Buying a bar in Fuengirola, Money paid to agent/solicitor but they have both disappeared

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Jun 2009 2:53 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

grumpy1

.................phew,  that's a relief for you. Good luck with it.

does anyone brew 'real' ale in Spain, or does the heat or demand determine that it all has to be the refreshing but 'oh so bland' lager  type beer like Stella and San Miguel ?

Like 0      
16 Jun 2009 8:23 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Well I'm delighted to hear that it all seems to have resolved itself, although I must say, it would be nice to know a little more about what went on and why. Maybe if you tell us the name of the bar etc., next time we're in the area we can pop in to hear the full story?

I read the comments yesterday, in particular: "make sure this is not yet another Spanish scam in process.  We have learned the hard way that common sense, being in the right, and justice for those in the wrong often mean very little in Spain, and i'm sure that fact isn't lost on those who would do you down." and resisted the temptation to respond; I remembered that the original post stated that you'd been in Spain two weeks - which in terms of bureaucracy and getting answers and getting things done in Spain, is a blink of an eye, and so decided to wait to see how things developed.

Living and working and investing in Spain can be very troublesome and stressful at times, and sadly many have run in to (sometimes quite serious) difficulties. But remember that many others have also made a success of their new lives here and enjoy the many benefits. My advice therefore is to keep your wits about you at all times, seek advice and information as much as possible, and be wary of those who may be "out to get you", but equally, of those who will have you believe that everything and everyone here suck - as they will surely get you down just as much as the former!

Best of luck; let us know how it goes.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
17 Jun 2009 6:56 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9404 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Wonderful! Congratulations!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
26 Mar 2013 12:28 AM by PamelaG Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Perhaps unfortunate that this couple did not read the article on xxxxx before going ahead

Like 0      
29 Nov 2015 9:51 PM by cjb123456 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I have owned 5 bars in Fuengirola but now live in portsmouth UK I had to move back whilst my son finished his education in a private school in Portsmouth I am now free to do what ever takes my fancy and Spain has always been a place close to my heart If you need any assistance to run your establishment inclusive of good accountants etc etc please dont hesitate to email me it is a tough business running a bar or restaurant ---

Regards Colin

Like 0      
29 Nov 2015 10:14 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

cjb123456 - the original post was made in 2009.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

van wanted - 0 posts
Malaga Airport car hire, Fuel tank full out/full back - 4 posts
Car Insurance for UK Plates - 41 posts
Fancy a game ? - 5 posts
Happy Birthday Nati!!! - 10 posts
Try Before You Rent, Would This Work ? - 2 posts
CONTACT ME IF OWED MONEY FROM VILLAPAC - 0 posts
taxi service - 1 posts
Rental needed for 5 weeks in Spain - 9 posts
Gas Natural - 0 posts
Property Agent - 3 posts
refused mortgage - 6 posts
Van Hire in Albox - 0 posts
Looking for a reliable airport transfer company for Gibraltar-Estepona - 0 posts
equestrian direct alhaurin - 0 posts
package of terrace furniture - 0 posts
tru smoothies - 0 posts
Looking for Live-In Managers - Fantastic Opportunity - 0 posts
Transport - 5 posts
Charity Quiz Night in Sabinillas - 6 posts
Joiner moving to tortosa - 0 posts
Alonso & Haro Solicitors - 2 posts
builders merchants or sawmils in tortosa ? - 0 posts
NIE help again - 13 posts
help needed looking to rent long term in la florida!!! - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 26

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x