Jobbing Builder Wanted....

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

I have been trying to get a builder to make some planters on my terrace - 6 planters in total, nothing grand, but nevertheless, a paying job. Does anyone have any recommendations?

We live in Formentera del Segura.

We have offered the work to no less than 4 people so far: the first (an English brickie) said he'd come and work out the cost and he didn't; the second hasn't returned any of my calls; the third was too busy and the fourth decided it wasn't a big enough job. I thought there was a shortage of work out here????????

Please help!

Irene

Like 0      
16 Jun 2009 5:58 PM by altealavella Star rating in Orxeta. 42 posts Send private message

My husband would be delighted to get some work, but we are too far away from you  (Orxeta)

Hope you have some luck

Like 0      
17 Jun 2009 10:53 AM by nyk1974 Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

My father has used the same spanish builder for the past 10 years and he actually lives in Rojales. He is a fantastic worker and his prices are very competitive no matter what the nationality of the client. If you would like him to come and measure up just let me know.

Kindest regards

Nicolas

Like 0      
17 Jun 2009 3:56 PM by martin Star rating. 60 posts Send private message

hi were is it you live is it near malaga? as i am over next week for a month an could fit you in no problem.

Like 0      
17 Jun 2009 8:11 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

I live in Formentera del Segura which is on the Costa Blanca - quite a way from you, unfortunately!

Irene

Like 0      
27 Jun 2009 8:19 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi everyone

Just to update you... I have had my planters built now by an absolutely fabulous Spanish builder, kindly introduced to me by a fellow EOS advocate - Nick.

Nick contacted me when he read my email and helped with the negotiations (the builder doesn't speak English and my Spanish isn't that good). We agreed a price and they started the job very soon afterwards. The builder worked a couple of 12 - hour days and his workmanship is absolutely fantastic - he even made a few suggestions to our design which improved the appearance no end.

If anyone is looking for a great builder (he lives in Rojales), do let me know and I'll pass on his details.

Irene

Like 0      
27 Jun 2009 8:27 PM by growler Star rating in Birmingham & Benejúz.... 164 posts Send private message

Hi Irene, good that you eventually got sorted. Be great if you could post up a photo of one of the planters. I've made a few myself (here in UK) but you've given me an idea now!!! (hence I'm interested in the style/size of the planters).

Don't worry if you can't post up a pic, just thought no harm in asking. Pat 

Like 0      
28 Jun 2009 2:28 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi Pat

I'll try and post a piccy, but I'll wait until they've got some plants in!

Irene

Like 0      
20 Jul 2009 1:14 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi everyone.

I've just posted a photograph of the lovely planters on another thread, but thought I'd put it here as well just to complete the loop on my original request for a builder.

We are really delighted with the work. The builder also did some other work in another apartament as a result of them seeing the quality of his work. Simon is based in Rojales. He doesn't speak English, but Nick (Nyk 174 - see previous posts in this thread) will always act as interpreter at no extra cost to the customer.

The little penny-farthing bicycle was made for me by my brother-in-law who actually owns two original full sized ones! I have tried to ride the real thing but fell off!

Irene

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Beer and Food Prices - 5 posts
UK tax office and paying tax in Spain - 0 posts
Potential Group action against CAM Bank for negligence - 1 posts
Satelitte Dish & Stand - 1 posts
Strawberries - 2 posts
Euro rate in Spain - 6 posts
Interest Only Mortgages - 6 posts
Cats ,is it just me ? - 20 posts
French lessons/French conversation - 0 posts
car parking in Valencia - 0 posts
Community charge - 2 posts
Lost Purse - Reward offered - 0 posts
French lessons/native speakers - 7 posts
wanted highchair - 1 posts
Mother and toddler group - 7 posts
Petrol stations close to San Javier airport - 7 posts
FITTED KITCHEN MAKE ME AN OFFER - 4 posts
AIR CONDITIONING UNITS MAKE ME AN OFFER - 4 posts
Primark Algeciras - 34 posts
QUESTION FOR MARIA - 1 posts
QUESTION FOR MARIA - OR LAWBIRD - 4 posts
Wanted long term rental - 4 posts
Auriga Crown/Alicante- No new Fleet! - 64 posts
long-term parking murcia airport - 4 posts
CORRUPT SPAIN - CLAYTON GES - FINCA PARCS - FINCA EXPERT - 19 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x