthcare in Murcia - 2 posts
vehicle air conditioning - 2 posts
Regarding the Forum help board - 0 posts
Multiple Applicants - 8 posts
New furniture warehouse in Almoradi. - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 95

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x