just a little warning on window tint and ITV

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 May 2010 11:15 PM by bodyworker Star rating in By the Mar menor. 34 posts Send private message

I'm not sure if the itv conforms to anything concrete.

I once took a car to the itv in which two tyres were in my opinion on the limit.  That aside the car was in good order and  I just wanted to get it checked over for any other problems.  Deep down I felt it could fail on poss 1 tyre but I planned to change two tyres anyway.

I was surprised it passed! in the uk I think 1 tyre would have possibly failed 

With my experience I had  tints installed in a car to keep the heat and glare out, I to paid a fair amount of money.

I took the car for the itv to be told fail! because of the tints.  Option only was to take it off and he knew a man who could 'funny that' the tints in question were not black out.

I was a little annoyed about it to say the least, so I  took a gamble and drove to another itv station in another area.  Guess what? it passed...

Conformity, they dont know the meaning

Good luck and happy driving

Like 0      
15 May 2010 12:20 AM by simply screens Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Bodyworker

Your right  and I totally agree, ITV stations are very hit and miss and I think it depends on the mood the mechanic is in as to whether a border-line car passes or fails. I've heard people say their English tinted cars have passed ITV's for years, others have not been so lucky, especially with the police, so it's definately not a black and white area.  But if you want your car tinted it is always recommended to have all the paperwork to go with it to remove any worries or future trouble.

Keep on keeping on.

Adam

Like 0      
20 May 2011 8:16 AM by chordiant Star rating in La Torre Golf Resort.... 40 posts Send private message

chordiant´s avatar

Having fallen foul of this Tint malarky in the past few months, I think I can add to this - albeit, year old - discussion.

Window tinting and the ITV can be a minefield.

In essence, NO level of tint is allowed forward of the 'B' pillar i.e. the driver and passenger side windows and windscreen. Rearwards of the 'B' pillar you can do what the hell you like - 100% total blackout if that is your bag. BUT, it has to be done by a Spanish Tinter and have the sticker (between film and glass) AND certificate stating that the tinting complies with the regulations.

If the vehicle has come out of the factory with tinted glass (no film), then that is OK as the vehicle is already homologated.

Like 0      
15 Aug 2012 8:58 PM by mobailey Star rating in San Cayetano. 461 posts Send private message

mobailey´s avatar

When we first came over to Spain we had a grand voyager with tinted windows we had it put on to spanish plates with out any problems.  Later we had a Ford Tounero with tinted windows again it want thougth its ITV without any problems.  

Mo&Bryan www.bryansblinds.com &  www.discovercostacalida.info Why not see if can we help  

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Charging to make contact with EOS, whatever next? - 1 posts
smoking banned inside at end of the year! - 61 posts
How do you remove old posts from community forums? - 4 posts
Satellite receiver from Aldi - 2 posts
Rental Advice Please - 5 posts
Spanish property pessimist gets a surprise - 4 posts
What's puerto banus llike? - 3 posts
Brits rip off Brits - 5 posts
Community wi- fi - 0 posts
How difficult is it to respect a customer's privacy? - 0 posts
La Tercia Real Deposit Refund - Don't Give In! - 8 posts
Marks & Spencer - 12 posts
What has happened to my profile? - 0 posts
Telefonica nightmare - 9 posts
Driving to Spain for Xmas - 4 posts
Gardens of Manilva - 1 posts
Switching to interest only mortgage - 3 posts
Thanks, Justin! (for Chickens) - 4 posts
WiFi hotspots - 12 posts
15 years for a claim - 0 posts
Bankers Guarantee with Polaris World. - 22 posts
Calling an EGM - 4 posts
Keeping order on a Community - 6 posts
ID cards for non-Spaniards? - 5 posts
Personal Trainer - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x