Swimming pool liquid leak sealer

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Oct 2009 12:00 AM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

When we bought our villa here in Albatera, it came along with the usual sort of problems that the vendors forgot to tell us about, this was three years ago.

One of the main problems was a suspected leak in the swimming pool. We signed in the December so the pool was covered with it's winter cover, we didn't find any problem until the next April when we found the pool was loosing water about a tile a day then. 

The pool was only about 3 years old at the time, so I went to the pool builder to see about the 10 year warranty. I won't mention the name but they have a show room very close to Icelend in Torrevieja. Of course, they declared the warranty was not valid now the villa had been sold, quite normal I suppose!!!

Well it was now down to me to find the leak, over the last three years, plenty of digging, new pipe fitting etc, the leak reduced to about half a tile a day.

The other week I was talking with a friend from Torremendo who had also suffered pool leaks which were worse than mine, he had used some pool sealer he had bought from a local store and it had worked.

Last week I bought 2 x1 litre bottles for my 10x5 metre pool, it wasn't cheap, about 45 euro a bottle.Followed the instructions and It worked, now no leak at all.

So, if you think your pool is leaking, before you call the pool guy and pay lot's of dinero, try leak sealer first, you can get it at most pool shops. It is called Leak Sealer or Stop Leak

Like 2      
12 Apr 2016 7:18 AM by Macksmith Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Yeah!!!! i was also dealing with same problem regarding pool leakage then my friend inform me about Pool Leak Repair service ,they are professionals experts and are best in their work.

Like 0      
13 Apr 2016 2:03 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Mr Kevin,

Thanks for your post. 

I have a small leak that I thought at first was evaporation, but has continued throughout the winter.

So interested by your post and grateful for your comment - does the pool leak fixer not block up the filtration?  Or is this avoided within the procedure you mentioned?

Like 0      
13 Apr 2016 4:04 PM by JuliaStein Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

JuliaStein´s avatar

My family have recently bought a small villa with small pool and faced the same problem. But they spent almost all their money on purchase and now I'm not sure they have money for professional repair. Can you advice som service with low prices? 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish car subsidy - 2 posts
Spanish Car subsidy - 1 posts
worked wanted - 2 posts
Scooter Wanted. - 1 posts
working as a childminder in la nucia - 1 posts
What do i need to register kids in school in Malaga? Where do i go? - 5 posts
electric and water suppliers in Olvera Andulcia - 0 posts
4 conditions to pay 0 € for IHT in Andalucia - 13 posts
11 months can be a permanent rental contract - 3 posts
Promise of Mortgage Re-payments Reduced - 10 posts
Need as much info about living in Costa Del Sol - want to make friends! - 3 posts
Mobility Scooter - 0 posts
H2O/Countrywide Terracaz de Alcucin problem - 0 posts
Status of Spanish nationals who have not paid into SS system - 7 posts
Bohemian Bankruptcy - 0 posts
Georgia might know the answer to this - 5 posts
A few hours a week?....... - 2 posts
TV for sale - 1 posts
Marlows Fish n Chips, Duquesa - 25 posts
Why have posts been given exotic titles? - 2 posts
Karaoke Player - 0 posts
FILM BOOK Collection FOR SALE - 0 posts
CD Collection FOR SALE - 0 posts
advice appreciated - 4 posts
Toldos/awnings - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x