Trying to book a holiday rental online, not a good experience.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Aug 2009 10:30 AM by jane b Star rating in Bedar, Almeria. 222 posts Send private message

jane b´s avatar

Hi Kevin.  Busy weekend .  sorry for delay. have sent pm.

Jane

www.fincalaserenidad.com

Like 0      
16 Sep 2009 6:04 PM by joanniemac Star rating. 241 posts Send private message

Hi, Just like to ask why people who rent out their properties charge for cleaning and laundry? Would it not be better just to increase the rent? I for one would not rent anywhere that added these on to the cost of the rental. Would you pay for cleaning and laundry in Britian? Cheers Joanniemac

Like 0      
16 Sep 2009 6:12 PM by jane b Star rating in Bedar, Almeria. 222 posts Send private message

jane b´s avatar

I personally think the cleaning should be included as it can't be optional - you need to clean between lets regardless of how clean a property may appear to be, and in my experience the difference between a 'clean' clean and a clean where things are not left in a very good state is only about 20% in terms of time, unless we are talking VERY bad.

However it is quite common in Spain for Spanish clients to bring their own linen and towels in order to get a better price.  Obviously they come by car so it is not a problem for them.  I have had sheets and towels as an optional extra many times in French gîtes as well.

www.fincalaserenidad.com

Like 0      
16 Sep 2009 6:13 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

We include cleaning and laundry for 2 persons or 1 bed in our prices, unless the rental is less than 7 nights when it is payable by the guest on arrival. If the rental is for more than 2 persons or the bed and sofa bed are requested, there is also an extra laundry surcharge which is added by our keyholders and passed on to the guests.

Mark

Like 0      
23 Oct 2009 9:53 AM by spaniola Star rating in Jaen. 22 posts Send private message

I too own a holiday home inland and always reply to emails within 24 hours usually a lot less. It can be very frustrating answering enquiries and never hearing again but when I look to rent somewhere I always choose 2 or  3, maybe more and probably email at least 3 so why should I expect my potential customers to do otherwise?

Rachel

www.andalucia-for-holidays.com/Casa-Rural-El-Reguelo.html

Like 0      
04 Nov 2009 9:47 PM by Homefinder Star rating in Moraira. 36 posts Send private message

Homefinder´s avatar

I am a rental agent based in Moraira (Costa Blanca).

This whole thread seems to be about booking a holiday with an owners-direct advertising site and I would ask what is wrong with renting through a licensed agency. I never leave an enquiry unanswerd for more than a few hours, even at weekends. If I cannot suite the customer for any reason I also try to help by offering another agency.

However, this works both ways. I find that I only even get a response back for around 20% of those who enquire with me - except for regular clients who always respond - even if you don't like what I offered and have booked elsewhere.

Homefinder

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Vehicle import tax - 7 posts
Spanish courses in Valencia?? - 1 posts
spanish Courses in Valencia?? - 3 posts
Do I need a license to rent out my apartment? Valencia region - 22 posts
help required - 2 posts
% Spanish Property Drop Since Sept 2008 - 1 posts
Ban on 'Speedos'.................. - 11 posts
TAPAS RECOMMENDATIONS - 0 posts
Wealth Tax Help!! - 7 posts
New Post Alerts - 8 posts
I love lidl - 2 posts
This made me laugh - 8 posts
Apostille and Embassy Legalization on Buying Property - 4 posts
More flights to Spain for those of us Oop North!! - 3 posts
Power of atturney - 1 posts
Villa in Benalmadena/La Carihuela - 4 posts
Moving to spain in 9 months - 12 posts
SELLING AND CHANGING OWNERSHIP OF SPANISH CAR - 2 posts
Moving to Madrid..but don't have a clue! - 1 posts
Help! The grout in my pool is going black! - 4 posts
Buying a spanish reg car before moving to spain - 15 posts
Building Insurance wiht Mapfre - 7 posts
Parking at Marbella Bus Station - 4 posts
Blogs - 4 posts
german shepherd type dog looking for home in Cadiz - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 26

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x