Traditional Spanish Antique Furniture Auctions/ shops ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Oct 2009 12:00 AM by Si`s partner Star rating in WEYBRIDGE , Surrey U.... 60 posts Send private message

Hi all fellow EOS amigos !

As some may already have heard Si and I are hoping to purchase a lovely old Traditional Spanish Townhouse in Olvera , no date, Si is going in early Nov  to look at what I found ! As ever I am ahead of myself but no harm in being prepared I say !!

WHEN its ours ( hope it is) and we have managed to get it  reformed , you know usual stuff, new roofs , plumbing . elecs etc etc EVERYTHING!!  we will then start to look at furnishing the place and we have always liked the old Antigue stuff and are hoping some one knows where to go that is not too far away to ferret around , is there any where similair to Clinicort in Paris , the eqv` possibly in Seville?

We also will need to find a very good window and door maker, again all traditional style , in dark stained wood , the windows need to be dble glazed with the opening shutters on the inside , have seen some lovely examples with the most fab small brass catches etc but no idea who made them or where they came from!!

As you have gathered we are in  the less is best school , we also would love to hear of any Spanish builders who have a good eye for detail and a sympatico feeling for older houses , we sure ain`t going to turn THIS one into some form of UK suburban semi in Croydon, that why we are so happy to find a place un- spoilt by some naff on drugs who has tiled the place top to bottom and ripped out whatever charm and feeling it had , oh the upset , you see a place that looks lovely only to go inside and it looks just like an estate house in Mitcham , you know the kind of thing , why oh why do they do it ?!!! Then one is expected to love it too and be actually WILLING to pay for all that hideious tat and taste which would cost a fortune to rip out and redo !!

Anyway ,we have seen that Sikkens Wood stains and paint are no available in Spain , its brilliant stuff for wood , it sinks right into the wood with anti rot , sealant and waterproof and only needs redoing every 6-7 years , we used it in Devon , so easy to recoat, no rubbing down and all that carry on , and soooo much nicer than those awful white UPVC windows and doors which we notice sadly are being put into a lot of the older houses , it reduces the value and the look , especially when behind lovely old window grills, anyway, enough waffling, if anyone knows who and where, in or near Olvera please get in touch , am trying to track down traditional style  wash basins sinks taps  etc , any  help and info  greatfully received!! Thanks to all, will keep up the progress reports and start my own blog when I find the time!! Kind Regards    Vee ( Si`s Partner )!!

This message was last edited by Si`s partner on 23/10/2009.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Of interest for anyone living in Alicante or Murcia regions and wanting an interesting day out! - 0 posts
Gas Heater - 3 posts
Double sofa bed - 0 posts
Marin dor off plan in Tamesna morocco - 40 posts
Breach Of Contract - 1 posts
Swimming Pool Pump for Sale - 0 posts
Villa with large garden wanted for long term rental - 5 posts
Corvera Airport - 2 posts
17 and 18, we want to move to spain, help!? - 10 posts
Any Advice please ?! - 1 posts
Debt Termination Incorporation - 0 posts
Moving to Spain - 1 posts
Daytime home needed for fantastically friendly Weimaraner dog - 2 posts
Marks and Spencer Locations - 2 posts
Moving to Spain & I sell console accessories on markets in the UK. How hard is it to get on the Spainish markets - 6 posts
TEORIA IMPOSICIÓN DIRECTA (DERECHO FISCAL) - 3 posts
Linda P - 0 posts
Non Resident mortgages are available - 7 posts
Brighten your day - 0 posts
Reccomended Dentist in Catral - 2 posts
MOTORBIKE FOR SALE - 0 posts
Owners in debt - Can tenants still use community facilities? - 5 posts
Free Parking at Malaga airport - 2 posts
Property inland Costa Brava - 0 posts
Cruelty to animals - 25 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x