how to get pitch at sabi market

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by Pinkie Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

My  friend is looking to getting a pitch at sabbi sunday market,what is the procedure.

Any info very much apprieciated.

Like 0      
19 Jun 2009 11:42 AM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

I think you have to contact Manilva town hall and you will pay for a type of licence that will let you have a place in the market.

hope this helps

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
19 Jun 2009 3:02 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

I think there was another thread about this not so long ago .....

From memory I think you just turn up - no mention of any licences - regulars get their pitches first then it's "first come first served" ......

People camp out the night before on the car park there - they travel from miles away and I doubt they have been to Manilva for a special licence - unless this is something new?

Like 0      
19 Jun 2009 3:05 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

there is nothing new, that´s what I thought you had to do

apologies if it is different

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
19 Jun 2009 3:12 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

I think licences are needed for most markets, however, for a "car boot sale" type - which I think ManilvaSabi is - you may not need one .......

I will try to find out where I got this info from and post on here  (I'm sure I've not imagined it - although I may have done )

Like 0      
19 Jun 2009 3:34 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

I found it! Here it is (It's taken from another forum - I hope that's OK?):

"As far as the Sabinillas market is concerned it's very straight forward. (I did my first one this last Sunday)

We got there about 8 am, there were already alot of people around. Many of them are the regular traders with licences. You will most likely see a group of people queuing close to the low wall near the entrance. Find out where the end of the queue is and when you get to it, there is a clipboard where you need to write your name next to a corresponding number.

You then hang around for an hour or so until about 9am. Once all the regulars have driven through, Paco the market manager, will go to the clipboard and assign the leftover pitches. You will have to queue until your name is called. Looking at the plan of the market you will see which pitches are left and can choose whichever. Pay Paco 10€ and he gives you a receipt with the number of your pitch on and asks what you'll be selling (just in general), and as you drive through onto the market you hand this to the Policeman who just checks it.

As we found on Sunday, those pitches along the main walkways will get most traffic, we were along one of the 'crossways' which meant slightly less traffic. Go too far to the back and you are a bit out of the 'car-boot' bit and close to the market holders where the locals go just to buy their fruit and veg.
The whole thing starts breaking down about 2-2.30pm.

We had a great day, sold loads and was v. happy with the money made. It was efficiently done, only the 8-9am hanging around was the boring bit.

One thing to remember...bags!! We forgot to take any! Also take loads of change. The early people had 10,20 and even 50€ notes so you'll get through your small change quite quickly!"

Good luck!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Handing over/ Signing up - 0 posts
price in gibraltar - 3 posts
Advice about refreshing a Legal Embargo please - 2 posts
Wanted, Sun Loungers. - 5 posts
METAL BUNK BED - 0 posts
Increase In Tobacco Prices - 33 posts
Notary Appointment - 1 posts
Lawyer Wanted - 1 posts
looking for somewhere to stay in La Marina, weel in September, maybe long term permantly next year... - 0 posts
CAR HIRE - 17 posts
foreign plates and foreign licences - 1 posts
Bus and Train fares. - 3 posts
Cheap car wanted - 2 posts
rogue builder made repairs - 0 posts
alloy wheel refurb - 0 posts
Fed Ex collection and or mail box - 2 posts
Ambasun - 0 posts
Is it the heat? - 9 posts
property maintenance - 0 posts
property maintenance - 2 posts
moveing to spain advice welcome - 2 posts
Getting rid of scumbags - 6 posts
again, one of THOSE days .... :-) - 26 posts
bricklayer, builder, and alround handy man - 0 posts
can someone just clear up some confusion for me please? - 15 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x