looking for a car

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by johnp-o-neill Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

Hi

We have a place near jerez, and we are going over for Six week's starting next week. I was looking through all the car hire companiesand they are looking for nearly 2000 Euro to hire for the Six week's, so i was thinking about buying one for around 5000 Euro's. I am looking for a Ford Focus or similar size but has to have air conditioning does anyone know where i can pick up a good bargain. I was woundering if i got a Left Hand Drive in England and drove to Spain would this work out cheaper, any advice i would appreciate.

Regards

John

Like 0      
30 Jun 2009 6:32 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

It may work out cheaper initialy, but don't forget you will need to change the headlights which can be expensive itself, I think they are about £150ea, although you may find some cheaper on ebay. If you are going to legalise it, you may will need to take it to ITV to confirm it is Spanish legal, not necessrily the same as UK legal. There are several companies in the UK that exchange LHD cars for RHD in the UK, and then sell them back in Europe, you may be lucky and get one still on spanish plates, but you will need to do al the necesary checks to ensure no embargoes or similar are registered to it.

Mark

Like 0      
30 Jun 2009 8:25 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi John

I'm in exactly the same boat as you,and still undecided about the best route to take, I do know though that I won't be hiring at todays prices.

On balance I think it would be far less hassle to buy one in Spain.

Have a look at this link for your area

http://www.segundamano.es/clasificados-murcia/coches/?q=focus&ca=30_s&th=1&c=4&x=1&w=1&ps=5&pe=7&rs=&re=&ms=&me=&mc=

Steve

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Car Trailer for sale - 0 posts
Drive to Spain for Christmas - 14 posts
Reality Resorts - 1 posts
Any info on Lo Crispin please!! - 13 posts
Airport pick up and drop off - 0 posts
Hello everyone! - 4 posts
No tourist licence-help - 2 posts
rentals - 1 posts
Happy 5th Birthday Eye On Spain - 15 posts
Tennis Well done Andy Murray - 36 posts
No dudaría- I would not hesitate... Antonio´s by Rosario´ - 0 posts
Mirador de Torreblanca-what to do next? - 5 posts
Cheap air ticket Liverpool/Barcelona 13th to 23rd July - 0 posts
Cafe Vienna, Almoradi - 0 posts
good property management company in murcia region - 0 posts
Spain Uncut - 4 posts
Still looking for somewhere to rent for 6 months! - 7 posts
Capital Gains Tax Refund - 6 posts
New to it all - 3 posts
Need details of local newspaper in Manilva area - 5 posts
RHD VAN FOR SALE UKI PLATES - 9 posts
Alicante region and the iPhone - 0 posts
Hot air balloons - 1 posts
adinistrative silence rule - 13 posts
Apartments Swap Sale El Galan - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x