Question about NIE number

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by glennhambling Star rating in Norwich and San Pedr.... 23 posts Send private message

When I bought my property 4 years ago I went to collect my official NIE number. When I was given it I noticed that due to some kind of admin error the wrong address was printed under my name. I queried it but was told "No problemo". I have not done anything about it since.

Is this going to cause me a problem at anytime in the future? 

Like 0      
27 Jul 2009 6:47 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

Well, while inconvenient, it is the number that is the really important thing, in my opinion and experience.

It may well be, that if you try to have it amended, it might be replaced with the green A4 sheet, which is used in conjuction with your passport nowadays. All a bit of a nuisance.

P.S. I just noticed you mentioned it was collected 4 years ago. My N.I.E. card expired after 4 years anyway!!

pilgrim

Like 0      
27 Jul 2009 9:35 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

No problem.

Are you a resident? If so, just verify your residency and padron addresses are correct. Do not worry about address in the NIE card as it is not relevant at all.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
27 Jul 2009 2:47 PM by glennhambling Star rating in Norwich and San Pedr.... 23 posts Send private message

Thanks Maria...........

I am not resident.

I do not have a card but a stamped sheet of A4 paper with the number on, should I have a card??????

Like 0      
27 Jul 2009 4:02 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Glenn, we are non residents.

We have an A4 sheet of paper each for our NIEs too, no cards.

Had ours since around Sept 2004

Like 0      
27 Jul 2009 4:29 PM by glennhambling Star rating in Norwich and San Pedr.... 23 posts Send private message

Thanks Morerosado...

Like 0      
27 Jul 2009 9:31 PM by jedk Star rating in Mar Menor, Spain. 33 posts Send private message

My family and I also only have a piece of paper with a stamp.  We have moved since and have not had a problem.  The green a4 sheet mentioned is, I believe, the residencia certificate not the n.i.e. which has replaced the residencia card.

Like 0      
28 Jul 2009 8:23 AM by glennhambling Star rating in Norwich and San Pedr.... 23 posts Send private message

The thing that I was worried about is that I have applied for the stickers that need to be attached to the 210 tax form through the Tax Office website and the only information you have to give is your name and NIE number. Are the stickers likely to be posted to the incorrect address on my original NIE paperwork?

Like 0      
28 Jul 2009 4:48 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Glenn, you need to complete a modelo 030 for change of address actually as the tax office insists on having your fiscal address in case they need to get in touch. (100€ fine if caught).

We're having to do same re submitting the 030 modelo.

Just as a matter of interest save this English translation of the aeat site, it may prove handy.

Like 0      
28 Jul 2009 5:29 PM by glennhambling Star rating in Norwich and San Pedr.... 23 posts Send private message

Thanks More.....

The thing is I have never lived at the address on the original NIE paperwork. This was an admin error that showed the wrong address. I have only ever lived at my current address, would I still need to complete the 030 modelo?

Like 0      
28 Jul 2009 6:04 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Glenn, we have (as you) only ever been at our current address in Spain.

However, we had only our plot number, community & urb address the 1st time that the 214 was submitted & only afterwards did we have a correct fiscal address.

We have been told by a few people we have to change the address by submitting a 030.

We are instructing Lesley Williams of 214.com  to do our 210 AND our 030, it's 50€ for us both & she will do it all. She takes the completed 030 to the tax office to obtain the correct stickers which, ironically, do not show the address. She then sends us the completed form 210 with the stickers (plus a copy of the 030) & we go pay it at a Spanish bank. She will pay it for you, you need to ask her about that. She posts on here as 'leswill'. To be honest, I want to look forward to our next holiday without concerning myself about all this these days. We were quite confident submitting our own 214s but can't be bothered this year with the change.

To be honest with you I would be discussing this very firmly with those who made the error.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 28/07/2009.

Like 0      
28 Jul 2009 8:19 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I think you only need to fill in a form if you stop using your fiscal rep (solicitor?) to pay your taxes.   All communications would have been sent there as they were completing the forms on your behalf.

As you've owned your property for 4 years and you're non-resident the tax officials will know your correct address in Spain.

On your NIE it also show your passport number, when you renew that passport you don't change your NIE so I think it's the same as your National Insurance number in UK.  It's your unique number for paying taxes and to prove your identity you need to show a photo id (passport) and proof of address in Spain when needed (copy simpla or rental contract if you don't own a house)

I had new shutters put on the house and I had to give them my NIE number, I gather that when you sell the house you can claim the tax back for any improvements you have made.  As long as tax was paid in the first place

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

House and contents - 8 posts
advise needed, on suma on my car? - 4 posts
schools in quadamar - 20 posts
fellipe massa f1 driver - 1 posts
Simyo Telephone/Data Sim Cards - 0 posts
Wanted: 28 inch or more flat screen plasma (or LCD) TV - 2 posts
Transfering a car BACK to the UK - 9 posts
Hola todos............ - 11 posts
Buying reposessed properties from the bank in the Costa del Sol - 11 posts
Misteri Play d'Elx - 0 posts
Fire reaching Mojacar - 15 posts
reactivating sky tv - 4 posts
Buying repossessed property property in Costa Blanca and payment of deposit. Advice? - 9 posts
M&S Marbella again - 0 posts
One to one spanish tuition - appreciate any views on this - 7 posts
New Rail Link - 1 posts
House tax - 2 posts
Empty van travelling from uk to spain - 6 posts
For Sale LHD BMW 325i SE Touring - 6 posts
Aifos have declared Concurso de Acreedores (Insolvency) - 1 posts
Taxi`s from Murcia airport - 4 posts
Room A/C Unit Wanted Near Malaga or Olvera - 2 posts
Private Message - 2 posts
Hola ... El Gusto Es Mio - 10 posts
Olvera, Anyone? - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x