Complaints book for airlines?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Sep 2009 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

As businesses in Spain are supposed to provide a complaints book, does that apply for UK airlines operating from a Spanish airport? For example, if you receive bad service/ a bad experience whilst travelling to Spain, can you ask for the book on arrival? Would you have to fill it in in arrivals? How would you do it if the airline's office was closed?

Thanks

Mark

Like 0      
28 Sep 2009 9:07 PM by TheBabyHireCentre Star rating in In between the two a.... 48 posts Send private message

TheBabyHireCentre´s avatar

It would certainly be a weighty tome!

Interesting Q though...

Like 0      
28 Sep 2009 9:25 PM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

Yes, and I can imagine the size of the queue!

Like 0      
28 Sep 2009 11:16 PM by TheBabyHireCentre Star rating in In between the two a.... 48 posts Send private message

TheBabyHireCentre´s avatar

Perhaps you could pay extra for a 'Speedy complaint'.

Like 0      
28 Sep 2009 11:58 PM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

Fast tracked but only pay with an Electron Card.

Like 0      
29 Sep 2009 12:30 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

The answer should be yes. Any business in another country trading here in Spain would have to set up a surcursal (branch) legally. In which case they are bound by local laws taxes, employment etc and would have to have such a book

I also believe they have to state their opening hours prominently outside the premises. 

If they are closed you can report this to the police to make an official complaint for them to investigate.

The only issue I can see is that the complaint wuld have to be where the contract is deemed to have been made, so if you bought the ticket online in the UK then it would be under UK law, no point complaining here but when you got back you would lodge it in the UK.

If you bought the ticket from the kiosk at Malaga ariport for example, then I would think its deemed to have been made here in Spain.

But then again if its a predominantly UK company and they only have an admin branch here you would probably have to go via HQ!

Good luck!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

IBI Tax withou License of firrst occupation - 11 posts
club mana san javier - 1 posts
is VIPS going downhill? - 0 posts
No More Fresh Cooked School Dinners in Andalucia - 0 posts
No More Fresh Cooked School Dinners in Andalucia - 2 posts
Alicia de Larrocha R.I.P. - 0 posts
Quickie about non chip and pin bank cards... - 2 posts
Aldea Advisors - 139 posts
Do you know my Grandad? Please look :) - 8 posts
Corredor - 0 posts
Surname spelt wrong on - 0 posts
Money back to UK - 1 posts
Aifos - 0 posts
New charges fro BA - 2 posts
Control of the Community (Entity) - 15 posts
Fine for not submitting modelo 212 in time ? whose fault? - 3 posts
Part time virtual receptionist easily combined with another job at the computer - 0 posts
What Now - 0 posts
Yamaha Keyboard Repairs? - 0 posts
Scooter insurance - 1 posts
The price of building a villa in Spain - help please - 2 posts
Spanish Limited Company - 2 posts
To the EOS Team?? - 1 posts
To the EOS Team?? - 0 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers lead the way in communicating with their clients - 96 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x