Tennis Well done Andy Murray

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jun 2010 6:28 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Georgia,

See that is the bulldog spirit!!!!!! still selling in this recession.  Mind you watching  Piers Morgan on Shanghai last night that was interesting. Well if all true no recession their.

Come on Andy do not know which way this is going at the moment.  Well we have to cheer for him there is no one else. Even coming up.

Yes Roy not to bad good and bad days to be expected.

Take care Pat

Like 0      
30 Jun 2010 8:11 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi All

Yes it is definitely "Well done, Andy Murrary"!  Just Rafa to beat and he will be through to his first Wimbledon final........!!!  I agree to support España in the football if only Andy can beat Rafa....!!!

The Tour de France is due to start soon, so let's hope the British cyclists can be successful too!

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
30 Jun 2010 8:21 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes have to agree Sue,

If he can beat Rafa Nadal that would be great!!!!!!!!  But he has not beaten him that often but fingers crossed.

Yes Spain can win the world cup I do not mind that.   Yes the Tour de France would be good to!!!!

Roy is happy now he has his dinner have to get more organised.

Pat

Like 0      
01 Jul 2010 12:23 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

Personally I am supporting Rafael Nadal. Being a Spanish resident surely this is the correct thing to do.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2010 12:44 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

No that is the right thing for you to do especially being a resident of Spain. 

I think you might get your wish anyway cannot see Andy winning against Rafael but you never know, the way things have been going at Wimbledon it might happen.

Pat

Like 0      
01 Jul 2010 12:51 PM by Bri Star rating in North. 591 posts Send private message

Yes, for Rafa!!!!

Brian

Like 0      
02 Jul 2010 7:27 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Well did not think he would beat Rafa. Hopefully the run might continue World Cup next for Spain.

Nice they are friends though.

Pat

Like 0      
02 Jul 2010 8:18 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

Rafa   

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
03 Jul 2010 6:02 PM by Alison&Simon Star rating in Hamilton,Scotland - .... 1102 posts Send private message

Alison&Simon´s avatar

Hi,

I'm scottish and exceptional proud of it and  just knew Andy could not beat Rafa, just not strong or good enough, but no thanks to the ENGLISH lawn tennis club who did sweet FA for him when he was coming through the ranks but now want him a there own and just for the record, they are predicting that the 4 Davis Cup players next year will all be scots including the management cause the state of English tennis at the moment. Andy has also been forced to stop wearing his scottish wrist bands cause if he favours his own country apparrently he will not get sponsership from English companys, now how petty is that.

Thats my rant over, so now Andy has lost to a much better player he is now back to being Scottish.

Come on Spain

Always look on the bright side of life  

Dogs have lots of friends cause they wag their tails and not their tongues

Alibabe

Like 0      
03 Jul 2010 6:29 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

That  wrist band order will be from his agent and purely a financial thing.I am sure he could wear them if he wanted to.Hopefully all of the UK countries will be allowed to wave their own flags under this new government which sadly has not always been the case.

Like 0      
03 Jul 2010 6:48 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

No as you said Raffa is to strong an opponent for Andy but he gave it his best shot. 

I have never had an issue with him being Scottish like some have. But I understand what you are saying about not getting any help on the way up I have read their story of the struggle. It just annoys me that whoever they are, that they do not get help especially if they show a lot of potential.  But I suppose that is like a lot of sports in this country.

But yes your right the Lawn Tennis Club will be jumping in now but what can you do about it nothing, he will just have to go along with it.  

It is wrong the discrimination albeit it Scottish or Wales especially wearing wrist bands but that is something again he wiould have to conform to.

Pat  

Like 0      
03 Jul 2010 8:33 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

I thought of starting a new thread - as I am now going to change the subject from tennis to cycling - however there is a Scottish link so please bear with me!  Well done to David Millar (Scotland) for finishing 3rd in the Tour de France Prologue, and let's not forget Geraint Thomas (Wales) in 5th place.  England didn't finish high up but hopefully Bradley Wiggins (77th) will have more success later on in the Tour. 

I suppose I should mention the Swiss winner Fabian Cancellara (isn't there a Swiss tennis player too?) and Tony Martin (Germany) who finished 2nd.  Talking of Germany, didn't they trounce Argentina?

Sue

Sue Walker

Like 0      
11 Sep 2012 3:44 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Well done Andy brilliant game winning the US open worth staying up for!!!!  The first British (Scottish) man to win it since Fred Perry. He got there in the end!!!!!!.

Patricia

This message was last edited by pat and roy on 11/09/2012.

Like 0      
11 Sep 2012 9:47 AM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Yes, well done, Andy!  We couldn't find the match on Spanish TV (John thinks it was on Eurosport, which we don't have) and it wasn't on any channels that we could see on line.  I did watch the BBC and US Open websites for a while, but it's not that exciting watching text and live score updates!  It was probably lucky that I couldn't watch it, as we had to be up early this morning and I guess it must have finished pretty late as it went to five sets.  Just seen that Pat and Roy posted at 03.44!

What a fantastic summer of sports! 

Sue Walker

Like 0      
11 Sep 2012 9:59 AM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar

Yes - FABulous result.  Very well-deserved, he's worked hard for it.  He's had a great year.  My only worry for him is that the pressure next Wimbledon will be e-NOR-mous!

Tamara

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
12 Sep 2012 5:29 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

The Eos team would also like to congratulate Andy Murray on a fantastic result !! :)

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
12 Sep 2012 5:52 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes we stayed up till 4 to watch it was brilliant though!!! But had a lay in in the morning. Plus chatting to a couple of guys on Facebook as well who were watching.

Patricia

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

No dudaría- I would not hesitate... Antonio´s by Rosario´ - 0 posts
Mirador de Torreblanca-what to do next? - 5 posts
Cheap air ticket Liverpool/Barcelona 13th to 23rd July - 0 posts
Cafe Vienna, Almoradi - 0 posts
good property management company in murcia region - 0 posts
Spain Uncut - 4 posts
Still looking for somewhere to rent for 6 months! - 7 posts
Capital Gains Tax Refund - 6 posts
New to it all - 3 posts
Need details of local newspaper in Manilva area - 5 posts
RHD VAN FOR SALE UKI PLATES - 9 posts
Alicante region and the iPhone - 0 posts
Hot air balloons - 1 posts
adinistrative silence rule - 13 posts
Apartments Swap Sale El Galan - 0 posts
Sky Prices from 1st September 2009 - 2 posts
Wanted Apartment Estepona - Gibraltar Long term - 2 posts
Grupo Masa - 2 posts
Communal Pool Costs - 4 posts
Framon Motors - 13 posts
Siesta Show on Cable TV - Well done Colin - 6 posts
Fortuna golf, what do we do now? - 2 posts
La Puebla, Cartegena, Murcia - 11 posts
Transfering money back to UK - 37 posts
LAWYERS/SOLICITORS/ABOGADOS, - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 37

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x