Any quiet islands in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Aug 2009 12:00 AM by lemmy5 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi There,

Can anyone recommend any quaint Spanish islands where the roads are less manic as I have just passed my test in the UK and  could not  cope with the mayhem of driving through busy Spanish roads.  I am looking for somewhere with quiet roads and beautiful scenery.  Does anyone know of such a place?

Like 0      
21 Aug 2009 12:11 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Lemmy, Menorca is very attractive & consists of one main road the length of the island with roads cutting across it. We were there a few years ago & took a wrong turn off the main road so turned round & got back on the main road. There was nothing on it. A few miles along the road my husband suddenly realised he'd got back onto the main road on the left side & was driving on the wrong side of the road ! Thankfully he realised & moved across.

BUT If you've just passed your test you may find it difficult to rent a car, check the small print. For instance Carjet renting from Mahon airport, Menorca, insist on min age 25 & with min 2 yrs driving licence experience.

Like 0      
21 Aug 2009 11:53 AM by cazzy Star rating in Inland Andalucia. 180 posts Send private message

Why don't you try Inland Andalucia, it's not an Island but very quiet, hardly any traffic!!!!!

Like 0      
21 Aug 2009 1:39 PM by lemmy5 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks to both of you...I will certainly bear these two places in mind.  I don't live too far away from you Morerosado, I am also situated   in the South of England.  Lovely part of the country but sadly, it doesn't have the beautiful Spanish climate :-)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

scanning and translating a letter - 1 posts
Advice on importing household goods - 3 posts
torresatalit tv info? - 6 posts
landline - 5 posts
Weather Alicante beginning of October? - 4 posts
Probably stupid question bout Ryan air and departing different airports - 12 posts
Ryanair returning to Valencia - 1 posts
minimum wage - 2 posts
second hand private sale what to do ???????? - 2 posts
Above ground pool........ - 1 posts
Pocket dragon collectors??????? - 5 posts
Great Healthcare in Almeria - 2 posts
Channel 5 changes... - 0 posts
Hertz Car Hire - 1 posts
Consequence of lack of business Insurance - 2 posts
Long term rental - 0 posts
Buying Currency for US holiday - 3 posts
Bahia de Casares - 2 posts
Communal pool - 11 posts
Items for sale due to move to UK - 14 posts
Opening a bank account - 8 posts
Marbella uk key management services. - 0 posts
Pay as you go Broadband - 39 posts
Multi lingual forum - 11 posts
New property management service we hold the key - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x