Online registration for the payment of non resident’s la renta tax

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by peteranne Star rating in York & Los Montesino.... 111 posts Send private message

peteranne´s avatar

Has anybody managed to resister online for their digital certificate for the payment of their non residents La renta tax using the online version of the 210 form?

We would like to register but it looks to be a bit complicated.

The starting point is here in English but after this page it is in Spanish.

http://www.cert.fnmt.es/index.php?cha=cit&sec=4&lang=es&lang=en

Could anyone please post a guide to the registration process and the paying online, it would be much appreciated by both us and many others

Many thanks in advance

Peter & Anne   -   www.los-montesinos-spain.co.uk

Like 0      
23 Jun 2009 10:32 PM by peteranne Star rating in York & Los Montesino.... 111 posts Send private message

peteranne´s avatar

Morerosado

Can not pick up your pm, we have not set up the pm facility .

have now requested activation of the pm facility, will reply when we can

Regards

Peteranne

Like 0      
24 Jun 2009 11:18 AM by leswill Star rating. 120 posts Send private message

It is a three stage process. Firstly follow this link
https://www.cert.fnmt.es/index.php?cha= ... 35&lang=es
all you need to do here is put in your NIE number. You will then be issued with a reference number.

Second step is to go to the tax office with your reference number. You tell reception what you have come for, get a ticket and wait your turn. You show the reference number and the IT person at the tax office uploads all your details to activate your account.

The following day you then go online to the tax office website on your own computer and follow instructions to download the certificate. It is your computer which is being registered, and you can only carry out the online transactions from this particular computer. You will get a message coming up on the screen asking to submit your certificate each time you try to access the areas which require certification.

All the dealings with the tax office can only be done in Spanish I am afraid. All the forms can be downloaded online without a certificate though.

Like 0      
04 Jul 2009 7:50 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Lewill,  Thanks for the info but I am still confused after trying to download the 210 form. When i try I am informed i need a digital certificate to download the form so is this correct? 

Also, are your instructions below designed to allow us to pay online or download the form?

If they are to pay online can i ignore them and take my completed form, when i have downloaded it, to my bank for payment.

Regards

John

Like 0      
04 Jul 2009 11:43 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi John, here's the link to download the 210 modelo's pdf from AEAT site.

That's what you were after, wasn't it ?

Like 0      
04 Jul 2009 10:13 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Thanks More that is exactly what i need but it leads to another question...because i have always filled the form online then printed out the form ( 214) with my details on ...do i need to fill this form in online? 

Regards

John

Like 0      
02 Sep 2009 8:51 PM by Dene Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

I followed leswill,s advice and have successfully managed to download my digital certificate. I have managed to change my fiscal address after accessing the AEAT website and can access my tax records online. It shows all the previous form 214,s I have submitted.

I have worked my way through the site using google translator and you can pay all your taxes online. If you have a spanish bank account you can pay by electronic transfer from your account.

Form 210 appears easy to fill out and can be filed and paid online.You can even print off your own stickers.( although you don't need them for filing online)

My fiscal address was shown as my solicitors and using form 30 I have sucessfully changed it ( records were updated the next day).

Like 0      
02 Sep 2009 10:08 PM by peteranne Star rating in York & Los Montesino.... 111 posts Send private message

peteranne´s avatar

Hi Dene

Glad you managed to successfully download your digital certificate, we are going to attempt to do ours when we are in Spain in October, could we ask you a couple of questions about the process please.

Did you find the process easy?

What documents do you need to take into the tax office on the 2nd stage?

Is there a time limit after the 2nd stage before you download your certificate, as our computers will not be with us in Spain.

Many thanks in advance

Like 0      
02 Sep 2009 10:39 PM by Dene Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

Dear Peter and Anne,

Yes,the process was surprisingly easy.I obtained my references numbers(one each for me and my wife) from the spanish mint website a couple of weeks before I went out to Spain.

I went to the tax office in Marbella,showed them a print out of the reference numbers and obtained my ticket to wait.Although the guy on reception did not speak english ,he understood what I was there for from the reference print out.

You need your passport and NIE number( original or copy).The lady who dealt with me managed to complete the process without much problem,however she did insist on a telephone number in Spain. Luckily I have a cheap pay as you go spanish mobile that was accepted.

I don't think there is a time limit as I went to the tax office on Wednesday and did not return home until Sunday and had no problem downloading the certificate then.

Dene

Like 0      
02 Sep 2009 10:56 PM by peteranne Star rating in York & Los Montesino.... 111 posts Send private message

peteranne´s avatar

Hi Dene

Many thanks for the quick reply.

