Free to Air Tv in Costa Blanca

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by lotty Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hi.

I recently bought a place in Las Ramblas near Campamore Costa Blanca.I was wondering would I be better off getting free to air rather than paying a yearly sub. We would not watch much TV. Is free to air successful......................any comments would be helpful.........................

Regards

Lotty

Like 0      
22 Jun 2009 11:10 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

We are in Playa Flamenca. We bought a TDT box which enables you to pick up Spanish digital. You need to check if your arial is OK. We tuned it in and picked up 28 TV stations. There is a language button on the remote. If the broadcast was made in English orginally and you press the button the English sound track plays! the other evening there were 8 stations broadcasting films in English, another evening we found 4. Better than nothing, its free bar the box which cost 45 Euros. You can't get UK stations but then I don't go to Spain to watch TV! lol!

Like 0      
22 Jun 2009 2:36 PM by oldman40 Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

Lotty,

We have a 1.9m dish on our holiday home to get free to air TV and it works very well, we even managed to talk to a few neighbours who also decided to join us. This meant that we have 4 neighours using our dish and we split the cost, less than half the price even with all the extra work involved.

Also as I understand the Spanish High court is due to rule in July whether Re-broadcasting TV of any language will be banned completely so be careful paying out for an installtion from another company just yet!

Like 0      
22 Jun 2009 6:12 PM by lotty Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hi

Thank you all for your help it is much appreciated. Is it possible to get uk channels free to air on a smaller dish than 1.9.

Regards

Lotty

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ZANUSSI OVEN/HOB & EXTRACTOR UNIT FOR SALE - 1 posts
BATHROOM UNITS FOR SALE - 0 posts
Wanted, POOL TABLE, in average to good condition, South Spain area - 16 posts
Alicante Hogueras fiestas - 0 posts
Orihuela Tax office experience - 9 posts
Online non resident’s tax pagatinas (stickers) requests - Warning - 10 posts
Orihuela Tax office – wrong address - 0 posts
Quickest way to obtain an NIE No - 1 posts
Fridge Freezer FOR SALE - 0 posts
Shower Screens & Bath Screen FOR SALE - 0 posts
Residents Group - 1 posts
Where can I buy a fouton in Costa Blanca? - 8 posts
San Juan question - 5 posts
I cannot wait for the next siesta show - 0 posts
cig prices !!!! - 0 posts
how to get pitch at sabi market - 5 posts
Handing over/ Signing up - 0 posts
price in gibraltar - 3 posts
Advice about refreshing a Legal Embargo please - 2 posts
Wanted, Sun Loungers. - 5 posts
METAL BUNK BED - 0 posts
Increase In Tobacco Prices - 33 posts
Notary Appointment - 1 posts
Lawyer Wanted - 1 posts
looking for somewhere to stay in La Marina, weel in September, maybe long term permantly next year... - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x