reactivating sky tv

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by COSMO Star rating in Gateshead and Costa.... 46 posts Send private message

Hi

just a quick question for satandpcguy.I moved to Spain a month ago so cancelled my sky subscription in England as sky tv was not one of my main priorities.I took my sky+ box with me just incase I needed it in the future.Now decided it should have been a priority.Question is,  once the box is connected to the dish will I be able to ring sky and ask for the card to be reactivated without the box having to be connected to a phone line?The cancellation took effect from 17 July as I had to give 1 months notice.The card would still be registered at an English address.

Thanks.

Like 0      
24 Jul 2009 8:58 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

yes: you should be able to...but it may get tricky if they send you a brand new white sky card..but even then a phone call (being careful in calling sky from spain!) to activate the new card hsould be no problem.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
24 Jul 2009 11:43 AM by COSMO Star rating in Gateshead and Costa.... 46 posts Send private message

Thanks for the reply satandpcguy.

I've already got the new white card as they sent it to me about 4 weeks before I cacelled my subscription and I go back to England

every couple of weeks to work so ringing sky from the UK would not be a problem.

Just thought I might have to have the box connected to a phone line again after I canceiied my subscription.

Like 0      
24 Jul 2009 12:04 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

you only need the connection to a UK phone line for;

activating a brand new card - although you can do this by calling their operators
voting (on clebs in jungle etc)
multiroom contract controls
buying things on qvc
ordering box office movies
playing some of the games on sky active!

so reactivating an cancelled sky sub card shold be as straight forward as calling their operators...

make sure you have all the sky box details (service 4, 5), and all the sky card account details (uk address, bank details)

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
26 Jul 2009 10:58 AM by COSMO Star rating in Gateshead and Costa.... 46 posts Send private message

Thanks.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Buying repossessed property property in Costa Blanca and payment of deposit. Advice? - 9 posts
M&S Marbella again - 0 posts
One to one spanish tuition - appreciate any views on this - 7 posts
New Rail Link - 1 posts
House tax - 2 posts
Empty van travelling from uk to spain - 6 posts
For Sale LHD BMW 325i SE Touring - 6 posts
Aifos have declared Concurso de Acreedores (Insolvency) - 1 posts
Taxi`s from Murcia airport - 4 posts
Room A/C Unit Wanted Near Malaga or Olvera - 2 posts
Private Message - 2 posts
Hola ... El Gusto Es Mio - 10 posts
Olvera, Anyone? - 7 posts
damaged casued by leaks from above apartment - 3 posts
Problem -Selling a share of my property - 3 posts
Mortgage Advice Needed Please - 3 posts
Tim Davey - 7 posts
Recommendation for a Pool Surround - 5 posts
Picking up a cruise ship in Malaga - 1 posts
How to get involved in property management? - 0 posts
Health Care in Spain - 1 posts
Is 3.4% reasonable for a mortgage these days ? - 9 posts
Outlook Express HELP!! - 5 posts
BMIBaby have cancelled flights - 16 posts
Dacion en Pago Query!! - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x