Renting to Russians

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by Pel Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi all,

I have just joined this site, this is my first post.

My wife and I are also trying to learn Spanish.

I am an owner of an apartment in Spain and wish to rent it out, I have had a couple of enquiries from Russian nationals who have asked for my passport details because they need to produce them to the Spanish embassy in Russia so as they can obtain a visa for entry into Spain.

Has anybody heard of this before? does anybody know of any problems that they have had renting to Russian nationals?

Thanks

Pel

Like 0      
16 Mar 2009 7:37 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

My friend married a Russian and I remember the hoops he had to jump through to get her to visit the UK. To be allowed to leave the country, the Russians have to be invited  to stay somewhere to be able to get an exit visa. This is probably where the passport details request has come from, but a formal letter should suffice to enable them to get a visiting visa, maybe even your NIE number instead? It is no different to me asking the Spanish for their NIE numbers when taking a booking from them.

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

NHBC????? - 3 posts
Do you own property at Las kalendas EGM tomorrow night in Fortuna - 0 posts
uk V spain? my friend says thanks for helping her find a way forward that suited her. - 0 posts
is it true? - 2 posts
Bying scooter and taking test - 6 posts
Van from London to Almeria City area? - 5 posts
Siesta Show feedback please - 0 posts
Wanted property for a month - 2 posts
reduced yet again - 5 posts
roundabouts in Spain - 43 posts
Wanted - Villa for long term rent - 1 posts
Hello finally finished! - 1 posts
Reliable lawyer needed Costa Blanca North - 0 posts
Inspection flights for under £30! - 10 posts
Crime in Zeniamar - 1 posts
Looking for self drive van hire - 0 posts
Tres Molinos, Murcia - 3 posts
Tres Molinos, Murcia - 18 posts
Alterations to properties - 1 posts
Building alterations. - 6 posts
Further confirmation that deadline for modelo 210 non resident form is December - 7 posts
A VERY SAD LOSS - LEN BUCKNALL DUQUESA - 0 posts
Angel de Miraflores HELP - 2 posts
Todays paper - 2 posts
Anybody flying to Malaga in the next few days (preferably from Birmingham) - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x