Would they not accept a UK mobile number?, we do not have a land line or a Spanish mobile so that could be a problem for us.

many thanks once again

Like 0      
02 Sep 2009 11:29 PM by cherryboy Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi

Can you have 2 certificates on the same computer please?

Dave

Like 0      
03 Sep 2009 11:09 AM by Dene Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

I don't know if the phone number is absolutely necessary, it was fortunate I suppose that I had a Spanish moblie.You might not need one and anyway you could probably give them any spanish number as it is unlikely they would ever need to ring you.

They do ask for your e-mail address so if they really needed to make contact they could use that.

Yes, you can have two certificates on your computer,just select the one you need when asked.

Like 0      
14 Sep 2009 9:56 PM by tina1 Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Can anyone help?  I am having problems when entering my NIE number, the form says it is 9 characters long but my NIE has 10 characters; a letter followed by 8 numbers and then another letter.  I have tried various combinations, such as leaving off the letters, using the last letter only but each time I get a message saying 'the key has not been generated'

Any suggestions or help would be most appreciated

Like 0      
15 Sep 2009 10:09 AM by Norm de Plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

Our NIEs are both 9 characters long.  Is it your NIE that's wrong?

Like 0      
15 Sep 2009 10:18 AM by peteranne Star rating in York & Los Montesino.... 111 posts Send private message

peteranne´s avatar

Hi

We are hoping to do the same before we travel to Spain in 2 weeks time.

Both our NIE numbers are 9 characters long, a letter followed by 7 numbers and a final Letter.

I hope someone can help you solve your problem.

Regards

Like 0      
15 Sep 2009 1:41 PM by Dene Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

TINA1,

Which form are you trying to enter your NIE nimber on?

Like 0      
15 Sep 2009 1:42 PM by Dene Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

Sorry, fat fingers on keyboard, previous post should be NIE number.

Like 0      
16 Sep 2009 12:03 PM by tina1 Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Hooray, I finally managed to receive a number after a few frustrating hours sat at the pc.  The problem seems to have been two fold.  1.  Using Windows Vista, (ActiveX needs to be enabled in several places.) and 2.  My NIE starts with a letter, then has 8 numbers the first of which is 0 and ends with a letter, so by removing the 0 it fitted in and a number was generated.

I'm off to Spain in 2 wks so lets hope its all okay.

thanks all

Like 0      
16 Sep 2009 12:52 PM by Norm de Plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

I hope you have more success than I did.  After going through all the rigmarole I found the system would not accept CajaCanarias (the Canaries' major bank), despite it being on the AEAT list.  Furthermore, the number generated was limited to the computer it was obtained on.  I've changed my computer twice since, and have given up on the system which, like most things in the Spanish tax system, I'm convinced is designed to generate work for the civil service.

Like 0      
16 Sep 2009 8:07 PM by Dene Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

Although the digital certificate is installed on a specific computer,you can make a back up copy of the certificate and then you should be able to export it to your new computer.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Licence of First Ocupation - 2 posts
getting rid of wasp's nest - 5 posts
Had to complete new mortgage with life insurance to keep property - 11 posts
Vegeterian restaurants in Vera area. - 13 posts
FOR SALE - BRAND NEW - BEDS - 1 KING & 2 SINGLE - 1,000 EUROS THE LOT - 0 posts
A link to claim against Courts in Spain - 2 posts
motorcycle letter delivery service - 0 posts
reluctant sale - 1 posts
Selling a property in Spain. - 5 posts
bringing over freesatbox - 8 posts
IS THIS THE NEW WEALTH TAX??? - 2 posts
Fiesta Noche de San Juan 2009 - 8 posts
mosaic tables and chairs for sale - 1 posts
Trampolining/Gymnastics in or around Malaga - 6 posts
carrefour - 9 posts
Is there an alternative - 11 posts
Free to Air Tv in Costa Blanca - 3 posts
ZANUSSI OVEN/HOB & EXTRACTOR UNIT FOR SALE - 1 posts
BATHROOM UNITS FOR SALE - 0 posts
Wanted, POOL TABLE, in average to good condition, South Spain area - 16 posts
Alicante Hogueras fiestas - 0 posts
Orihuela Tax office experience - 9 posts
Online non resident’s tax pagatinas (stickers) requests - Warning - 10 posts
Orihuela Tax office – wrong address - 0 posts
Quickest way to obtain an NIE No - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 41

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x