Tennis Well done Andy Murray

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Well done Andy, 

What a brilliant game,  let's hope it goes to well to the end.

Pat 

Like 0      
30 Jun 2009 7:51 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

... typically English performance though - keep us on the edges of our seats right to the line. His opponent was an excellent player though.

Irene

Like 0      
30 Jun 2009 9:16 AM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

30 Jun 2009 11:20 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Sanchez1

When he wins he's British, when he loses he's Scottish!

Like 0      
30 Jun 2009 1:04 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes they certainly had me going, even his Mum looked apprehensive.

Goodstitch, does  that go for the Prime Minister as well

Pat 

Like 0      
30 Jun 2009 1:10 PM by Kev1 Star rating in Condado De Alhama. 826 posts Send private message

Kev1´s avatar

Some of us are supporting anyone who is playing AGAINST Murray. He's not British otherwise he'd support his fellow Brits. He's Scottish only and it irritates me that everyone seems to assume everyone's behind him. Shame last night because the guy he was playing played well above his standing.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2009 1:21 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Pat and Roy

.......off course!!

Kev1

have I missed something?  I didn't know he wasn't backing fellow Brits?  I thought being Scottish, he's British, so why not support him?. He certainly showed a fair bit of bulldog spirit last night.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2009 2:57 PM by BBBunny Star rating in Javea, Costa Blanca. 20 posts Send private message

I think Andy Murrays comments on the state of British Tennis were well justified being that he is the last  Scot, oh sorry Brit left in the singles.  

Putting his comments aside, surely we should support him for the talented player he is regardless of whether he be Scottish or English. He is "Britains" top ranked player and we should be proud of that,  regardless of which part of Britain we come from.

Anyway, I'm Scottish so I'm biased!

Like 0      
30 Jun 2009 3:29 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes have to agree BBBunny he is all that is left.  If we do not support him who will.

I also agree with his comments on the state of  British tennis.

Let's hope he does well the rest of the week, it does not bother me where he comes from.  Let's face it half of our football player's are not from England as well as Manager's.

Pat

Like 0      
04 Jul 2009 2:34 PM by Kev1 Star rating in Condado De Alhama. 826 posts Send private message

Kev1´s avatar

Well done Andy Roddick and good luck for the final. Excellent result.

Murray is a good player but overhyped. Great to see him lose - just as he 'supports any team playing against the English' then he'll never get my support and I hope he never wins a grand slam ! I suspect he will though - but hopefully not at the All ENGLAND Club !!!!

Like 0      
04 Jul 2009 2:58 PM by BBBunny Star rating in Javea, Costa Blanca. 20 posts Send private message

Great to see him loose - thats the good old English team spirit then.

Pathetic, its no wonder he wants to be known as Scottish.

Like 0      
05 Jul 2009 12:33 PM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar

Don't get upset  BBBunny Kev 1 is one of these small minded football supporters whose team have a Scottish manager who thinks along the same lines as Andy Murray, but that is OK.

Like 0      
05 Jul 2009 1:55 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Kev1.  What a load of tripe.  Just after Scotland failed to qualify for the Euro championship, a mate of his asks (on camera) who he's going to support now they've been knocked out of the cup again.  A on-line "anyone playing your team" labels him as anti-English.  Why the hell was he asked this question in the first place?  Did anyone ask Tim Henman if he'd be supporting Scotland when England failed to qualify for the World Cup? No, they didn't.  It's the English mentality of "we won't support anyone else but you all have to support England".

Leave the only "British" guy to get through to the second week alone.  He did Britain proud and played his heart out.  Roddick played just that tad bit better and deserved his win but Murray is still young and has time.  Knocking someone for not  being "English" can do nothing for his confidence.  Then again, I doubt any petty comments like yours will keep him awake at nights. 

Like 0      
05 Jul 2009 2:09 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Well done Bob, you are exactly right,  I do not think Andy Murray will loose a lot of sleep over whether Kev supports him or not.

I think he did very well to get as far as he did, he is young and he wil be back.  Felt a bit sorry for Nadal as well Andy is supposed to get on very well with him.

Here's to next year we might be celebrating then.

Pat 

Like 0      
28 Jun 2010 8:14 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi All,

Well was going to post this on Good news in Spain but thought better of it!!!!!!

Well Andy is through to the quarter finals some good news.

Pat

Like 0      
28 Jun 2010 9:07 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Wow Andy Roddick out!!!!!!! 

Lo  in hope Andy does not have to play him soon he has lost a match already against him (not at Wimbledon) though.

This message was last edited by Pat and Roy on 28/06/2010.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2010 3:29 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Williams sisters out of the doubles.

Pat

Like 0      
30 Jun 2010 3:43 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

you can tell he's not English!!!!

If so he would be moping around, moaning about everything, blaming the state of the grass...........!!!

Mind you i would say that, i'm English....!!!! Bulldog spirit? more like poodle power!!

Good Luck Mr Murray.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2010 4:56 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

What do you mean you can tell he is not English!!!!!!!!!!   Half our football team are not English either.

How are you going Georgia? Selling much.

Well on track Berdych Beat Federer!!!!!! Certainly is all happening.   Come on Andy

Pat

Like 0      
30 Jun 2010 5:25 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Pat,

Hope you are well, our football team are all English to the core...........unfortunately!!!!!.............they could have done with a little Spanish spirit!!

Don't really get time to follow the tennis although i have seen that one of the Williams brothers are out!!!

Really,Really busy at the Mo, Just sold a 3 bed 1 bath finca with a pool for 30,000€, i never thought i would ever say that again!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering i see alot of people cheering for the  (so called) English cricket team then i cannot see any harm cheering for Murray (Scottish).

Hope Roy is fine.

Take care

Georgia

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

No dudaría- I would not hesitate... Antonio´s by Rosario´ - 0 posts
Mirador de Torreblanca-what to do next? - 5 posts
Cheap air ticket Liverpool/Barcelona 13th to 23rd July - 0 posts
Cafe Vienna, Almoradi - 0 posts
good property management company in murcia region - 0 posts
Spain Uncut - 4 posts
Still looking for somewhere to rent for 6 months! - 7 posts
Capital Gains Tax Refund - 6 posts
New to it all - 3 posts
Need details of local newspaper in Manilva area - 5 posts
RHD VAN FOR SALE UKI PLATES - 9 posts
Alicante region and the iPhone - 0 posts
Hot air balloons - 1 posts
adinistrative silence rule - 13 posts
Apartments Swap Sale El Galan - 0 posts
Sky Prices from 1st September 2009 - 2 posts
Wanted Apartment Estepona - Gibraltar Long term - 2 posts
Grupo Masa - 2 posts
Communal Pool Costs - 4 posts
Framon Motors - 13 posts
Siesta Show on Cable TV - Well done Colin - 6 posts
Fortuna golf, what do we do now? - 2 posts
La Puebla, Cartegena, Murcia - 11 posts
Transfering money back to UK - 37 posts
LAWYERS/SOLICITORS/ABOGADOS, - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 37

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x