Orihuela Tax office experience

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by peteranne Star rating in York & Los Montesino.... 111 posts Send private message

peteranne´s avatar

On entering the tax office in Orihuela, you first go through “airport” type security.
At the first desk you get your ticket to the appropriate desk for your particular enquiry. When its your turn your ticket number is displayed on a TV screen with the correct desk to go to in the main office.

We had already downloaded from the internet and completed our 210 forms.
We went to the desk with our forms to get some envelopes, 4 requested and given ( 2 for next year ) at no charge.

We were then directed to another desk to get Anne’s stickers.

We then went to a nearby Santander bank to pay out non residents’ tax. We handed over all 7 pages plus the envelope along with the payment, he gave us back the envelope and all the pages except the last page which was the banks copy. We were led to believe the bank kept the envelope and the tax office copies.
Not sure what to do at this point we returned to the tax office, queued again, handed in all copies which were all stamped and the tax office copies were put in an envelope and kept, we were handed back all the other copies and he said finito.
We are still not sure why the bank handed us back all the pages and the envelope, we can only assume being so close to the tax office we were expected to return them by hand, we are afraid our Spanish is not good enough at the moment to query the bank employee.
One final point the envelope does not appear to be for posting through the postal system, there is a large window, more than half of the A4 envelope, the 210 form was placed in the envelope with all your details showing.

It was quite a daunting task, but one were are pleased we have undertaken, especially with the saving of 108 euros EACH our solicitor was going to charge us. Despite this apparently long process it only took about an hour in total so well worth it.

Peter & Anne   -   www.los-montesinos-spain.co.uk

Like 0      
21 Jun 2009 11:28 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Well done!

Isn't it satisfying to do this yourself and know how much money it saved you!

I assume that the bank gave everything back to you to hand it in yourself as you were "there" as you say.

The pages that the tax office gave back to you, will have included a stamped one.

The others can be destroyed, but keep the stamped one safe.

It is your proof of tax payment if ever you decide to sell your property.

I would like directions to the Orihuella tax office please.

I pay at my bank, but need to get envelopes!

Perhaps you could post the directions on EOS to benefits others too?

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
21 Jun 2009 4:26 PM by peteranne Star rating in York & Los Montesino.... 111 posts Send private message

peteranne´s avatar

Hi Fibby

Yes it is very satisfying to do it yourself.

We did have a little help with your guide, many thanks

For directions I use multimap.com as you can tick a box on the left hand side to show the car parks.

The link for the tax office is http://www.multimap.com/s/MShqfwa7  it is on a main road so easy to find

Best regards

Peter & Anne   -   www.los-montesinos-spain.co.uk

Like 0      
21 Jun 2009 4:46 PM by leswill Star rating. 120 posts Send private message

Something which may be of interest to others completing their own modelo 210 - pages 3 and 6 are not needed if you are paying yourself in your own bank.  These are copies if somebody is acting on your behalf to make or retain payments.

Like 0      
21 Jun 2009 8:29 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi PeterAnne

I didn't have a clue you had used my Guide!

Even gladder it worked for you!

Regards.................

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
21 Jun 2009 8:33 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

p.s. thanks for the link for directions!!!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
21 Jun 2009 8:50 PM by leswill Star rating. 120 posts Send private message

The Spanish tax office website provides a map of each office location it is a bit of a long link, but here goes.   Choose your area and then follow it through to the office you want - it give a google map and you can zoom in or out to get more details.

http://www.aeat.es/wps/portal/Organigrama?channel=29efa375c91c3010VgnVCM100000d7005a80____&ver=L&site=56d8237c0bc1ff00VgnVCM100000d7005a80____&idioma=es_ES&menu=1&img=8

Like 0      
21 Jun 2009 9:03 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Thanks for that Leswill

Regards

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
22 Jun 2009 11:16 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Our Lawyer only charged 50 Euros. It took him a while to sort things out and had to check twice with the tax office as we have the property in our son's name. At least we didn;t have to go around the houses he did it all for us. To me it was money well spent.  

Like 0      
22 Jun 2009 11:31 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

That sounds really reasonable, I think some Lawyers take the mickey others are totally fair.

If you are happy to pay that and have peace of mind, that's great.

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Online non resident’s tax pagatinas (stickers) requests - Warning - 10 posts
Orihuela Tax office – wrong address - 0 posts
Quickest way to obtain an NIE No - 1 posts
Fridge Freezer FOR SALE - 0 posts
Shower Screens & Bath Screen FOR SALE - 0 posts
Residents Group - 1 posts
Where can I buy a fouton in Costa Blanca? - 8 posts
San Juan question - 5 posts
I cannot wait for the next siesta show - 0 posts
cig prices !!!! - 0 posts
how to get pitch at sabi market - 5 posts
Handing over/ Signing up - 0 posts
price in gibraltar - 3 posts
Advice about refreshing a Legal Embargo please - 2 posts
Wanted, Sun Loungers. - 5 posts
METAL BUNK BED - 0 posts
Increase In Tobacco Prices - 33 posts
Notary Appointment - 1 posts
Lawyer Wanted - 1 posts
looking for somewhere to stay in La Marina, weel in September, maybe long term permantly next year... - 0 posts
CAR HIRE - 17 posts
foreign plates and foreign licences - 1 posts
Bus and Train fares. - 3 posts
Cheap car wanted - 2 posts
rogue builder made repairs - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x