6 month stepping stone............any suggestions ?? please help !!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Aug 2009 12:00 AM by gigglymushroom Star rating in stavanger Norway. 21 posts Send private message

Hello, im hoping for some info please.

we are from the uk currently in Norway. we have been told at short notice that my husbands contract could end in November.we are shocked as we moved here for a permanent job,long term contract and we have not been here for 1 year yet.

we were in the process of  looking to move out to spain befor we took the position in Norway,so here I am again following my dream.

We would be looking to rent for the first 6 months and as my husband will be away working I would need to be in walking distance to shops, transport,social activities etc I dont have a driving licience could i take a driving test in spain ?. we have 4 children 14,10,5 and 4.I will home school them for this time unless there is a school we could attend.

Could anyone offer advice and location,best place to look for property and my dog( labradore aged 10,dignified old lady,causes no trouble) has a pet passport but will i have a problem renting a property?  etc or anything else i need to know,my head is spinning having to move so fast.

thank you so much in advance. xx giggly xx

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 10:04 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Giggly, I am offering some comments below in bold green ( same text as your email):

Hello, im hoping for some info please.

we are from the uk currently in Norway. we have been told at short notice that my husbands contract could end in November.we are shocked as we moved here for a permanent job,long term contract and we have not been here for 1 year yet.

we were in the process of  looking to move out to spain befor we took the position in Norway,so here I am again following my dream.

We would be looking to rent for the first 6 months and as my husband will be away working I would need to be in walking distance to shops, transport,social activities etc I dont have a driving licience could i take a driving test in spain ?.  Yes, you of course can.  You can both take classes and get the exam in English.we have 4 children 14,10,5 and 4.I will home school them for this time unless there is a school we could attend.

Could anyone offer advice and location,best place to look for property and my dog( labradore aged 10,dignified old lady,causes no trouble) has a pet passport but will i have a problem renting a property? It will depend on the owner: some allow pets and some do not. There is no legal prohibition of this of course.  etc or anything else i need to know,my head is spinning having to move so fast.

Good luck ane please keep us posted!

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 22/08/2009.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
23 Aug 2009 11:43 AM by thenightmare Star rating in Formentera Del Segur.... 38 posts Send private message

Hi giggly

Have a look at Formentera Del Segura on the costa blanca it is a great little village. It fits all the all your critera shops bars  and lots of places to walk the dog 15 min by car to the nearest beach at Guardamar.

Brian

Like 0      
24 Aug 2009 12:12 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hi gigglymushroom,

I would suggest that you hop on a plane and visit some areas before you move, as some are cheaper to live in than others.

Also, when it comes to work, you should think about what you and your husband can find near to the area where you will be living.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
24 Aug 2009 2:05 PM by gigglymushroom Star rating in stavanger Norway. 21 posts Send private message

Thank everyone for all the advice.

I will be moving alone and not working as I will be with the children.My usband works off shore, so neither of us are looking for a job in spain. This is really a stepping stone as we have to leave our rented house and job in Norway so soon.We only intend to be in spain for around 6 month until we get relocated in another country.

I will be home schooling the children but hope to find  local spanish lessons for myself and our 4 children.

We cant afford flights for 6 twice between now and November as we did not plan on this happening to us so I am unable to come over to look around areas befor we decide.

thanks again x

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Have I done something wrong?? - 4 posts
Off-plans that never get off the ground....but not in Spain! - 0 posts
cam online banking - 4 posts
Inhertitance tax on home - 1 posts
Catastral value - 0 posts
Turned off street lights - 5 posts
Community start up - 2 posts
FOR SALE - 2003 Citroen C3 Pluriel 1.4 Convertible - 0 posts
Any quiet islands in Spain - 3 posts
scanning and translating a letter - 1 posts
Advice on importing household goods - 3 posts
torresatalit tv info? - 6 posts
landline - 5 posts
Weather Alicante beginning of October? - 4 posts
Probably stupid question bout Ryan air and departing different airports - 12 posts
Ryanair returning to Valencia - 1 posts
minimum wage - 2 posts
second hand private sale what to do ???????? - 2 posts
Above ground pool........ - 1 posts
Pocket dragon collectors??????? - 5 posts
Great Healthcare in Almeria - 2 posts
Channel 5 changes... - 0 posts
Hertz Car Hire - 1 posts
Consequence of lack of business Insurance - 2 posts
Long term rental - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x