Driving Ban

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Apr 2009 2:29 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

What a result, Orda!  Well, doubt very much that would have happened in many a country!!  I think that's a big 'thumbs up" to Spain, IMHO.  Great that you are able to choose a time suitable to yourself to implement your ban!  Amazing!!

We'll have to agree to disagree on the English/Spanish notice subject!!  I live in a country where 90pc of the population are expats who built this country from the bare bones and I can assure you that when you receive an official document here - although it may have a translation in English (international language!) - it certainly doesn't have any in Urdu or Hindi, over 50pc of the population here!

Mabrook, on a good outcome!

This message was last edited by Pitby on 4/14/2009.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2009 2:40 PM by orda Star rating in Manilva Heights. 203 posts Send private message

orda´s avatar

Thanks Pitby.  I didn't mean to sound all superior or condescending so I apologise if it came across that way.  I just thought that in this day and age of freedom around Europe multi language red-tape would be a good idea.  Unfortunately when I went to school I was force fed French, and Spanish was still spoken by communists so we weren't allowed to learn it. I don't think I'd like an official document in Dubai of any kind.  I have a friend in the forces who has done a lot of work down that way after the war with the Iraqis who tells me that the people who speak hindi and urdu are not very highly regarded in that part of the world, so I guess that's why nothing is printed in their language.  I don't know what the answer is.  I remember at school that a load of kids used to go to lessons after school to learn the universal language, Esperanto.  Whatever happened to that. LOL

This message was last edited by orda on 4/14/2009.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2009 2:41 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

"When I said could I have last November she wasn't amused."

LOL!!!!

That's gonna tickle my funny bone for days.

Well done bud!

"The Tom Tom took us right to the door of the Ministry for the Interior and we managed to park right outside."

Hope they don't give you a ticket for that now and end up getting some more letters to go back there! lol

Well, just goes to show how convoluted the Spanish legal system is, and yet also to show that sometimes it can be quite fair.

Should it ever happen to me, I will say "Can I have August, as I'm going back to the UK on hols for a couple of weeks anyway, and I will still be able to drive out there as I'm only banned here!"

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
14 Apr 2009 2:54 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Orda, not at all, no apology necessary - you didn't sound condescending or superior one bit!  I'm just glad you sorted it out.

I'm also glad that "Spain" came out in a better light - so the dream can and does live on!!!

Like 0      
14 Apr 2009 2:58 PM by pepino Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Congratulations Orda.  I'm glad that you feel that you have got a result.   Slightly different options for me in Almeria which suggests some provincial variations.

"I wonder what would have happened if you hadnt gone to surrender the license? Do they come knocking on the door?" 

It's a very dangerous policy unless the idea of being someone's prison bitch appeals.  Similarly if you were tempted to drive during the merry month of May, and were stopped, don't be surprised if it's a custodial sentence.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2009 3:02 PM by funluvin99 Star rating in Scotland / Moraira. 96 posts Send private message

funluvin99´s avatar

In China if you go 50% above the speeding limit you lose your licence - though the law forgets to say for how long!! though if you are involved in a hit and run you lose your licence forever!

Of course a big wad of RMB will help you avoid either! 

Not that I have been brave/stupid/crazy (delete as you prefer) to drive here!!

Funluvin

Never let anyone tell you what you can't do!!

Like 0      
03 Jan 2013 9:44 AM by paulcanfi68 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Please make sure that at the end of the ban period you get your piece of paper to say that you have served sentence that you were required do, i have had a similar experience and just this morning was stopped by the guardia civil and told that because i never got the piece of paper in question that i am not legally entitled to drive as this is part of the process required to satisfy the ban, do not rely on the courts to send it to you as it won't happen, and ignorance is not a defence, as i have just found out after a 500€ fine and being told to take my car home and park it up and to not drive it until i have the "prueda de condena " at least i think that is what it's called, anyway i have to go to traffico first then the court that gave me the ban, good luck hope all works out ok for you, allways said you need a good sense of humour to live in Spain :-)

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Londoner - Barclays Spain - 9 posts
Mercury.es anyone have any good experiences etc? - 0 posts
price reduction confortlin eco flax bedding equestrian direct spain - 0 posts
Not exactly Flights to Spain... - 1 posts
Simulsat V Torresat - 7 posts
Medsea Estate Agents - 10 posts
Easyjet winter flights are out, check ........... - 2 posts
whos name to put the property in??? - 11 posts
English BMW 320dse - 0 posts
PARTY at Marbella Rugby Club - 13 posts
best place to shop - 11 posts
Wanted: Asesor fiscal. - 2 posts
Lost luggage with Monarch - 1 posts
Jardine de Palomares - 5 posts
Air con auto switch off - 28 posts
what can you do if your company defaults on redundancy payments - 7 posts
Long term rental Townhouse / Villa Mijas / Fuengirola region - 0 posts
furniture pack for sale - 0 posts
Costa De La Luz - 3 posts
need to buy some things - 3 posts
Ley de Costas - 2 posts
House rules - 11 posts
please click for cancer help - 0 posts
Tenant in need of advice - owner selling - 4 posts
Garden swing, sun loungers - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x