Estate Agents Commission

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Oct 2010 10:45 PM by MexMaya Star rating. 30 posts Send private message

Roy - I totally agree with you about inflated commissions, as for your other comments, can I ask, are you an Agent?

So what do you think this Agent should have done then Roy - forced him to sign a form saying that the properties arranged for the viewing day meet his spec?  Do you know how much clients change their spec when they see the reality?  Do you know how unreaslitic client expectations are for their budget?  Do you know how many clients look in several provinces these days, for the best bargain etc.........its like a Manchester Agent competing with a  London or Devon Agent!!!!!  What happens when it gets to lunchtime and clients want to eat?  do you force them to pay their own bill?  Exactly how without being rude?

Do you know how many genuine professional Agents despair of the bar room experts and the rip off sharks (MRI anyone?) ?

5% is realistic and reasonable given the volume of work done per sale and the proper marketing and advertising costs.......and most that I know have had to reduce a lot to secure a deal...also do you know how much Agents lose in unpaid commissions from builders?  A survey done got up to several million euros in a one year period.........

Like 1      
11 Nov 2014 4:21 PM by Doylie45 Star rating in Campo near Trabuco. 5 posts Send private message

Doylie45´s avatar

They can keep the 5% commissions and dodgy deals. We have just started our own self help group with a Blog, Youtube channel and Facebook group as well as making adverts etc. You can join us if you wish, its free.

Post to facebook any time, there is limited space on the Blog but try your luck, send your photos, details, contacts and price, time permitting, the property will get put on the site.

Time to get things done ourselves. Please join us and cut out these charlatans.

Doyie45

This message was last edited by Doylie45 on 11/11/2014.

This message was last edited by Doylie45 on 11/11/2014.

Like 2      
12 Nov 2014 8:41 AM by Doylie45 Star rating in Campo near Trabuco. 5 posts Send private message

Doylie45´s avatar

I got a thumbs down? Must be an estate agent that can see into the future. Our little group will spawn more little groups, if and when we achive our aim, that is, selling our own properties here in Spain, I will map out what we did and hopefully, this will help others to do the same.

Like 2      
12 Nov 2014 8:56 AM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

I recently sacked an estate agent in the UK who had continued to give me very bad advice on the sale of a house split into two apartments. Out of the blue came a call from another agent who I had previous dealings with, he told me that he had a builder in his little book who might just be interested, the builder was interested and all the sale cost me was 1% + VAT, no adversising, no brochures. no energy certificate, no sale board.

I wouldn't mind paying 10% if the agent covered their charges by achieving a far higher sale price than expected, but all they do is sit on their backsides waiting for their 5%, good look to you with your project. yes

This message was last edited by crookesey on 12/11/2014.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
12 Nov 2014 10:40 AM by Conchi Star rating. 49 posts Send private message

surpriseWow, there are a lot of Agents on here. I have never let an Agent latch on to me and drag me round totally unsuitable properties. I have booked to view my choice and that is it. It is partly their fault that they have large petrol costs as they have property on their books over a wide area instead of targeting locally.

Having said that I have never managed to sell Spanish property without an Agent. All we ever got was time-wasters and downright scammers. So Doylie, I have given you a like for the idea but it won't be easy.

Like 1      
12 Nov 2014 1:10 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar

Crookesy it is illegal to sell or rent a property in the UK without an energy certificate 

Like 0      
12 Nov 2014 3:23 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Scubamike,

Just realised, the agent that I sacked must have arranged one, the agent that I ended up using must have looked on the Energy Certificate Register, as he definitely didn't mention it to me.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
28 Mar 2016 6:25 PM by louiseD Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi,seen as there is a lot of agents here,I have a question for you all,we recently sold a property and took a huge cut in the price, because of numerous reasons, we sold back to Spaniards... I'm interested again but I think with the way Spain is now should I go in with a very low offer?:: also we got a letter from the bank back in the beginning to say that we bought to cheap and had to pay a tax of a few thousand for I think 5 years? ...so is that likely to be the same if I was to get a cheap house...

Like 0      
10 Jun 2016 5:02 PM by jaslol Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

BEWARE!! when using Janssens & Partners Estate Agency in Aspe!!!

We sold our house in Aspe in 2015 with Alex Janssens, we went to the Notary paid ALL of our bills in FULL, 10 days after signing & paying out vast sums of money for his fee of 10,000.00€, a Water Bill of 6,953.78€, etc, etc we received a bill from him stating we still owed a Water Bill of 2,701.88€ dating back to 1976, I was 9 years old then & never even travelled to Spain!

He kept our 7.200€, the 3% Tax which we had to claim back, we were told that he would not submit our Form 210 to claim back our 7.200€ unless we paid this bill which wasn't even ours!!!

I think this in the UK is called blackmail!!!!

We used a reputable & very professional Solicitor who succesfully claimed back our 7,200.00€ which we received today!!!!!

I would advise against anybody using this agency due to their underhanded & unethical methods which caused us many, many hours of worry & Stress!.

The sad thing is we classed Alex as a friend and business associate, we feel totally let down by him having known him for over 8 years!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Quality Cast Iron Woodburners in Spain ? - 1 posts
Message for "Ken" - 5 posts
Traditional Spanish Antique Furniture Auctions/ shops ? - 0 posts
Of interest for anyone living in Alicante or Murcia regions and wanting an interesting day out! - 0 posts
Gas Heater - 3 posts
Double sofa bed - 0 posts
Marin dor off plan in Tamesna morocco - 40 posts
Breach Of Contract - 1 posts
Swimming Pool Pump for Sale - 0 posts
Villa with large garden wanted for long term rental - 5 posts
Corvera Airport - 2 posts
17 and 18, we want to move to spain, help!? - 10 posts
Any Advice please ?! - 1 posts
Debt Termination Incorporation - 0 posts
Moving to Spain - 1 posts
Daytime home needed for fantastically friendly Weimaraner dog - 2 posts
Marks and Spencer Locations - 2 posts
Moving to Spain & I sell console accessories on markets in the UK. How hard is it to get on the Spainish markets - 6 posts
TEORIA IMPOSICIÓN DIRECTA (DERECHO FISCAL) - 3 posts
Linda P - 0 posts
Non Resident mortgages are available - 7 posts
Brighten your day - 0 posts
Reccomended Dentist in Catral - 2 posts
MOTORBIKE FOR SALE - 0 posts
Owners in debt - Can tenants still use community facilities? - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 51

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x