Glitches with New broadband connection...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Oct 2009 12:00 AM by musicdonna Star rating in Near Huercal-Overa, .... 250 posts Send private message

Help!  The nice Telitec man has just put in a wireless router enabling us to get BB for the first time.  My computer is working perfectly with a fast connection, Andy's has downloaded updates but won't download any web pages.  Does anyone have any ideas?  The signal is really strong.  Thank you, Donna PS We are both running AVG 

Donna

www.learntodo.co.uk (site for artists of all levels!)

Like 0      
30 Oct 2009 10:38 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Things to check

Internet security settings

Firewall settings

Check for viruses

Network connections settings (domain)  (TCP/IP)

Try pinging the router

It could be a corrupt windows and /or network driver  file, which may require a reinstall

You could try system restore to a period when you had a connection

Good luck

just found this on the internet which more or less sums up what I said above. Its actually for virgen dial up, but it does cover how to check the above

http://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/troubleshooting/cant-connect.php

This message was last edited by philevans on 30/10/2009.

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
31 Oct 2009 10:29 AM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

You could try the "windows remote desktop" utility.  If you know someone who is computer savvy it is possible for them to take control of your computer remotely and assist in sorting out your problem.  But in the 1st instance I would try phoning Telitec and get them to sort your problem out - they will probably use the above method(after all that has got to be part of their service towards you and what you are paying for!!!).  But I do think that the problem is with your Firewall settings not allowing access to the web.

Good luck

Like 0      
31 Oct 2009 2:01 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

What brand of router is it? What flavour of Windows is Andy using? Has the encryption been entered correctly? (i.e.. is he trying to connect with WPA2 while your encryption is WPA? I have found with my router that my Son's pc won't connect on a wireless channel less than 6 and the Netbook won't connect on anything above channel 11.

Mark

Like 0      
31 Oct 2009 2:58 PM by musicdonna Star rating in Near Huercal-Overa, .... 250 posts Send private message

Thanks so much to all those who took the trouble to reply to me.  We tried all lots of things, but eventually Telitec got back in touch with Andy and told him to change his DNS to automatic and that seemed to have done the trick.  So I now have a Happy Husband and am going off to sort some lunch and then off to Mr Bricolaje at Crevillente!!  Thank you again,  Donna 

Donna

www.learntodo.co.uk (site for artists of all levels!)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

comments welcome.................................. - 8 posts
I RECOMMEND - Shave Saves - 0 posts
Moving to Andalucia - 0 posts
FOR SALE : VW TOUAREG 4X4 - 0 posts
How to transfer small sums of money to spanish bank account - 23 posts
Quality Spanish Builders in Olvera - 0 posts
Driving to Manilva - 9 posts
residency cedrtificate - 1 posts
Cuban Entertainment Required - 0 posts
If my mum is on benefits can she claim in Spain....???? - 3 posts
CAR FOR SALE - Vauxhall Vectra - 0 posts
All packed and ready for the off! - 13 posts
'I Recommend' .. new thread needed? - 9 posts
new law about buying a car in spain - 30 posts
How to embed a youtube video in a blog post - 2 posts
Real Madrid beaten 4-0 by pub team - 0 posts
Swimming pool liquid leak sealer - 3 posts
Spanish car subsidy - 2 posts
Spanish Car subsidy - 1 posts
worked wanted - 2 posts
Scooter Wanted. - 1 posts
working as a childminder in la nucia - 1 posts
What do i need to register kids in school in Malaga? Where do i go? - 5 posts
electric and water suppliers in Olvera Andulcia - 0 posts
4 conditions to pay 0 € for IHT in Andalucia - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x