spanish mobile phones

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Oct 2009 12:00 AM by cooberpedy Star rating. 91 posts Send private message

cooberpedy´s avatar

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, I have tried searching but have become totally bogged down by all the threads.

when i am in spain  i use a spanish mobile phone with movistar (amena) it is a PAYG phone and I always top it up as soon as I arrive.   Everyone will know that in Spain, the top up and balance on the phone is only valid for a period of 6 months; after that the phone can only be used for emergency phone calls  and any balance on it is forfeit.

my question is:  is there any way from the  uk that I can top up my phone in spain ( I leave it at our apartment) as unfortunately I shall not be able to get to spain within the 6 months.

I

Like 0      
17 Oct 2009 8:34 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Hi Cooberpedy

I actually tried this last year when I was in the UK and asked in acouple of mobile shops (one of them Orange, as I believe Amena is now Orange, although I may be wrong) and was told that it wasn't possible.

The only way I've been able to top up when I was not here, was to ask someone here to top it up!

Like 0      
17 Oct 2009 10:58 AM by TheBabyHireCentre Star rating in In between the two a.... 48 posts Send private message

TheBabyHireCentre´s avatar

You can top up moviestar PAYG mobiles easily and instantly from their website with a credit/debit card: www.moviestar.es

You need to goto 'Canal Cliente'  then 'Recarga tu Tarjeta', enter the details in the lower right of the next screen then hit 'acceptar'.

Like 0      
17 Oct 2009 11:02 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi

I'm sure you can top up online at  www.orange.es

Like 0      
17 Oct 2009 11:15 AM by valverde Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

If you are with Bancaja you can do it online from your account.

Like 0      
17 Oct 2009 4:54 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

That's good to know - although two things:

1.  Can you top up an Orange mobile on the movistar.es website?  (Not moviestar.es - this is a different site)

2.  The link to top-up online at the orange.es website has come up with a security issue when I've linked to it, using both Firefox and IE.  Has anyone else encountered that?  I wouldn't like to top up online, using a credit card, using an insecure site!! 

But as I would like to know  (as it would be really handy when travelling), I'm going to check with Orange in Spain and shall revert back!!

Edited to say:  have just been online with Banco de Andalucia and you can also top up there!  Great!  I never knew that!  Maybe you can top up your mobile from most Spanish banks, if you have an account here? 

This message was last edited by Pitby on 17/10/2009.

Like 0      
17 Oct 2009 10:59 PM by Hammersfan Star rating in Body in Essex, Heart.... 160 posts Send private message

If you have Spanish internet banking you can almost certainly top up via that route. I always top up my vodafone mobile via my "La Caixa" online account.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2010 8:56 AM by vetri Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Spam **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 25/08/2010.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

RESIDENCIA AND NIE - 0 posts
community charges for special repairs - help needed. - 3 posts
FRACTIONAL OWNERSHIP - 14 posts
HPA section 9.4 Contribution to expenses - 12 posts
5 door CAR WANTED - 2 posts
Any recommendations for Aguilas. - 1 posts
HPA section 7 - 1 posts
cheap housing wanted - 1 posts
British to Spanish Driving licence- Alicante Region, Orihuela/Elche area - 23 posts
Help Needed - 7 posts
property management company wanted - 3 posts
legal Help - 0 posts
Mobile Home Transport ALbir - Alfaz del PI - 1 posts
Fernando del Valle - 2 posts
Long term rental - 0 posts
Solar Batteries deep cycle 12V 200AH + solar panels NEW - 0 posts
Capital gains Tax Question? - 1 posts
Motorbiking in Andalucia - 4 posts
Spanish Mortgages - 1 posts
Overseas Pensions Department..... - 5 posts
Seat Ibiza 1998 1.9 Diesel for sale - 0 posts
Bar Elite - Almoradi - 4 posts
Spain Non residents pay less for capital gains on savings - 0 posts
Andalusian government´s help to buy properties in the region! - 1 posts
Martes y trece...unlucky for some - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x